NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaepora_Gaebora

The next Nintendo Direct will reveal Smash Bros, Mario Kart U and Mario U before E3

Just seen this on ONM, Nintendo of America have tweeted that is what the next ND is all about, before E3! :)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49731/smash-bros-wii-u-mario-kart-and-3d-mario-game-to-be-revealed-in-next-nintendo-direct-before-e3/

"Enjoyed Nintendo Direct this afternoon? The next show promises to be even better as Nintendo will use it to discuss Smash Bros Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U and the new 3D Mario Wii U game from the creators of Mario Galaxy. What's more, the show will be broadcast before E3.

Iwata tweeted the news shortly after Nintendo Direct on Friday afternoon.

Nintendo won't be holding a large conference at E3 this year but fans can still expect to hear all the major news in this Nintendo Direct broadcast. Media will also get to play the game at a special showcase hosted by Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie Fils-Aime. We'll be there..."

I really hope for nintendo's sake that they announce more than those three obvious games.

I really hope for nintendo's sake that they announce more than those three obvious games.

The actual tweet specified "and other Wii U games", so I think we're safe...especially as there's no third party support. Ba-dum tch.

Timing is key, here. Thankfully, the PS4 and next Xbox will have been revealed by then, so the buzz will all be about pricing and the games. Nintendo almost always delivers with games that cannot be beaten so if they ram this first, on say June 9th, they can potentially deflate a lot of the MS and Sony hype from the 10th. If they wait til afterwards, they'll just be overshadowed

Look at the E3 Direct last year. Day before E3 started, and it was spectacular. I had never seen such positive Nintendo love on the Internet, and I haven't seen it since.

I have no doubt the E3 Direct will blow it out of the park. We have all their current games named and dated. This E3 Direct will, for the Wii U, show only new content and that excites the hell out of me

i'm hyped, and that has been a long!!! time, since i have been this way lol.

i also hope to see more from the New (Epic) Zelda, and a blown away video trailer from Xenogears, footage from Smashbros, etc.

I also want to see a Naruto game for the WiiU, i loved the Clash series, more than Storm.

so i want to see a return, they can go all out on the wiiU, with the 25Gig Disc space lol.

and if they show an awesome (beautifull) starfox game, and F-zero. than i will wet my pants.

The retro, game.

i hope there will be a Metroid (firstperson game, where we can play with like 18/16 players online. something like halo, flying with your craft etc, different weapons.

The actual tweet specified "and other Wii U games", so I think we're safe...especially as there's no third party support. Ba-dum tch.

Timing is key, here. Thankfully, the PS4 and next Xbox will have been revealed by then, so the buzz will all be about pricing and the games. Nintendo almost always delivers with games that cannot be beaten so if they ram this first, on say June 9th, they can potentially deflate a lot of the MS and Sony hype from the 10th. If they wait til afterwards, they'll just be overshadowed

Look at the E3 Direct last year. Day before E3 started, and it was spectacular. I had never seen such positive Nintendo love on the Internet, and I haven't seen it since.

I have no doubt the E3 Direct will blow it out of the park. We have all their current games named and dated. This E3 Direct will, for the Wii U, show only new content and that excites the hell out of me

I just hope that isn't all they've got to show. Just having the new 3D Mario, Mario Kart U and Smash Bros 4 and a recap of the other games we know like X and Yarn Yoshi isn't enough for me. I need some out-of-nowhere surprises that blow me away!

At the very least, I just hope that Retro isn't working on Mario Kart. Not that they didn't do a great job on MK7, but I want to see something new and unexpected from them.

I just hope that isn't all they've got to show. Just having the new 3D Mario, Mario Kart U and Smash Bros 4 and a recap of the other games we know like X and Yarn Yoshi isn't enough for me. I need some out-of-nowhere surprises that blow me away!

At the very least, I just hope that Retro isn't working on Mario Kart. Not that they didn't do a great job on MK7, but I want to see something new and unexpected from them.

It's Nintendo. When did we all lose faith in them. When they deliver, they deliver

It's Nintendo. When did we all lose faith in them. When they deliver, they deliver

There aren't many internal or 2nd party developers left that are unaccounted for currently... (see our ongoing list http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35099&page=3 )

Right now, the only ones who potentially have games left to announce are Retro Studios, HAL (though I reckon they're working on Yoshi's Island 3DS - so that probably counts out a Wii U game for the time being, but I think that another concurrent 3DS game is possible), possibly Intelligent Systems (though with them currently collaborating on FE X SMT, I would think that they'd only have enough staff for a 3DS game right now) and possibly NST (I really doubt that Mario & DK MOTM took up that many resources, they're a pretty big studio so a bigger Wii U title is possible)

There's also Nintendo SPD 4 & 5 (who probably worked on New Super Luigi U), as well as Skip, Asobism and Syn Sophia but they're all far too small to be working on any Wii U retail titles... Also Greezo is almost certainly working on Wind Waker HD (they have been groomed as the "Zelda Remake Team" so it only makes sense to assume that this is their handiwork)

So I have reason to be doubtful here...

Edit: Mind you though, there were those hints of Sumo Digital working on a Mario Kart/Sonic crossover...

https://twitter.com/S0LSUM0/status/327921575968010240

sonicmariokartemj5c.png

If that were to be the unannounced "Mario Kart" title for Wii U, that would go a long way towards freeing up EAD staff members to work on something new and unexpected...

Edited by Dcubed

What with Pikmin in July, and W101 in August, the theory that a few people have had on here (or perhaps hope/wish) that we will get one big game per month for the rest of the year starting July, along with the big marketing push, looks promising. Didn't they say Kart and Mario 3D would be out this year too? If so that means we have another 2 months to fill with 'big' games this year, which I hope e3 will sort out for us :)

Edit: Oh and Wind Waker as well, so that's one month unaccounted for!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

Maybe something like this:

June - Game & Wario

July - Pikmin 3 & New Super Luigi U

August- The Wonderful 101

September - 3D Mario

October - The Wind Waker HD

November - Mario Kart U

December - I don't even know.

Some 3rd party games are coming during that period too, like Batman: Arkham Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Duck Tales Remastered etc.

Should be good if it goes about that road.

Maybe something like this:

June - Game & Wario

July - Pikmin 3 & New Super Luigi U

August- The Wonderful 101

September - 3D Mario

October - The Wind Waker HD

November - Mario Kart U

December - I don't even know.

Some 3rd party games are coming during that period too, like Batman: Arkham Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Duck Tales Remastered etc.

Should be good if it goes about that road.

December: Wii Fit U...just in time for the New Years Resolutions ;)

You forgot Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Scribblenauts Unmasked. Superhero crazy!

Sign in to follow this