NEurope
bob

So, i did it anyway....

And all went well:

qtmXq.gif

7Bkc2.gif

lQ9Ln.gif

07oaROF.jpg

Turns out she was still pretty surprised when it happened, so it's all good. Did it at the top of the Sacre Coeur, although it wasn't that planned. Ended up climbing all the way to the top and finding ourselves alone for a few seconds, so i went for it.

But I thought... we were... and you said... but...but...

I'm happy for you, but I just can't help thinking what might have been between you and I. :(

(Congratulations, man, it's a tough job well done!)

"Did it anyway" back story for those of us less in the know?

Congrats! :)

Ah, got the job done at last.

So where have you hidden the body?

Congrats! Glad it still was a bit of a surprise, and the Sacre Coeur is beautiful so it's a great place to pop the question. =)

"Did it anyway" back story for those of us less in the know?

Congrats! :)

Ah yes, well basically this.

Thanks guys and girls for the congratulations!

Congratulations Bob!

Love the pic, you look more surprised! :D

Edit: just seen the backstory. This makes it more special. :)

Edited by tapedeck

Ah yes, well basically this.

Thanks guys and girls for the congratulations!

Ah man a similar thing happened to me, not quite as bad but we were going to Venice, and girlfriend's colleagues kept saying things like "ooh romantic city - I wonder if he'll propose". Even my Mum turned to me, in front of my g/f, and said "so, are you going to propose in Venice??"

Obviously these people all thought they were so fucking clever for thinking up this idea and didn't consider how they might actually ruin everything. People are stupid.

Glad it worked out for you despite that! :) Now look forward to "so when's the wedding?" every day until the invites go out.

Ah man a similar thing happened to me, not quite as bad but we were going to Venice, and girlfriend's colleagues kept saying things like "ooh romantic city - I wonder if he'll propose". Even my Mum turned to me, in front of my g/f, and said "so, are you going to propose in Venice??"

Obviously these people all thought they were so fucking clever for thinking up this idea and didn't consider how they might actually ruin everything. People are stupid.

Exactly! Well never mind, it's over with and all the people who guessed correctly can pat themselves on the back or give themselves the prize they were expecting or whatever.

Glad it worked out for you despite that! :) Now look forward to "so when's the wedding?" every day until the invites go out.

We are not even going to start to plan the wedding for another year or two so it's going to be hard work.....

Congratulations!

Considering how long it took you to propose, I expect this'll be a long engagement?

Congratulations!

Considering how long it took you to propose, I expect this'll be a long engagement?

I am definitely not in a hurry, no.

We spent a frantic night last night trying to make sure all our family knew before we put it on Facebook/told our friends as we didn't want any of them to find out second hand.

Unfortunately i had chosen a weekend when my dad was in Senegal, her dad was in China, my sister was in Germany and her mum was in Turkey. Took ages!