NEurope
ReZourceman

Fast & Furious Franchise

I think it's still on course because...

In the opening scene seeing Owen Shaw still alive (just about), and at the end of the film seeing Deckard Shaw still alive in prison, and Hobbs lines about kicking his ass if he got out yadda yadda.

I'm assuming Owen will somehow break Deckard out of jail. Hobb's is all like... "It's like my birthday and Christmas rolled into one, Shaw's... I'm coming for you... but i'm gonna need some help"

Dom, Letty, Tej, Roman are seen in different parts of the world doing their own thing, then their cell phones go, and they just get their serious face on. And they all get on their way to meet Hobbs.

Dom detours to Tokyo to bring Drift King into the film and make him part of the family cause Han was family to him and Drift King... and there we go.

Paul? kill him off screen? just have a phone call to Mia and she say's he's busy with the kids? Have Dom say he never called him, he's got his own family to worry about?

What would be the outlandish stunt? they've never had drifting tanks.....

I was saying to @Goafer the other day that I would have liked to see 4 ending with Dom actually making it to prison and then 5 be a prison break movie, then carry on as before.

Paul? kill him off screen? just have a phone call to Mia and she say's he's busy with the kids? Have Dom say he never called him, he's got his own family to worry about?

What would be the outlandish stunt? they've never had drifting tanks.....

I guess would be to have something like a scene where Mia is sat on a chair in her back yard, her phone rings on the table next to her, it's Dom.

She answers and is happy to speak to Dom, then he brings up what's happening, and says to Mia, that he loves her, he loves Brian, he loves the kids and that he's gotta do this.

in the background there just the back of Brian portrayed by one of his brothers or something playing with the kids and some remote control cars racing them. you never see his face.

Then Mia is like "Dom no, You can't, He can't", then Dom interrupts and says "no this is just us this time, don't tell Brian anything, he's sitting out of this one".

Then again Dom tells Mia he loves her, and he hangs up. Mia's upset, but trys to put on a brave face, turns to look at Brian with a forced smile and says something like "The Skyline's new spoiler just left the warehouse" or something like that...

I dunno, there's gotta be ways to keep contact between Dom and Mia without them ever needing Brian to get involved in any of the heists or plot. Even if something as dumb as Dom phoning Mia and Brian's taken the kids to the park so Brian would never have to know Dom called.

There doesn't have to be a break off with Dom and Brian, it's just that in the future films it could be the case of Dom and Brian are always talking on the phone, always emailing, but Dom never lets onto Brian about any of the shenanigans they get up to. Or even if they did, little comments like Dom saying.. "Brian's sitting this one out Roman" or something like that.

they don't need to forget the existence of Brian and Mia in future films, they've just gotta be clever enough to never need to have Brian and Mia involved in any of the future plots for the films.

Fast and Furious 7 was absolutely brilliant. Admittedly, I cried and so did my mates. Very well done and I REALLY hope, in a great way, they leave it at 7 now. Everything tied up nicely enough and was explained. I'm going to buy the bluray boxset on the first day because, for me, the series has ended. If they make 8, I'd watch it but I think part of me will always me disappointed with it automatically

I do now. .

I can only assume that the confusion is due to you being a time traveller and recently having traveled back a year from 2016. Correct?

This movie's being advertised all the time now.

It seems stupidly over the top and way too little focus on cool cars... But I still wanna see it.

Me and the lads went and seen this on Friday night. It was over the top action that made little sense and I absolutely loved it. I love how the series has changed from being about cars to stuff just getting blown up in massive set pieces. The Rock and Jason Statham were hilarious together, both delivering some great scenes and lines.

Roll on Fast 9. :bouncy:

Agree entirely with that.

Your review highlights just why I love how the series has evolved. You mention how the franchise kinda fills a hole in the movie industry as films like this don't get made that often. I totally agree and it's also why I enjoy the Expendables films. Being a child of the 80s I grew up watching the no brainer action films by Sly and Arnie and both FF and Expendables draw from that era.

I'm looking forward to seeing 8 at some point. Not got around to it yet.

I've recently rewatched all the others though as Giant Bomb have been doing commentaries for all of them which have been great.

I've actually never seen a Fast and Furious film because cars.

But if they stop being about cars and start being about blowing cool shit up, I might be interested!

At which point would you say they switch?

I've actually never seen a Fast and Furious film because cars.

But if they stop being about cars and start being about blowing cool shit up, I might be interested!

At which point would you say they switch?

4 is the start of the switch, 5 is where they understand where they are.

I dont care about cars at all but I'd still recommend watching them from the beginning. There are so many small nods in the movies to whats come before and you need to understand THE FAMILY!

God yes, 5 onwards. I love them. They're just so stupidly enjoyable. I LOVED 8, too. Not as good as 5,

which I consider the pinnacle of the series, but it was great and better in different ways.

Guns, explosions, fast cars, ridiculous stunts, over the top action....count me in again! :D 

Although I'm not sure how in the hell they are going to explain the ending to that trailer. ::shrug:

Well I've bought the other eight films, including that Hobs and Shaw spinoff movie. I don't care how bad these movies get. At this point it's more of a compulsion for me to collect every movie in the franchise.

I love them all. I loved Fast 8 but I was right in what I said before, a part of me was a bit disappointed after because I thought 7 ended well. F9 looks unrealistic and stupid but in the best way possible. It's mindless entertainment that is not meant to be taken seriously and I don't think anybody else does either.