NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

Face transplants

It could be a bit strange seeing the face of someone you know is dead attatched to someone who happens to be out doing a bit of shopping.

I think it says that the face more or less takes on the shape of the persons bone structure

they'd also have to take rejection drugs for their whole life....u can only imagine the damge that would do to your body :eer:

It could be a bit strange seeing the face of someone you know is dead attatched to someone who happens to be out doing a bit of shopping.

That would really affect someone psychologically. I guess it's really no different than having a new liver or kidney donated by someone else. But, i dunno. There are too many issues with this. :hmm:

From a physcological perspective, it might totally freak the patients and their familyout. Afterall, they would have a totally different face. However, if they had thei face mangled up in a car accident say, perhaps they would wnt any new face possible. It wont exactly replicate the donor's face due to the different skeletal and muscular scructures..

I think the procedure would work, its been tested. It'll be interesting seeing how this ends up..

Eww, I don't like the sound of that. Imagine walking around with dead skin on your face even if the skin is not disintingrating. (sp) Wouldn't it go manky after a while. No, don't like the sound of that at all.

Eww, I don't like the sound of that. Imagine walking around with dead skin on your face even if the skin is not disintingrating. (sp) Wouldn't it go manky after a while. No, don't like the sound of that at all.

Its living.

Otherwise what would be the point in the prodedure at all?

Wouldn't they kind of make it become part of their body, so it gets all there blood etc. Or something along the lines.

Still, it sounds kind of wierd.

Wow. I never thought something like this would ever happen. I mean, it somebody elses face. When you look in the mirror you would see a different person.

I wouldn't mind having a donor card (i don't have one though, to much hasle) but i wouldn't want people to touch my face :o

All skin that is visible on your body is dead anyway.

Yeah, but the stuff underneath isn't, and that's what would rot if the body rejected it.

Yeah, but the stuff underneath isn't, and that's what would rot if the body rejected it.

Yea - but thats where the skill lies, getting the right dose of drugs to prevent the body rejecting it. Thats where the skill lies during all transplant operations, like heart, kidneys and liver...etc. The body would try and reject it quickly - if it wasnt for the high amount of drugs the patient has to consume for a good deal of hes life - after the operation.

It sounds pretty dodgy at the moment, best wait for a few months/years till it's perfected. It doesn't sound very attractive, but then again, my face isn't disfigured....unnaturally that is :P

hmm faceoff could become a reality lol.

I dont like idea that deadly criminals and such could be able to change their face wenever they wanted to remain uncaptured

that sounds crazy. like it says in the article many questions must be answered before they go ahead with it. psychologically it would screw you up but then again if you have a severly disfigured face u wud be happy to have a face that isn't disfigured.

shotgun on princess diana

!

I'm sure the tunnel wall and car left quite enough of an impression without you making it even worse.

• Like 1

I'm sure the tunnel wall and car left quite enough of an impression without you making it even worse.

The eight years rotting underground won't have done much good either.

Sign in to follow this