NEurope
D_prOdigy

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

1368802166-sonic-lost-world.jpg

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The next title in SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog franchise will be exclusive to Nintendo’s Wii U home console and Nintendo 3DS portable system. Nintendo Global President Satoru Iwata announced the details of a new partnership with SEGA during a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today. Sonic Lost World is a new action platforming game, and more information about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show begins on June 11.

The Nintendo Direct also announced Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Wii U, and revealed that additional SEGA Game Gear games would be coming to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS. Outside of SEGA news, Nintendo announced that select Wii U games featured at E3 2013 will soon be playable at participating Best Buy stores, the launch date for New Super Luigi U, new Pikmin 3 game details and additional information about a variety of previously announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.

“The onetime rivalry between Mario and Sonic has grown into a friendship that has never been closer,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “These announcements in conjunction with SEGA demonstrate the commitment we have to bringing great games to the Wii U platform, and set the stage for our upcoming announcements at E3.”

This will be one of three Nintendo-exclusive Sonic titles to be released as part of a new partnership deal. Mario & Sonic 2014 is one other, whilst the third remains a mystery.

Gotta go fast.

Edited by D_prOdigy

I fuckin love me some 3d Sonic.

I cannot wait.

And I love the look of that planet! Jungle world - check. Desert world - check. Lava world - check. Ice world - OH GOD YES CHECK!! Watery world - check.

I'm excited people. Very very excited.

It's of note, I think, that Sega has been interested in spherical game worlds at least since Sonic 3 (ie. that game's Bonus Stage). I wonder if you'll be able to traverse the entire game world in this without turning round?

That artwork is giving me a slight Laputa vibe - definitely a good thing! I wonder if this also suggests an ultimately expandable world map via DLC.

Funny, it wasn't the spherical world that got me intrigued, but the fact that it is made of hexagons. I like the vibe I'm getting from that style, keep it up, Sega!

If Nintendo is actually co-developing the game then I'd be excited. Otherwise... :zzz:

Sonic colours was good, i also liked Sonic and the Secret rings so im looking forward to this game too. You can argue that the 2d games are the best but the 3d games on Nintendo machines have been pretty good too, unlike the games on the other machines...

Apart from colours I enjoyed SA2:B on the GC. The others were wank. Nothing, however beats the Mega Drive classics

unlike the games on the other machines...

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations were all great games - with Generations being the most refined 3D Sonic experience so far.

From the picture it seems a lot like Sonic Unleashed, just without the werewolf stuff and based on Sonic type zones and not real countries.

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations were all great games - with Generations being the most refined 3D Sonic experience so far.

Adventure was fine, Generations was great until it switched from the old games to the new ones and the other two i was never able to enjoy. I guess its more a matter of taste but to me the best Sonic games in the last 10 years have been on Nintendo hardware.

Like @Aneres11 I love me some sonic games!

So yeah, I'm excited!!

And it's also pretty cool that this is exclusive. :) Although I would imagine the other consoles will get a sonic game as well at some point as what has been happening this gen.

SEGA:

"Six will rise from the Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th."

166003_10151664870501796_251977729_n.jpg

If you ask me, each one of these characters will play a role on each "World". Sounds intriguing, but of course, it's just a theory.

All SEGA have to do is make another game as great as Colours and I'm there. Do eet, SEGA. Do eeet naaaw.

If you ask me, each one of these characters will play a role on each "World". Sounds intriguing, but of course, it's just a theory.

I think Sherlock's job's safe for a while yet! :p

I should've been more specific :heh: I meant a gameplay role. Like the wisps, but not exactly a power up, more permanent than that. Like affecting gameplay for entire chunks in certain levels (think the Balloon level in Super Mario World. Tubular, right?)