NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2013 - 27th July!

I think it was Tumblr last year.

I going totally lost in the pissing rain 2 years ago. No idea where I was going and then the venue was moved.

Yeah that was a bit bad, but that's why we've got a contingency...!

Just checking the weather for the day, i know it's early but we may wish to look at the alternative to the park as it's looking to be stormy on and off over that weekend. Thats on BBC, Metoffice and other sources. I know it's early at the moment, it probably will change.

Still should be an epic weekend none the less.

My plan at the moment, i'm staying in a hotel just down the road from the hostel. So i should be able to save us a lot of time by doing all the checking in as such before meeting up on the Saturday. I plan to arrive wherever we may be at 10am/11am on the Saturday. I'll be in London on the Friday from midday. I'll post a number up for anyone on the Thursday before i leave.

Bringing me to this! There's somewhere in the spoiler tags in the first post, I prosed a Sam Smiths(cheapish for London, espesh if we're doing a day) called The Red Lion on Kingly Street, got a nice upstairs bit that if we're lucky we can nab a large space as a group. It's like 5minsish away from Oxford Circus station iirc.

(I can't do so much on the mobiles theme which I rock at work, I'll double check all the shiznit's right in the post and also just make another with it all so folks can see...looks like I accidentally cut some stuff when post trimming)

Wish i had been around more this last year, i would have liked to come but dont like that awkwardness of meeting new people lmfao.

Pfft, I've known half the people on here longer than some of my current friends! Not new people at all...just in the flesh. Especially ReZ.

Edited by Rummy

May swing by for a bit to goad you all into drinking far more than is sensible.

Hmm, turns out all the plans are still here I think @Jimbob?

In case of rain;

Here are two quick pictures I took of le place;

Up the stairs and to the left;

IMG_1209.jpg

Turn yourself around

IMG_1210.jpg

Quite spacey! It's the Red Lion, on Kingly street(parallel to Carnaby), quite close to Oxford Circus tube(~5min walk if that), and for the otherwise keen eyed of you, not too far from Trocadero either(does anyone know what's going on with that??) It's dead. I have no idea what is happening with Trocadero these days.

This is of course, only a rainy day plan, otherwise it's business as usual in the park of hyde! Here's some maps for location and distance from the park(probs a ten minute walk, but there wasn't much good/close by in the way of sam smiths),

redlionsamsmith.png

Relative to Hyde Park;

redlionsamsmith2.png

If anyone has any major objections feel free to air them, but remember we can't be too moving abouty with people joining us slowly as the day goes on. Feeling a bit gutted it's sposed to be wank weather that weekend but not a lot we can do about it :(

Eh you never know, it might be fine.

however, I'd be pretty appreciative if people didn't move around too move. I don't know London at all and its a struggle even to do the underground.

However, I'm still up for this! Thankfully I get paid the day before ^_^

I would suggest that if it is decided upon to go to the pub instead, that EVERYONE texts EVERYONE who they know is going to the meet with simply "PLAN B" so its nice and easy and everyone gets the message.

Also....I just (literally 10 minutes ago) purchased a new phone. If I have a different number I'll let you all know here and by text too.

I would suggest that if it is decided upon to go to the pub instead, that EVERYONE texts EVERYONE who they know is going to the meet with simply "PLAN B" so its nice and easy and everyone gets the message.

Also....I just (literally 10 minutes ago) purchased a new phone. If I have a different number I'll let you all know here and by text too.

Well, the key idea of the Plan B was that it's posted here(as above) that people know to attend to it in the event of rain!

Plan B, in event of rain:

Head to The Red Lion on Kingly Street(Oxford Circus closest tube). If you're first to arrive and by yourself, nab a huge table upstairs. If not; Grab a drink. Head upstairs.

We saw what happened at the rainy meet without a solid plan B. I designed this one in case of the same last year - now you're all free to discuss what to do in case of rain - but me? I'm sticking with Plan B.

(not the rapper)

(also a contact number for me will be posted in this thread on Monday. There's a small possibility I'll forget that phone and not be available on it, in such case I'll post another number in the thread on the Saturday itself)

Edited by Rummy

At least this time we've got a plan B. There is no way the fiasco of the last wet meet will occur again, that was terrible. I'm more than happy with the "B" plan, got no issues with it.

Luckly for me, i've been on scrimp mode all month so got some sufficient funds.

i dont mean to stick my nose in (wait... i kinda do...) but assuming everyone has a mobile phone from this century why not just create a twitter hashtag and have that as your big live feed for updates and changes in plan....... ::shrug:

apologies if this has already been suggested i can't be bothered to read through the thread :)

I might arrange something in London with some friends so then I can come over say hi, howdy and hello and then head off.

Community reference?

i dont mean to stick my nose in (wait... i kinda do...) but assuming everyone has a mobile phone from this century why not just create a twitter hashtag and have that as your big live feed for updates and changes in plan....... ::shrug:

apologies if this has already been suggested i can't be bothered to read through the thread :)

Because I'm not on twitter *feeling totally uncool* :cry:

Any chance to get my phone number in the public domain and I'll take it. Good things happen, in my experience. :p

May swing by for a bit to goad you all into drinking far more than is sensible.

Pft, I need no such goading.

Eh you never know, it might be fine.

Last year they said it'd rain until 3 o'clock as late as on the day itself.

We all ended up with quite severe sunburn. :heh:

Who knows. This year, just in case i'll bring some sunscreen and aftersun.

This is no joke :shakehead

I think I'll try to prepare for all weathers this time round, including snow!

If we have this weather in a week, the Meet is going to be uh-MAZING. And we'll need a bucket-load of sunscreen.

I really hope the weather is good!

I have got a couple of things sorted/planned. Namely, as mentioned the Pokemafia. Going to do one more thing which might be a bit of fun. I'll be bringing Balderdash for the evening entertainment, and I am going to try and think of a few more bits.

CHARGE YOUR CAMERAS SLAGS.

I'll put this up now to give advance notice.

@ReZourceman, @Goafer, @Dannyboy-the-Dane, @Cube, @The Peeps, @MoogleViper

The plan at the moment is for me to do the checking in at the hostel around 10am. If anyone needs to drop off bags or stuff, then an opportunity is available around 10am. My number for anyone who needs it is enclosed. As for payment for the hostel, i'll leave it upto you guys. Either wired over or cash on the day, either is fine with me.

Then i plan on heading up to meet up either at the pub or the park (depending on the weather) to enjoy the day and have fun.

Thanks for sorting that out Jimbob :)

I'll pop my number up nearer the day but I know a couple of you have it already anyway, just in case I forget!

Right, my contact numerals for anyone that needs is

07763 960 933.

I'll also be checking here/facebook on phone etc, but a text/call to the above is probably the best way to get me.

That reminds me, time to find the spare battery and memory cards i have somewhere for the cameras. Will be taking many photos and videos much the same as last year.

Edit: There is still 1 space left if anyone wants it, if it's not taken i'll cover the costs for the extra bed so no need to worry about the extra everyone.

Edited by Jimbob