NEurope
ReZourceman

Fast & Furious Franchise

Ah man I just heard the news too. So sad :(

Heard it was just a single vehicle accident too so wonder how it happened.

Is it too soon to wonder if this will effect Fast7? Like are they still filming or did filming finish already?

Is it too soon to wonder if this will effect Fast7? Like are they still filming or did filming finish already?

They are still filming it.

Very sad news, always liked his character.

The other guy was less famous he was a proffesional driver and will still sorely be missed by those who knew of him.

Its really sad about Paul, he came accross as a nice guy and by all accounts in real life was a lovely bloke, charitable man and loving father.

Its really horrible news, and sounds like some posturing in a car went wrong (reports suggest there were figure 8 tyre marks in the road and skid lines), horrible all round and very sad.

The thing i don't understand is how the car so suddenly burst into flames and trapped them both inside, i thought cars were designed not to set on fire so quickly, especially high end sports cars

The other guy was less famous he was a proffesional driver and will still sorely be missed by those who knew of him.

Its really sad about Paul, he came accross as a nice guy and by all accounts in real life was a lovely bloke, charitable man and loving father.

Its really horrible news, and sounds like some posturing in a car went wrong (reports suggest there were figure 8 tyre marks in the road and skid lines), horrible all round and very sad.

The thing i don't understand is how the car so suddenly burst into flames and trapped them both inside, i thought cars were designed not to set on fire so quickly, especially high end sports cars

Aren't sports cars more likely than standard cars to do this though?

I mean, from my lack of knowledge any time I've heard about fire with cars, its always a higher end of car and from my knowledge of standard cars, they shouldn't set fire or explode, but it happens (albeit rarely).

RIP to the other guy who no one cares about because he isnt famous.

Apparently, his name was Ralph Rodas. That name translates to "Ralph Wheels" in Portuguese. Go figure.

R.I.P. Walker and Rodas

Aren't sports cars more likely than standard cars to do this though?

I mean, from my lack of knowledge any time I've heard about fire with cars, its always a higher end of car and from my knowledge of standard cars, they shouldn't set fire or explode, but it happens (albeit rarely).

I'd guess sports cars would be less likely to be honest. Since the manufacturers expect them to be used on tracks, they'll build the fuel tanks etc stronger.

The problem is, when sports cars crash they crash faster, meaning more likelihood of splitting something that contains fuel.

At least one good thing will come of the accident: I imagine most of his fans are boy racers, so it might encourage a few of them to drive more sensibly. Still a shame though.

Some of the reports of the incident are horrific

It seems the charity event was at Rodas' garage, where one of his employees was having trouble with the porche, it kept stalling while he was trying to put it away, so Rodas took control, and Paul who'd not been in one got in for a spin.

The crash happened very close by, with people running over with fire extinguishers, and Rodas' 8 year old son running to the car and he atempted to free them from the wreck...

sounds utterly tragic, and like it was a tempremental car....

Tribute video from the Fast & Furious team

Coroner report

Actor Paul Walker, best known for his roles in the 'Fast & Furious' action films, died from combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries in a car accident, the Los Angeles County coroner said on Wednesday.

Walker, 40, was a passenger in a fiery one-car crash on Saturday in Santa Clarita, California, about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Los Angeles. The driver of the Porsche Carrera GT, Roger Rodas, died of multiple traumatic injuries, the coroner said.

There's a tribute car show being held at my local race course (Santa Pod) on the 18th January. £4 entry with all money going to Reach Out Worldwide, the charity he worked with. £25 for unlimited runs on the drag strip.

Nice to see a proper event being organised among all the legally questionable "croozes".

Tribute video from the Fast & Furious team

I have to say, I find that video so weird. I mean I feel for the family of this guy, but the video makes it look like the character died. Every word spoken in it and every emotion seen in it is only an act.

Even just a glimpse of the cast laughing in a behind-the-scenes shot would have humanised the whole thing.

Anyway, RIP to Mr Walker. I was never a fan of the franchise but always found them entertaining and he played his part well.

It's so surreal to see Paul Walker again but the trailer look awesome. Got the Crew vibes when I saw those cars they launched off the airplane.

Looks as ridiculous and amazingly incredible as the last two. Yeaaaahhh boi. Looking forward to seeing what James Wan's direction is like too, hope it's got a lot of his visual flair.

There was surprise screening of Furious 7 at SXSW and the early reactions seemed pretty positive.

*shamefully stolen from GAF*

Steven Weintraub @Colliderfrosty

World premiere of @creepypuppet's FURIOUS 7 played huge. No way you pay money to see this movie and walk out dissapointed.

Steven Weintraub @Colliderfrosty

@BurnettRM @creepypuppet played like a rock concert. People cheering. Need to see again. Action is crazy. #THEDOME

Lon Harris @Lons

Fast and Furious 5-7 = Greatest Action Trilogy of All Time. Done.

Peter S. Hall @PeterSHall

FURIOUS 7 is so, so good at ensemble action. So many moving pieces all deftly managed. Sells the insane with ease, the emotion with grace.

ErikDavis @ErikDavis

FURIOUS 7 is exactly what you want it to be. Unreal action sequences, tons of badass & a fantastic send off for Paul Walker. #sxsw

Amirose Eisenbach @Amirosie

Furious 7: any attempt of realism has been completely abandoned. More outrageous stunts & dialogue than ever. Unfiltered fun! #ForPaul #SXSW

Matt Donato @DoNatoBomb

#Furious7 was an action-packed blast. #SXSW DUG it. If these movies keep being so damn fun, there's no reason for the franchise to ever die.

Ed Travis @Ed_Travis

#Furious7 finally made me a believer. Not an drop of cynicism or physics in the entire film. Loved it top to bottom. Cars DO fly. #SXSW

John Laird @SideOneTrackOne

All the Paul Walker stuff is well done. Won't spoil anything. Just know it's all right. #furious7 #sxsw

Peter Knox @Peterknox

Furious Seven is everything you want it to be. Plus Kurt Russell & The Rock deliver. A fitting swan song for Paul Walker. See it. #SXSW

Johanna Fuentes @jfuentes

#Furious7 had SO many great moments, but a scene involving @TheRock, a cast & his bicep... Hands down my favorite. #SXSW

Dan Casey @osteoferocious

FURIOUS 7 gets 7 furiouses up. Such over the top fun. Audience lost their damn minds for 2 hours straight. #SXSW #NerdistSXSW

Silver Screen Riot @SSRdotcom

Furious Seven is so dumb. So beautifully, wonderfully, entertainingly dumb. #SXSW

Talk Film Society @TalkFilmSoc

Furious 7 is the biggest, most over-the-top film in the franchise. The set pieces are insane. It's also rightfully very emotional.

Gabe Hernandez @misplacedpants

Just saw Furious 7 and @TheRock definitely is a scene stealer. Great film that everyone deserves to see without spoilers. #Furious7

Jon Partridge @Texas_Jon

#Furious7 is a blast. Fantastic action, humor and a lot of heart. Possibly the best yet from the franchise. Incredibly dignified ending.

And more over at http://www.slashfilm.com/furious-7-early-reactions/

I for one cannot wait to see this film. I'm currently in a conversation with work colleagues on why I love this franchise. They all seem to think it's crap, poorly acted, over the top. But that's the point of them right?

I'll be at the cinema day one with Wifey for the premier of this, and already fully anticipate that the both of us will be in tears in the cinema during certain moments.

Soon!

I grew up with these movies and they hold the place of my guilty pleasure that was there through my teen years, although i never met Paul Walker, i feel like someone from my childhood died and the movie really plays on that so i'm not ashamed in the slightest to admit the farewell ending to Paul had me fighting back the tears (and by the looks of it there were quite a few none dry eyes on exiting)

The action was over the top, the plot was loose and played fast with the facts, it was a true fast and furious master pieces......Made me leave the cinema wanting more, but knowing if we did get it, it would never be the same without Paul

I give it 7 out of 7

@Agent Gibbs summed it up pretty much perfectly. Never met Paul Walker, he never knew I existed. But his death was such a massive one for me. Base on how much I love these damn films.

I adore this franchise which some people think is a bit weird. I've told them that Furious 7 was my most anticipated film of the year over Avengers and Star Wars. Yup, It was.

I really liked the nods to the previous films

Race Wars, Hector, Tuna Sandwiches, Dom & Letty in muscle cars all the time, NOS, Back to Tokyo, The scene overlooking LA skyline, Paul driving a GTR, The Supra at the end

Shame that the Rock's filming schedule resulted in a smaller part in the film, but glad he actually was in it at all.

The film itself, you could tell how much it had changed since Paul Walkers passing. Like, Han's death was completely skipped over really. Was expecting more of Tokyo and Lucas Black's character. Would have thought he'd at least go to the funeral as Han was a good friend of his. The phone call between Mia and Brian looked like it was shot at different stages during the film. Like Mia's part was done after Paul's death.

It was of course so OTT, but it worked.

The finale was tough to watch. They couldn't have ended it better, but man it was so difficult to watch. Loved it. The ending felt so genuine, it felt like 4th wall was broken and it wasn't Dom talking about Brian, but Vin talking about Paul which it probably was meant to be.

Lots of onions in the cinema being chopped at that point.

Finally got around to seeing this last night ( we were waiting for all the kids/chavs to go back to school ) and I absolutely loved it. It was over the top, loud, cheesy and action packed, just what I wanted from it.

I was disappointed by how little The Rock was in it, but every time he was on screen he completely stole the show. He also had the best line in the film...

Woman, I am the cavalry!

What a guy. :D

I thought the send off to Paul was done amazingly well, as were the parts that were shot without him in it. Apart from the final scene, I found it hard to see which parts were with him in and which parts were added after his passing.

Brilliant film. Would watch again. :bowdown:

If I ever have my arm in a full cast, that's definitely how I'm going to take it off.

The Rock actually ended up in more of the movie than he originally was going to. At first he was going to be in a coma after the attack for the rest of the movie as he was filming Hercules but then Paul Walker died and the movie got pushed back, giving him time to film and the writers an extra character to help pad it out.

Saw this the other day, loved it, pure non stop over the top action, :D

The ending was a great send off for Paul and his character... not what I expected either...

I thought I read before that Paul had filmed very little of his parts before he died and they would have to kill his character off... so everytime his character was in danger I thought "this is it is it?" especially the bus scene. Glad that was wrong and they were able to keep his character around right to the end.

So is Fast 8 still a possibility or are they calling it a day on the franchise now?

So is Fast 8 still a possibility or are they calling it a day on the franchise now?

I think it's still on course because...

In the opening scene seeing Owen Shaw still alive (just about), and at the end of the film seeing Deckard Shaw still alive in prison, and Hobbs lines about kicking his ass if he got out yadda yadda.

I'm assuming Owen will somehow break Deckard out of jail. Hobb's is all like... "It's like my birthday and Christmas rolled into one, Shaw's... I'm coming for you... but i'm gonna need some help"

Dom, Letty, Tej, Roman are seen in different parts of the world doing their own thing, then their cell phones go, and they just get their serious face on. And they all get on their way to meet Hobbs.

Dom detours to Tokyo to bring Drift King into the film and make him part of the family cause Han was family to him and Drift King... and there we go.