NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

@S\.C\.G do you know how to go around corners while wall running? Is it possible? There is a red coin that I'm missing on Windy Hill 3 and I have a feeling where it's at but I can't seem to wall run around a corner. :(

I blitzed the first two worlds but have went back to man all the red coins. I'm nearly done finding them and then it's off to world 3!

It's a shame Miiverse isn't up yet. The game keeps throwing connection errors up everytime a level is finished.

It's hard to explain but it is possible... I know this because there is an even trickier red star coin in the third set of stages that you have to extensively run across walls and jump between them. But basically you have to keep the momentum going so try either jumping or changing direction as you get to the corner, I can't remember exactly how I did it but it takes a little bit of practice; once you've got it down you'll be performing wall jumps etc that you never would have thought possible before in a Sonic game. :D

Also, can't believe they haven't fixed Miiverse yet, perhaps the community will only go live tomorrow, if it really annoys you then it is possible to turn Miiverse/Leaderboards/Wisp Away off - it has to be all of them - but remember that if you get a good time in time trials and have leaderboards off then it won't upload your time.

Edited by S.C.G

So can someone explain something to me about the 3DS eShop? It says that Lost World will be available on the 18th, so the minute it turns midnight, will it allow me to purchase it, or won't it be until tomorrow morning?

So can someone explain something to me about the 3DS eShop? It says that Lost World will be available on the 18th, so the minute it turns midnight, will it allow me to purchase it, or won't it be until tomorrow morning?

As previously advised by someone else, it should be live at 00:01 or around that time. :smile:

It's hard to explain but it is possible... I know this because there is an even trickier red star coin in the third set of stages that you have to extensively run across walls and jump between them. But basically you have to keep the momentum going so try either jumping or changing direction as you get to the corner, I can't remember exactly how I did it but it takes a little bit of practice; once you've got it down you'll be performing wall jumps etc that you never would have thought possible before in a Sonic game. :D

Also, can't believe they haven't fixed Miiverse yet, perhaps the community will only go live tomorrow, if it really annoys you then it is possible to turn Miiverse/Leaderboards/Wisp Away off - it has to be all of them - but remember that if you get a good time in time trials and have leaderboards off then it won't upload your time.

Cheers.

I can wall run and jump between walls fine but I just can't go around a corner.

I've hit another snag on Windy Hill 4. There is a red coin obtained by creating a portal with the Wisp, problem is that once in the portal I can't reach the thing. When in Wisp form my jump isn't high enough. I've tried holding jump down, floating and nothing works. Doesn't help that it is controlled by motion controls. Developers, let me use normal control schemes!!!

Ok cool, that means 1:01 for me since I'm a British expat living in France. Good thing I have a day off home school tomorrow, the download will probably take about an hour and then I'll have a go at a couple of levels before turning in for the night. Then the Wii U version will come in the post tomorrow :D

I've hit another snag on Windy Hill 4. There is a red coin obtained by creating a portal with the Wisp, problem is that once in the portal I can't reach the thing. When in Wisp form my jump isn't high enough. I've tried holding jump down, floating and nothing works. Doesn't help that it is controlled by motion controls. Developers, let me use normal control schemes!!!

Is it the asteroid one? If so, you need to absorb stuff to jump higher. Also, controls for that wisp are bad with a circle pad (on the 3DS version).

Is it the asteroid one? If so, you need to absorb stuff to jump higher. Also, controls for that wisp are bad with a circle pad (on the 3DS version).

Yeah, that's the one. I've absorbed everything within the portal. Maybe I can try absorbing a load of stuff before entering. Cheers, I will give it a shot.

I got this yesterday - the first 3D Sonic I've really ever put any time into, and aside from a few control problems (particularly in 2D - I guess I'm just used to the always perfect Mario controls), I'm happy to say that I'm really enjoying it. It feels just so fresh, and certainly different enough from Galaxy to stand on its own. Future Sonic games should certainly go down this route.

Just nabbed another Chaos Emerald but still can't find a way to get the 2 missing red coins on the first world. Weird how I've done the 2nd and 3rd worlds with no issue and yet the 1st world is giving me problems. :)

I just unlocked the secret zone in the Tropical Coast world. It was a really weird level but fun to play. It had a great tune on it as well.

Off to the 4th world now. I may call it a day after this one. At the rate Im going I could probably finish it in one sitting.

@S\.C\.G there's 8 worlds, right?

Hey Cube, about the 3DS version, do the Zeti talk in stages like in the Wii U version?

One has a few lines in one stage.

@S\.C\.G there's 8 worlds, right?

7 main worlds... ;)

Bloody hell this game is good sonic has finnaly returned in style , I can't help but think nintendo had a hand in this somewhere .

Man, that snowball/monkeyball level!! RAAAAAGGGE!!!
Hello.

Now that sounds interesting. :)

I'm definitely interested in this game, but just can't see when I'm gonna get the chance to play it. :hmm:

Will probably end up leaving it leaving it until next year now.

Always good to have something on the to-buy list though, as an anti-drought game. :D

Anyhoo, keep those impressions coming people. : peace:

The music for Tropical Zone 3 is amazing :D Getting the hang of the parkour system too though I still find wall jumping incredibly awkward compared to past Sonic games and Mario games.

Quite the range of review scores. Still some of the previews I've seen are the mirror opposites of reviews.

Seems like it's a love it or hate it game. Doesn't seem to be many average scores, just high or low.