NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Towards Hype and Hyperboles

chokusetsu.gif

Fellow N-Europers,

Iwata won't attend :hmm:

Let's hope we will see him in the N-Direct.

Since we know that NINTENDO's E3 will be all over the place this year and since we also know quite a lot of the juicy content that will be there, I guess it is up to us to predict any further surprises and of course in what way the awesomeness that is Smash Brothers will reach us.

So, aside from the following:

WiiU

Mario's 'Universe'

Mario Kart

Yarn Yoshi

Super Smash Bros. 4

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

X

WiiU Party/board game

The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker ReMastered WiiU Edition

The Legend of Zelda: All New Awesomenes

The Wonderful 101

Bayonetta 2

3DS

Mario&Luigi: Dream Team

Mario Golf: World Tour

Pokémon X/Y

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2

Bravery Default: Flying Fairy

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Yoshi's Island 3DS

Mario Party 3DS

What other big surprises will NINTENDO be throwing at us?

What is Retro Studios working on?

What is that mysterieus 'other'project of Next Level Games?

What is Monolith Soft making for the 3DS?

Will there be some Advance Wars love?

Will there be NEW, BIG franchises or will we get to see Miyamoto's passionate love-babies?

Will the rest of the industry announce interesting games for the WiiU?

What are Capcom and Sega up to?

Will Iwata look us all in the eyes and say: 'Pikmin 3, it's the starting point. After that, ....the world!'

WHERE THE FUCK IS F-ZERO!

Anway, .... drop a comment, a GIF and some hyperboles and don't be shy to utter a few predictions while you're at it:bouncy:

Edited by Fused King

Retro's new game will be Mario Kart Wii U - cue the cries of 100,000 fanboys in unison. Mark my words!

Oh and we'll get a Bayonetta 2 trailer right after the SSB4 one... which will end with her walking into a Smash Bros arena as A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!! :D

Retro's new game will be Mario Kart Wii U - cue the cries of 100,000 fanboys in unison. Mark my words!

Oh and we'll get a Bayonetta 2 trailer right after the SSB4 one... which will end with her walking into a Smash Bros arena as A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!! :D

Did you steal that Bayonetta thing off Gaf? :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I feel lame for saying this, but finally getting through 100% on NSMBU, so be very interested to see what the luigi add on includes/costs. Almost bored myself saying saying that.

Anyway in terms of GENUINE EXCITEMENT, a slew of new N64 VC announcements. And then an earth shattering GameCube VC starting with Wave Race Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars RS: Rogue Leader; original cube launch titles, now launching a VC new era!

I also do think they might slip a new franchise in somewhere too, perhaps just as an eshop title or something, but something they will build on for the future, which may include micro transactions. Where was I? HYPE!!! :D

Really can't wait to see what they bring and, frankly, if the ND format and then getting journos hands on with the games works as well as I think it could :)

Zelda Wii U is a long way off, they're not going to show anything at E3. Mostly because it's too early but also because it would completely remove any buzz for Wind Waker HD.

As a purely off the top of my head crazy idea, Next Level Games new project announced to be a Wii U Mario Strikers game :grin:

I feel lame for saying this, but finally getting through 100% on NSMBU, so be very interested to see what the luigi add on includes/costs. Almost bored myself saying saying that.

Anyway in terms of GENUINE EXCITEMENT, a slew of new N64 VC announcements. And then an earth shattering GameCube VC starting with Wave Race Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion and Star Wars RS: Rogue Leader; original cube launch titles, now launching a VC new era!

I also do think they might slip a new franchise in somewhere too, perhaps just as an eshop title or something, but something they will build on for the future, which may include micro transactions. Where was I? HYPE!!! :D

Really can't wait to see what they bring and, frankly, if the ND format and then getting journos hands on with the games works as well as I think it could :)

YES PLEASE!

I like Iwata! He truly has the Nintendo spirit! Luigi hats... haha. so funny! Fruits! Pikmin! And the fact he has made games, he didn't just come from the university with a degree!

This must be like the greatest E3 ever! All this content, people are going to go insane haha!

I would be REALLY surprised if they show a new game from Skip Ltd. , I love those guys. A new chibi robo would be wonderfull, but a totally new title from them would really rock :p

ちょくせつ! :heh:

chokusetsu.gif

Kinda looks like Iawata is jerking off the hulk there....cannot.be.unseen

picture

Its just not E3 without a @RedShell gif.

WiiU

Mario's 'Universe'

Mario Kart

Yarn Yoshi

Super Smash Bros. 4

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

X

WiiU Party/board game

The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker ReMastered WiiU Edition

The Legend of Zelda: All New Awesomenes

The Wonderful 101

Bayonetta 2

3DS

Mario&Luigi: Dream Team

Mario Golf: World Tour

Pokémon X/Y

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2

Bravery Default: Flying Fairy

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Yoshi's Island 3DS

Are we really expecting more..? Because that looks like a cracking E3 lineup to me.

As a purely off the top of my head crazy idea, Next Level Games new project announced to be a Wii U Mario Strikers game :grin:

Yes please! The Wii game is one of the most underrated multiplayer games ever! Would love a sequel! :D

Speaking of sequels, it's about time we heard about a Kirby game for Wii U or 3DS no? HAL has been really quiet for the last 2 years, having only worked on very small projects like the Kirby Dream Collection and the Wii U web browser (assuming that all of their remaining staff arent all working on Yoshi's Island 3DS, but I doubt it. They're a pretty big studio and can handle working on multiple projects at once)

Edited by Dcubed

I wonder if we will finally get to know at least what all that fruit-staring was about!

I think th eonly new game announced fo this year will be retros, though a bit of me feels Wii Sports U is kind of vital to really dominate christmas.

Personally, out of all the games I'd love to see. Wave Race Wii U would be my number one. Gamecube one is so unbelievable good it makes me cry just thinking about it!! I would be so happy for another one this year.

I expect to see an Endless Ocean game somewhere in the WiiU's lifetime.

It is an absolute perfect fit for the U-Pad!

But of course, leave it to NINTENDO to not notice this:laughing:

Agree with @dazzybee actually, after posting last night I though about NST, and how instead of VC releases, imagine getting a new Wave Race and/or 1080! Time for Riiiiccckyyyy Winterborn to save the Wii U ;)

I also really would love a new final fantasy tactics advance game for the 3DS, meh keep dreaming haha

I expect to see an Endless Ocean game somewhere in the WiiU's lifetime.

It is an absolute perfect fit for the U-Pad!

But of course, leave it to NINTENDO to not notice this:laughing:

Arika have been pretty much silent for the last couple of years so it's actually quite possible that we'll see a new Endless Ocean game for Wii U this year!

Personally though, I'm hoping that we see some new 3D Classics games from them sometime soonish...

Well, to be honest, yeah.

I think that Retro have potential to do so much more.

me+gugusta.jpg

I'm yet again going to point this out: Nintendo NEED to pump out a competitor to Gran Turismo.

Also, I'd love to see the rumors of GTA 5 for Wii U materialise. Or perhaps Retro Studios could be working on an equivelant? I would like for Retro to be given the GTA license, in a similar fashion to how Silicon Knights were given the Metal Gear license, and develop a GTA game taking place in Vice City, with all the cool features in GTA 5.

In general, I'd say that I want to see Nintendo displaying a mix of essentials (3D Mario, Wii U Zelda), some long missing franchises (Pilotwings "we nuked wuhu island and killed all the Miis edition", Excitebike, Starfox, 1080, Waverace etc) and some new IP's. And of course, each multi platform title that doesen't end up on the Wii U needs to be countered with a similar exclusive title.

@dazzybee and I were only yesterday discussing WaveRace and 1080. I'd welcome both - and a fleshed out skydiving game too. Time for NST to start doing some work!

Agree with @dazzybee actually, after posting last night I though about NST, and how instead of VC releases, imagine getting a new Wave Race and/or 1080! Time for Riiiiccckyyyy Winterborn to save the Wii U ;)

I would kill for a new Wave Race, the N64 original is still one of my favourite games (i even own the Japanese only Shindou Wave Race with rumble pack compatibility and a remastered soundtrack) though i wasnt as keen on the Gamecube one. Give me another one and i can die happy ^_^

I think that no matter what Retro is making (Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Mario Kart, New IP) there will still be outcries.

I very much hope they are working on something new, but at the same time I would really like to see what they could do with an existing property other than Metroid.

I think they're under enormous pressure because of their succes in reinventing the Metroid series and, in a way, bringing back DKC (albeit in a specific way). I don't think Retro Studios is the kind of developer's studio that should be working on a side-scroller, although it might be nice for them to try out different genres.

If that is the case, then I say let them take on F-Zero!

It's been a while (for Nintendo) since we had a 3DS redesign...

My predictions:

What other big surprises will NINTENDO be throwing at us?

Reveals of Fatal Frame 5 and maybe even an HD remake of Fatal Frame 4 on the Wii U both with Western Releases... prolly not a "big surprise" for many but it would be AWESOME for me :D I GamePads "Panorama view" feature thing is just made for Fatal Frame games to be used as the camera obscura!

What is Retro Studios working on?

As I've said in the "Shadow of the Eternals" thread I would LOVE it of Retro were working on a proper "Eternal Darkness 2"... hopefully someone will catch a video of Dennis Dyacks reaction when he finds out Nintendo have just killed his "Spiritual Successor" idea.

What is that mysterieus 'other'project of Next Level Games?

I'm hoping for either or both of Wave Race and 1080 :D

What is Monolith Soft making for the 3DS?

Xenoblade 3DS game based between the Wii game and the Wii U game :heh:

Will there be NEW, BIG franchises or will we get to see Miyamoto's passionate love-babies?

Miyamoto's first "Ero" game :shakehead

Will the rest of the industry announce interesting games for the WiiU?

Hopefully everyone will.... well eveyone expect EA most likely :heh:

What are Capcom and Sega up to?

Capcom - Hopefully a follow up to Resident Evil: Revelations and sticking to the horror/tension of that game and not going MOAR ACTION as they have been doing with the main games :(

Sega - Probably Sonic

'

WHERE THE FUCK IS F-ZERO!

If I'm worng about either Retro and Next Level on my above preditcions one of them will be working on F-Zero.