NEurope
ReZourceman

Fast & Furious Franchise

Are they going to call one of them "Fast", and the other one "Furious"?

2 minutes ago, bob said:

Are they going to call one of them "Fast", and the other one "Furious"?

We already basically had that with Fast 5, Furious 6 (renamed but still kept it some places) and Furious 7.

If they don't call it FasTEN and Your Seatbelts, they've missed a trick.

Also, they should absolutely follow Final Fantasy logic and have 10-2 feature the gang as pop stars.

Edited by Goafer
  • Haha 1

What's that you say? Photoshop Vin Diesel in FFX2? Oh well, if there's demand for it I guess:

VDFFX2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got around to watching Hobbs and Shaw last night with @Goafer. I thought it was pretty terrible, probably the worst in the franchise. I thought the action was boring, the back and forth humour felt very forced and it was weird how the sister had more chemistry with her brother than she did with The Rock.

• Like 1

I know little about the franchise, have watched a couple over the years but never the whole lot - Hobbs and Shaw is the first I saw in cinemas and yeah it was terrible in some parts,  mainly any part that tried to convey the characters as actual people, but the ridiculous action scenes seemed ok to me. Idris Elba as evil super villain saved it for me but yeah, the film didn't inspire me to check out the rest of the films I have missed :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I know little about the franchise, have watched a couple over the years but never the whole lot - Hobbs and Shaw is the first I saw in cinemas and yeah it was terrible in some parts,  mainly any part that tried to convey the characters as actual people, but the ridiculous action scenes seemed ok to me. Idris Elba as evil super villain saved it for me but yeah, the film didn't inspire me to check out the rest of the films I have missed :laughing:

That’s a shame because Fast & Furious 1-7 are great and it’s at least escalating craziness (2 is bad but at least fits in the universe).

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

That’s a shame because Fast & Furious 1-7 iare great and it’s at least escalating craziness (2 is bad but at least fits in the universe).

It didn't look like my sort of thing growing up but I'm not against giving them a chance now! 

On 7/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, Happenstance said:

Finally got around to watching Hobbs and Shaw last night with @Goafer. I thought it was pretty terrible, probably the worst in the franchise. 

Worst than Tokyo Drift?

[I've only see that one and the first]

On 14/02/2023 at 2:07 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Worst than Tokyo Drift?

[I've only see that one and the first]

I always thought 2 Fast 2 Furious was worse.

Saw this yesterday. Very far-fetched, very dumb, very action-packed...and I bloody loved it! It's typical Fast and Furious doing what it does best and it's very aware.

One of the better sequels purely because it's fun.

• Like 1

Need to finish the current cinema card before it expires and it looks like it'll be with this as there's little else. It'll be my third foray into Fast and Furious. :woops: Well, fourth if Hobbs & Shaw counts.

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Saw this yesterday. Very far-fetched, very dumb, very action-packed...and I bloody loved it! It's typical Fast and Furious doing what it does best and it's very aware.

One of the better sequels purely because it's fun.

I'll take "far-fetched, dumb and action-packed" and expect to have forgotten about it by the time the credits finish.

Watched this on Friday, yeah absolute bollocks. Really enjoyed it. They're doing two more (apparently...they seemed to faux-leak that at the Premiere) and I'm buzzing. 

16 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

Watched this on Friday, yeah absolute bollocks. Really enjoyed it. They're doing two more (apparently...they seemed to faux-leak that at the Premiere) and I'm buzzing. 

Were you a fan of 8 and 9?

Edited by Happenstance

Can anyone explain what Fast X was about? I have never watched a movie in this franchise before, and going on the basis of what I saw the other day, I never will.