NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Batman: Arkham Origins

Didn't see a thread for this in here, but seeing as the teaser trailer was released today, supposed we'd best start a 360/PS3/PC discussion.

Depends if everyone feel the Wii U thread will be enough? Seems people are more open to it lately, which is good of course.

Depends if everyone feel the Wii U thread will be enough? Seems people are more open to it lately, which is good of course.

I doubt it, the Nintendo parts of the forum arent always the most warm and welcoming. I only venture in there now if I wanna read something 3DS related.

I doubt it, the Nintendo parts of the forum arent always the most warm and welcoming. I only venture in there now if I wanna read something 3DS related.

same don't you talk ill of Nintendo EVER.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be better than City. Really wasn't a fan. Maybe a new developer will help this feel a little fresher.

Well this is an insanely awesome cinematic. Shame WB can't get their movies up to the same fucking quality.

It's great that WB/DC are getting their videogame-verse in order. Rocksteady on a Justice League game for next year, I reckon.

Conroy tweeted trying to clear up the confusion from the past few days on what game he is working on. Looks like he's already deleted the tweet though.

1369079119.jpg&w=300

Conroy tweeted trying to clear up the confusion from the past few days on what game he is working on. Looks like he's already deleted the tweet though.[M]http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/thumbnail.php?file=/assets/images/articles/1369079119.jpg&w=300[/img]

I did.wonder.now it's been confirmed the guy who did ezio along with the bloke you who did Booker from Bioshock are Batman and Joker.

So Arkham Origins is presumably filler till next gen Rocksteady title.

So think this looks good and everything. They've changed some parts of combat, enemies can no counter Batman instead. There is a skill tree.

I do wonder is the handing out to a secondary studio (with Rocksteady obviously working on another due to Conroy's gaffe) means that Arkham is going to become a yearly franchise aka COD and Assassin's Creed?

NEW DETECTIVE MODE:

Starts at about 10 mins on here! Looks rad!

Edited by flameboy

Detective mode is becoming more like a bloody magic power in each iteration. Would be nice if you could do some actual detective work not view the solution in some kind of super-AI render. It's like CSI enhance, the even-extremer version.

Edited by Shorty

I really like the look of this.

For some reason the story and setting are resonating much more with me than the other two games, which I'm still yet to play. But I think there's a strong chance I'll get this one.

Looking good, and the play area is twice the size of Arkham City. Me like.

I still love the settings from the previous two but I'm looking forward to being able to swing around a Gotham that isnt all run down and destroyed. Plus having random crimes happening will help keep things interesting after the story ends. The ones in the open world Spider-Man games werent great but they certainly gave me something to do while I was just swinging round the city.

Detective mode looks so much better this time around. It looks like you actually have to do a little work this time as opposed to just holding a button down to figure things out. Love how you can rewind and fast forward a situation to try and pin point evidence.

Probably my GOTY.

Looks great. But it looks like Batman has shrunk and become wider. He also seems more brutal. I like that.

Holy shit.

Man if any game is gonna keep me off of the next gen consoles this fall its this game.

Meh, I doubt I will be touching that part of the game.

Oh I'll be touching it....touching every inch of it.

I've wanted a mode like this since the first game. And no Wii U version.

That looks great! What a cool spin for multiplayer. Easy to pull together 1 or 2 teammates and co-ordinate with each other.

Probably won't bother with this part of the game. Didn't look that good (and I don't have Gold).

Sign in to follow this