NEurope
Retro_Link

Rare to show 'historic' franchise at E3

DCubed has a good point: the original article said Rare "built" this IP, not that they're "using" or "revisiting" it. And yet they also phrased it in a way that made it seem like a familiar IP. The power of exact words...

Well, on the bright side, nobody's waving the corpse of a nostalgic franchise.

DCubed has a good point: the original article said Rare "built" this IP, not that they're "using" or "revisiting" it. And yet they also phrased it in a way that made it seem like a familiar IP. The power of exact words...

Well, on the bright side, nobody's waving the corpse of a nostalgic franchise.

Unless it's related to this ;)

506143-wizards___warriors_14_super.png

But nah, I reckon it'll be a new IP and that's a good thing. As has been rightfully pointed out, new Rare is a completely different company from the Rare/Rareware we knew and loved, so it's better to see them forge their own path rather than chase their lost legacy.

It's got to be Perfect Dark. Rare don't have any other "historic" franchises.

It's got to be Perfect Dark. Rare don't have any other "historic" franchises.

From some of the talk at the conference from Microsoft it was like gaming didn't exist before the original XBOX, so 'historic', for them, could be Conker or even Kinect Sports :indeed:

Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra

Im hoping for KI and for it to be on 360 aswell :p

Edited by Nintendo Fan

Ah..knights...historic.

I get it now.

Clever wording.

Jet Force Gemini PLZ.

Ant gunge was THE SHIT! Back in the day.

Amazing game.

I didn't expect Rare to comment on this picture:

@Cube1701 The first thing I said myself was "that picture makes it look like it's something to do with knights".

So, not to do with knights.

If you take "historic" as meaning nothing but xbox history then Grabbed by the Ghoulies is historic in that it was the first Microsoft published Rare game. I actually enjoyed it for the humour, even if gameplay terms it was somewhat limited compared to other Rare games. It's depressing to think how much they've gone down the shitter, they started the generation still being creative with Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Viva Pinata and ended it making the two Kinect Sports games and avatar content.

Clearer image of the Rare game

whOZKpD.jpg

He doesn't look like a Knight.

Clearer image of the Rare game

whOZKpD.jpg

He doesn't look like a Knight.

Yeah he does. Like a cartoony version of an English knight that fought in in the crusades and such.

Actually it looks more like a futuristic driving suit or something, it's all slick.

No I think it looks like a knight. I expect that looks like chainmail up closer, just all with a cartoony effect.

And it's got the belt round the middle and holding the flag gown in place etc...

Actually it looks more like a futuristic driving suit or something, it's all slick.

Maybe he is a member of the Blast Corps demolition company.

Well,

1) It's not a cross pattern, there's only one junction and it's not even horizontal. Plus it looks like there's some sort of logo on his left chest.

2) The belt looks way too modern, plus it's not functional at all at chest height. Any weapon would drag it down to the hip instantly.

3) How come the arm has a design also? The grey could be a bracer, yes, but the cut is way too clean and is marked by a thick white border, which suggests it's a fabric design.

4) The glove looks like it's fabric or leather as well, not something a knight would wear. If the basic grey is chainmail, then it would make no sense for him to have no bracers or gauntlets at least.

Maybe he is a member of the Blast Corps demolition company.

I don't think the location is very BC-esque. Looks more like an action / adventure game locale...

Definitely some kind of race suit or futuristic uniform. He also seems to be wearing something on his back.

It's not a knight... as per Rare's comment and the fact that it would appear to be an alien world.

The outfit has a zip and a logo...

Definitely some kind of race suit or futuristic uniform. He also seems to be wearing something on his back.

Yup exactly what I thought. It looks nothing like a knight in the clear image.

I can't really see the something on his back... but having only just enlarged the pic, I now see what Shorty means about a logo on his top... hmm!

Hmm futuristic, suit, like a racer... perhaps a pilot... of a ship?

Jet-Pac!

There's your Megaton right there! ;)

It could be the base of the classic game but fleshed out into something more suitably epic.

Now I've looked at the enlarged pic it does look more like some of futuristic suit. I'm still saying it could be a cartoony coat of arms.

It looks like the Wayne Rooney space adventure we've all been waiting for!