Lens of Truth

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympics

First screenshots:

RkHSQ8C.jpg

fCkDUwn.jpg

1qpIm3B.jpg

B74HZZg.jpg

27weWhX.jpg

If the snowboarding mode turns out well I might pick this up.

Also this makes me happy:

iR15sKLc2IOmq.gif

Really impressed by the graphics. Imagine what Super Mario Universe is going to look like:o

Never been interested in these before, but now with my game playing daughter I'm really excited by this!

I hadnt really been interested in the previous titles, i played them at work during olympic fund raising stuff but never felt the need to buy the game. This however, does look great, events in the mushroom kingdom and sonic universe? Look at those graphics! Im back on board...

Is it just me who can't notice a difference in graphics between this and the Wii game? Not a fan of winter olympics, prefer the summer games

Is it just me who can't notice a difference in graphics between this and the Wii game? Not a fan of winter olympics, prefer the summer games

Yup, same here. Looks like a HD port of one of the Wii games. That being said, that's not a bad thing, they always looked pretty damn good actually!

618w_mario_sonic_london_2012_olympic_games_3.jpg

618w_mario_sonic_london_2012_olympic_games_2.jpg

24290William_Discus_PR014_Mario.jpg

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-007.jpg

Anyway, the first game was pretty good, the 2nd one was crap and the 3rd one was OK. This one seems to be shaking things up a bit by requiring the Gamepad and the Wii Remote Plus, so let's see how this one turns out...

Here's a comparison video.

I couldn't care any less for this game but I guess this is Nintendo making good on their promise of attracting back the hardcore gamers this generation :blank:

Who needs games like Final Fantasy, GTA, MGS, Real Original Resident Evil, Tales Of Games, Street Fighter, etc, etc when we can have more minigame shovel like this?

Who needs games like Final Fantasy, GTA, MGS, Real Original Resident Evil, Tales Of Games, Street Fighter, etc, etc when we can have more minigame shovel like this?

Yes, because Nintendo owns all of those series.

Yes, because Nintendo owns all of those series.

Yes, because Sony and Microsoft own all those series.

Yes, because Sony and Microsoft own all those series.

Look, don't pretend like it's that simple. Historically, 3rd parties have always been reluctant to develop for Nintendo's systems, and even if Nintendo does everything right, many will still be reluctant (things like Rockstar's irrational dislike for Nintendo consoles, or Kojima's preference for the Playstations. Even Namco's odd stubbornness in releasing Tales games in the west is a hurdle)

And complaining that you aren't getting the games you want in a thread that doesn't concern any of it is both pointless and childish. And what only makes it worse is that you're comparing a 1st party effort to 3rd party support, as if one negates the other.

Look, don't pretend like it's that simple. Historically, 3rd parties have always been reluctant to develop for Nintendo's systems, and even if Nintendo does everything right, many will still be reluctant (things like Rockstar's irrational dislike for Nintendo consoles, or Kojima's preference for the Playstations. Even Namco's odd stubbornness in releasing Tales games in the west is a hurdle)

And complaining that you aren't getting the games you want in a thread that doesn't concern any of it is both pointless and childish. And what only makes it worse is that you're comparing a 1st party effort to 3rd party support, as if one negates the other.

Come again? Who developed these games? This is a 3rd party developed game with Nintendo and Sega characters.

Mario-Sonic-London-2012-007.jpg

Where's Roger?

Come again? Who developed these games? This is a 3rd party developed game with Nintendo and Sega characters.

I stand corrected, then. Thought it was Nintendo, not Sega, developing this.

I stand by my other statements, though.

The olympic games are awesome, I can't wait for this. And there's not a single decent party game on Wii U right now, so I can't wait!

Nintendo aren't gonna just drop titles like this, which sell millions, because they said they're trying to appeal to the hardcore. Surely they can do both? And heck, this is by SEGA anyway.

I saw the London Olympic game for 3ds earlier in Blockbuster for a tenner new. I think I should have invested! Doh!

The olympic games are awesome, I can't wait for this. And there's not a single decent party game on Wii U right now, so I can't wait!

Nintendo aren't gonna just drop titles like this, which sell millions, because they said they're trying to appeal to the hardcore. Surely they can do both? And heck, this is by SEGA anyway.

The best party game on WiiU ATM is NintendoLand, which will be added to when Game and Wario releases in July.

That E3 time has come again, so of course I had to tour these N-E bits to get possessed by the hype. :DThis is the chance for*NINTENDO*to sell the*Wiiu*to me and show me that they mean serie-us business.Mario*&*Sonic*at*the*Sochi*Winter Olympics*looks, visually, to me, no different than those Wii outings, regardless of if I was watching the footage from an not-the-greatest video player.The first iteration of this game was my favourite. The other 'winter' (:P) olympic game was so poop that I forgot that a 3rd one came out. Or was the 3rd one the winter one? If so, then the 2nd wasn't at all eye-catching enough.So that's critiscm towards the visual graphics. Sorry, but not next generation enough. Nope, not expecting some real-life graphics. Just SUPER, DUPER, TRUPER enhanced visuals of this style. Think of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm and was it called 'The Last Guardian' (?) kind of 'cartoon/anime' visuals that looked so awesome. Or rather, at the begining of Mario Kart Wii intro, or even better - the intro to the 1st Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. *Wiiu should be able to provide gameplay visuals which resemble that, obviously more cartoony and Nintendoey.Stadiums should be looking so grand and overwhelming. Envirornments should be breath-taking and dreamy.Control-wise, I'll offer advice to yet again - the first iteration within this series. Basically, the waggle should be replaced with refined and accurate control inputs to make for genuine, skilled-based competition.Mix your track and field events, with your gymnastics and all those games in the first game, with some of your winter based games like skiing etc etc with optional control methods of the balance board..... Which swims me to my next point of concern - online.Skiing online with balance boards, skeeting with Wiimotes etc etc would be a sincere competition of sheer skill.National and international, similar to Mario Kart Wii. Four players per Wii could go worldwide to rape globally and spread their sperm to become fathers of this universe.Say you needed a team of four, it could be two players from one Wii teamed with two other randoms from another two individual Wii's. All this 'alone, together' would be defeated, no?*Voicechat for player communication for play tactics should be pissing mandatory!Make incredible use of Miiverse.Instead, all I'm seeing is a copy and pasted Wii game, just like New Super Luigi Crossed U.Every idiot buys it so Nintendo knows they can make millions just by selling a shit game with Mario in it. And that said game, but this time with Mario's bro.Pikmin 3 looks veeeery interesting, believe me it does. But the potential and value of Wiiu, I'm sorry Pikmin 3 doesn't live up to standards. Visuals should be looking u-mazing (within Pikmins' own art style, of course).Dont even get me started on a Mario Party for Wiiu.Now all I'm seeing to the build-up of E3 is more shit that people seem to be hyping. Im all for different kind of games and experiences, but please at an high art/human effort level (or, Nintendo/God effort level).Nintendo Land should've been a million times more, .... radical.Nintendo are assembling Sega to avenge this game industry. Assemble HVS to the alliance and make a sick ass Conduit 3. Continued story but comes across as the series reborn since it would be the 1st super high-quality one. XDFucking Sonic? I love that bastard to death but, I dunno, his games has lost that incredibleness since the megadrive days. 3D can probably work with Sonic, just need sensible human effort I suppose.Fuck Watch Dogs. Was interested at first but I dunno, looking like a thug from Grand Theft Auto who completed an decade long hacking course and decided to start up his own business. Cool concept but the way you hack is simplistic and poop. Guess i'll keep me eye on it.In Ghost Recon: Online (during E3), I saw impressive ways in which you interacted with the Wii u Gamepad's screen to give gameplay more depth with broad potential.I thought that that was a promising begining.I dunno, Im not sure if the likes of Mario Kart U, Super Smash Bros U, Super Mario U (the Galaxy team? Great. Just bloody great...) The Legend of Zelda U will be 'it + more'.I *just still see a money-accumulating strategy from Nintendo. Simply decieve with cheap dazzle to sell their games. Fair enough, it's bread that is important, but fuck!Will we even get an F Zero U? With how things are looking, Im not even looking forward to how poor it'd probably be.But as a Nintendo fan who has not got a Wiiu, E3 better deliver. Even if I got to see my boy Reggie on stage. Iwata taking the utmost piss on stage. And Miyamoto goofing around and whistling his maid, Bill, *up on stage to fool around with him in public.Will there little thing in their booth be live streamed?When's the next Direct? Come on dudes, get to bloody work and bring details!Do you know that game by Bungie - Destiny? - will that be eventually coming to Wiiu? Is that a multiplatform game (MS, Sony etc?)Can you save clips of you owning in any game and upload it to your Miiverse wall for friends and pedestrians of the plaza to see how damn awesome you are?*If there is an awesome clip of an player on Miiverse, can you contact him, arrange a match, fuckeemup and upload to Miiverse to make the entire community wara wara who the new fucking boss is? Perhaps even photos of the scoreboards from the matches for even more heart-feasting. That could be the most coolest way to find worthy rivals and give gameplay more meaning.What can Wiiu do?Tennis games could be so good if motion got refined. Sword duels in Zelda (never gonna happen). It'd be so cool if you could do certain motions on your own command to summon a variety of things perhaps with your magic bar. The same with sealing techniques with certain sword motions at different levels which takes more magic to seal tougher enemies. You eventually shave their ass but they wont perish, "oh! Let me try sealing it when i shave its butt to a babys bottom?!...!" - it works!*Strategy!The screen should make for some genius puzzles (gamepad screen and tv).But I predict some same lame game.Please note, I usually post in hope that Nintendo reads this shit and makes to please. So please nobody take offense to this rant. In the contrary, tis constructive titticism. :laughing:Was looking to finally become a king beside the other european king. Jo King & The Fused King. One of my rivals.*To be honest, I was looking forward to hunt all you bitches down and crushing you all. Proving that you boobs only beat me on Wii since the laggy online and Shizer Mcneizer controls.Please Nintendo, deliver at E3 so I can crush N-E like how I planned years ago. Fuck.

That E3 time has come again, so of course I had to tour these N-E bits to get possessed by the hype. :DThis is the chance for*NINTENDO*to sell the*Wiiu*to me and show me that they mean serie-us business.Mario*&*Sonic*at*the*Sochi*Winter Olympics*looks, visually, to me, no different than those Wii outings, regardless of if I was watching the footage from an not-the-greatest video player.The first iteration of this game was my favourite. The other 'winter' (:P) olympic game was so poop that I forgot that a 3rd one came out. Or was the 3rd one the winter one? If so, then the 2nd wasn't at all eye-catching enough.So that's critiscm towards the visual graphics. Sorry, but not next generation enough. Nope, not expecting some real-life graphics. Just SUPER, DUPER, TRUPER enhanced visuals of this style. Think of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm and was it called 'The Last Guardian' (?) kind of 'cartoon/anime' visuals that looked so awesome. Or rather, at the begining of Mario Kart Wii intro, or even better - the intro to the 1st Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. *Wiiu should be able to provide gameplay visuals which resemble that, obviously more cartoony and Nintendoey.Stadiums should be looking so grand and overwhelming. Envirornments should be breath-taking and dreamy.Control-wise, I'll offer advice to yet again - the first iteration within this series. Basically, the waggle should be replaced with refined and accurate control inputs to make for genuine, skilled-based competition.Mix your track and field events, with your gymnastics and all those games in the first game, with some of your winter based games like skiing etc etc with optional control methods of the balance board..... Which swims me to my next point of concern - online.Skiing online with balance boards, skeeting with Wiimotes etc etc would be a sincere competition of sheer skill.National and international, similar to Mario Kart Wii. Four players per Wii could go worldwide to rape globally and spread their sperm to become fathers of this universe.Say you needed a team of four, it could be two players from one Wii teamed with two other randoms from another two individual Wii's. All this 'alone, together' would be defeated, no?*Voicechat for player communication for play tactics should be pissing mandatory!Make incredible use of Miiverse.Instead, all I'm seeing is a copy and pasted Wii game, just like New Super Luigi Crossed U.Every idiot buys it so Nintendo knows they can make millions just by selling a shit game with Mario in it. And that said game, but this time with Mario's bro.Pikmin 3 looks veeeery interesting, believe me it does. But the potential and value of Wiiu, I'm sorry Pikmin 3 doesn't live up to standards. Visuals should be looking u-mazing (within Pikmins' own art style, of course).Dont even get me started on a Mario Party for Wiiu.Now all I'm seeing to the build-up of E3 is more shit that people seem to be hyping. Im all for different kind of games and experiences, but please at an high art/human effort level (or, Nintendo/God effort level).Nintendo Land should've been a million times more, .... radical.Nintendo are assembling Sega to avenge this game industry. Assemble HVS to the alliance and make a sick ass Conduit 3. Continued story but comes across as the series reborn since it would be the 1st super high-quality one. XDFucking Sonic? I love that bastard to death but, I dunno, his games has lost that incredibleness since the megadrive days. 3D can probably work with Sonic, just need sensible human effort I suppose.Fuck Watch Dogs. Was interested at first but I dunno, looking like a thug from Grand Theft Auto who completed an decade long hacking course and decided to start up his own business. Cool concept but the way you hack is simplistic and poop. Guess i'll keep me eye on it.In Ghost Recon: Online (during E3), I saw impressive ways in which you interacted with the Wii u Gamepad's screen to give gameplay more depth with broad potential.I thought that that was a promising begining.I dunno, Im not sure if the likes of Mario Kart U, Super Smash Bros U, Super Mario U (the Galaxy team? Great. Just bloody great...) The Legend of Zelda U will be 'it + more'.I *just still see a money-accumulating strategy from Nintendo. Simply decieve with cheap dazzle to sell their games. Fair enough, it's bread that is important, but fuck!Will we even get an F Zero U? With how things are looking, Im not even looking forward to how poor it'd probably be.But as a Nintendo fan who has not got a Wiiu, E3 better deliver. Even if I got to see my boy Reggie on stage. Iwata taking the utmost piss on stage. And Miyamoto goofing around and whistling his maid, Bill, *up on stage to fool around with him in public.Will there little thing in their booth be live streamed?When's the next Direct? Come on dudes, get to bloody work and bring details!Do you know that game by Bungie - Destiny? - will that be eventually coming to Wiiu? Is that a multiplatform game (MS, Sony etc?)Can you save clips of you owning in any game and upload it to your Miiverse wall for friends and pedestrians of the plaza to see how damn awesome you are?*If there is an awesome clip of an player on Miiverse, can you contact him, arrange a match, fuckeemup and upload to Miiverse to make the entire community wara wara who the new fucking boss is? Perhaps even photos of the scoreboards from the matches for even more heart-feasting. That could be the most coolest way to find worthy rivals and give gameplay more meaning.What can Wiiu do?Tennis games could be so good if motion got refined. Sword duels in Zelda (never gonna happen). It'd be so cool if you could do certain motions on your own command to summon a variety of things perhaps with your magic bar. The same with sealing techniques with certain sword motions at different levels which takes more magic to seal tougher enemies. You eventually shave their ass but they wont perish, "oh! Let me try sealing it when i shave its butt to a babys bottom?!...!" - it works!*Strategy!The screen should make for some genius puzzles (gamepad screen and tv).But I predict some same lame game.Please note, I usually post in hope that Nintendo reads this shit and makes to please. So please nobody take offense to this rant. In the contrary, tis constructive titticism. :laughing:Was looking to finally become a king beside the other european king. Jo King & The Fused King. One of my rivals.*To be honest, I was looking forward to hunt all you bitches down and crushing you all. Proving that you boobs only beat me on Wii since the laggy online and Shizer Mcneizer controls.Please Nintendo, deliver at E3 so I can crush N-E like how I planned years ago. Fuck.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Current technolgy of certain devices isn't, it seems. Ans neither are you. If I saw that post of yours pop up on my Wiiu, I would have invited you to a friendly match. Made the march unfriendly half way through. And uploaded your death to Miiverse.

The best party game on WiiU ATM is NintendoLand, which will be added to when Game and Wario releases in July.

For some reason I totally forgot about Nintendo Land :P Which is strange as I play it whenever my friends are over! Wario might be awesome, but I don't think anything can match the hilarity of 5 player Luigi's Ghost Mansion :bouncy:

Oh my GOD. I can't wait for this, it looks amazing. If it's as good as the London Olympics then I'll be happy. Day 1 purchase for me!

Sign in to follow this