NEurope
Mokong

50 Ways to live Life to the Full...according to The Mirror

Was listening to the raido and they were talking bout this list The Mirror posted on their website.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/50-ways-live-life-full-1875014

Thought would be good laugh to post here and see how many things we could tick off here for different peeps

Here's the list

1. Stop worrying about money - Nope, always worring about money :heh:

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - Done, don't give a toss what others think :D

3. Take two holidays a year - Inside a calender year no, but I did take a Holiday in a May of one year and then January of the next if that counts?

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - Not sure what this one means?

5. Experience different cultures - I grew up in different cultures :p

6. Work to live rather than live to work - Work is all bout the money so that prolly be a no at the mo

7. Pay off all debts - Don't have any...for now...so done I guess?

8. Be true to yourself - I am ME :D

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - But I always want more :heh:

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - Meh...half and half

11. Make time for family and friends - Done

12. Try all types of food - All types.... except seafood...makes me sick

13. Find true love- DONE :D

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - only 7 so far (if Northern Ireland counts as "foreign" then 8)

15. Go outside more - But I want to play my video games :(

16. Learn a new language - Learnt Irish (in school) so I'm saying Done

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - Think I am...Done

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - Done

19. Lose a stone in weight - I'd prolly have to put on a stone first then lose it...don't think it would be healthy for me to lose it as is now

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - Death is all around us....erm... done? :heh:

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - But I don't live there?

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Nope

23. Volunteer for a good cause - Does trying to raise money for the local football team I played for count? If so, done :)

24. Take up a challenge - Bit vague? But I'll say done.

25. Go on safari - Not done...on the list

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - If new console launch day counts then DONE :D

27. Learn a new instrument - I "tried" to learn guitar... I failed :(

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - 3 years in 17 to go :heh:

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - erm.... still focusing on having enough left for my son to enjoy

30. Start a family - DONE :D

31. Earn more than your age - Not sure what this means?

32. Have a pet - Had a pet? So...Done

33. Drive a really fast car - I pretend my car is really fast :heh:

34. Travel alone - DONE

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - Work in progress...

36. Meet strangers - Bit Vague, not sure what it means.... like planning to meet a stranger or meeting someone at a party you've never met before? Surely this one is impossible to have not done unless you've been a total shut in

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - Not really unfamiliar ...so not done

38. Have a one night stand - no :(

39. Pass your driving test - Car and Motorbike, DONE

40. Get a degree - Nope

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - no

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - no

43. Get a promotion - no

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - come back to me in 11 years

45. Have an all-night drinking session - Done done done :heh:

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Karaoke count?

47. Snog a stranger - DONE :D Total stranger, on school tour in Paris when I was 14, we were by Notre Dame, me and my mates were walking round, passed a group of French girls (prolly on lunch break) who started following us...few mins later was snogging one of them... not really sure how that happened :heh:

48. Plan a surprise party - Nope

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - not yet

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - Done, cousins kids and my sisters son :D

Edited by Mokong

1. Stop worrying about money = Will Never happen, I constantly worry about money.

2. Stop worrying about what other people think = I dont worry about that. see above.

3. Take two holidays a year = have been for past 6 years, trying to keep it up

4. Enjoy little comforts in life = can't really define a little comfort? My slippers are awesome!

5. Experience different cultures = Done, Mauritius but not the tourist side is an awesome experience.

6. Work to live rather than live to work = I do work to live, i work for weekends.

7. Pay off all debts = Mortgage is a tall order to pay off, only had it a year.

8. Be true to yourself = Wha?

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have = "I'm Never satisfied!"

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day = Do this.

11. Make time for family and friends = Always do.

12. Try all types of food = I'll try most things once, often twice.

13. Find true love = Done

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries = Dang I've only done 8.

15. Go outside more = Weather depending.

16. Learn a new language = Not enough hours in the day,

17. Be well thought of by family and friends = I think I am

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it = I have done.

19. Lose a stone in weight = I have done

20. Treat each day like it’s your last = If I did this i'd be robbing shops every day.

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks = I'd love to but wont.

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday = Have done.

23. Volunteer for a good cause = Have done.

24. Take up a challenge = Have done.

25. Go on safari = On the list.

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can = Have done.

27. Learn a new instrument = Have done.

28. Be married for longer than 20 years = Not married yet.

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy = Will try

30. Start a family = One Day

31. Earn more than your age = Already earn more than my age.

32. Have a pet = I have an awesome cat :)

33. Drive a really fast car = Driven an Audi R8

34. Travel alone = Have done.

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow = Need kids first.

36. Meet strangers = Have done.

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place = Nah not done.

38. Have a one night stand = Have done.

39. Pass your driving test = Have done.

40. Get a degree = Missed this part of my life out.

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while = havent done.

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you = Haven't done

43. Get a promotion = Have done (x4)

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 = Don't think I can go higher in my job title.

45. Have an all-night drinking session = Have done.

46. Perform something on stage in front of others = Karaoke is about it.

47. Snog a stranger = Have done.

48. Plan a surprise party = Not done.

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping = Driving the Audi R8 was pretty awesome.

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours = Spend time with my brother, sister & brother in law's children.

@Mokong X\-C I think the your age is your wage thing, is literally that. your annual wage should match or be higher than your age.

Edited by Murr

Some of these are pretty easy. But its lovely to read.

1. Stop worrying about money - I do! Much less than I used to anyway and spend way more money and get nice things :).

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - Still not 100%. But I now realise that people are constantly talking about me (badly) and lighten up a little

3. Take two holidays a year - Two this year! Malta and Thailand, I've not had any beach holidays since I was 15..whoops!

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - I do regularly, sitting down with a cup of tea and a movie, my car..

5. Experience different cultures - Always, culture is awesome

6. Work to live rather than live to work - I work to live, but its a passion too!

7. Pay off all debts - Only debt is student loan, pssh.

8. Be true to yourself - hmm?

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - I try! If I concentrate on what I don't have, I tend to try and find a way to get it, challenges yo!

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - Definitely, read the money bit

11. Make time for family and friends - Always.

12. Try all types of food - See 11.

13. Find true love - Eh, not a big deal! Love isn't that important to me in that way, I have everything I could need, but I wouldn't shun it if I found someone.

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - I've lived in New York. Visited Prague, France, Canary Islands, Malta, Sweden..later this year I'll be going Thailand..so we're getting somewhere right?!

15. Go outside more - I do...often!

16. Learn a new language - Learning the basics of French and Japanese.

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - I love my folks/friends and thankfully they love me too.

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - Again, always!

19. Lose a stone in weight - This isn't important to me, this should not be here. Unless of course its a health concern.

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - I try too.

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - I have mostly! :) My parents used to take me to a lot of historical places for holidays

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Prague was last minute :D

23. Volunteer for a good cause - Done and done, I always volunteer for charity stuff if I can.

24. Take up a challenge - My career is a challenge, new goals like learning new things! :)

25. Go on safari - That'd be pretty cool.

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - Blew £500 once when I couldn't really afford it, but it felt so good!

27. Learn a new instrument - I learnt the violin and played the bass for a while....tick?

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Not important to me.

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Not having kids, but I'd love to make sure my sister and her potential children have the money they need

30. Start a family - see 29.

31. Earn more than your age - 21k? I'm on 17k, so we're nearly there!

32. Have a pet - Would love to. A bunny, a doggy. Love, love, love. One day.

33. Drive a really fast car - Done and done! ^_^

34. Travel alone - Done :) Its scary but cool.

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - see the 'no kids thing'

36. Meet strangers - I have done, many times, some of them were you lot N-E!

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - Done, NYC counts right? :love:

38. Have a one night stand - Yes..unfortunately. :p

39. Pass your driving test - Done! :D

40. Get a degree - Done again.

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - I have done this a few times, its really cool to help.

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - Haha, done..¬_¬

43. Get a promotion - Not yet, but soon!

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - Make that 30 ;) Bitches love challenges.

45. Have an all-night drinking session - More than I care to admit.

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - I have done this, though I hate it.

47. Snog a stranger <- Uni..

48. Plan a surprise party - Nope?

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - Not done anything like this, but I think eventually I'd like to sky dive.

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - I do, my cousin has had a wonderful little boy and my sister may have children in the future

There's a lot in this list I've done, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I do hate that children and marriage should be set as a thing, but what can you do. :laughing:

1. Stop worrying about money - I don't worry too much, but this is stupid advice. If you have money troubles, you need to be worried so you'll be motivated to get the problems sorted.

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - It depends. If they don't like how I am, screw them. If other people think I smelt of petrified corpses, then there's clearly something wrong.

3. Take two holidays a year - I don't think I've ever had two holidays in a year.

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - Like my cat ignoring her food because she wants a cuddle?

5. Experience different cultures - I went to Paris once. For a day. And spent most of it in a large warehouse. Looking at fabric. I'm not terribly cultured.

6. Work to live rather than live to work - I'd rather have a job I enjoy than a better paid job I hate. They have this the wrong way round.

7. Pay off all debts - This contradicts #1. Also, don't pay off student debt until you have to. The interest is actually below inflation, so it's better to keep the money.

8. Be true to yourself - I think I am. Also, not all people should follow this advice.

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - Wanting stuff is a great motivation to better yourself.

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - Do they even know what this phrase means? It means putting some money aside so you can experience a day of fun on a day that would otherwise be dull and dreary. If you're enjoying a day, spending money you don't need to is silly.

11. Make time for family and friends - Obviously.

12. Try all types of food - No.

13. Find true love - This would be amazing.

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - I've visited two. I doubt many more would be added to that list.

15. Go outside more - I could go walking more, I suppose. But I'm actually rarely in my house all day.

16. Learn a new language - No. I hate other languages due to having multiple forced on me in school. Plus, English does me just fine.

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - You mean "worry about what other people think of you"?

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - Obviously.

19. Lose a stone in weight - Because losing weight while underweight is a great idea.

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - Spend all my money, not go to work, pester friends and family while they're busy/at work and end up becoming homeless?

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - All? Too much effort. I'll visit the ones that interest me. Mainly castles.

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - No. Unless #13 was fulfilled, than I imagine it would be great.

23. Volunteer for a good cause - One day, perhaps. I've done a few charity things before.

24. Take up a challenge - Challenge Accepted!

25. Go on safari - It would be nice, but I'd rather a hiking trip in New Zealand.

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - No. Because this is stupid.

27. Learn a new instrument - I've tried. I'm not compatible with musical instruments.

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Would be nice.

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Would be nice.

30. Start a family - Would be nice.

31. Earn more than your age - Unlikely to happen, and I'm not getting any younger. Also, considering #1, there are a lot of "be rich" things on this list.

32. Have a pet - Have one, she's awesome.

33. Drive a really fast car - Cars don't interest me.

34. Travel alone - I've travelled to somewhere on my own. Does that count?

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - Would be nice.

36. Meet strangers - I once went to a random park in Sheffield and spoke with a load of strange people.

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - Sheffield was pretty unfamiliar to me, so yes.

38. Have a one night stand - I haven't. I actually have little interest in sex outside a relationship (although I certainly wouldn't say "no" if a nice person asked).

39. Pass your driving test - I'm fine with public transport.

40. Get a degree - Tried. Failed. Still, had lots of fun doing it.

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - I've rescued a couple of people financially, if that counts.

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - I've dated a few people that were completely wrong for me, but I wouldn't call them "exciting".

43. Get a promotion - Done.

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - Second in command by the age of 24. Boom!

45. Have an all-night drinking session - A few times. I wouldn't recommend it.

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Done. I've even sang (as part of a group) on stage (I sang a Spice Girls song).

47. Snog a stranger - Done.

48. Plan a surprise party - Not done, although I've was invited to one and had to keep it a secret.

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - I've wanted to try sky diving.

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - Family, yes. I'm actually afraid of children who aren't related to me.

These are terrible. Here's my alternate 10, off the top of my head:

1. Learn to play a musical instrument badly

2. Get somebody in your place of work fired

3. Leave the country for no discernible reason, tell no one where you were or what you did when you get back

4. Eat as much cake as you dare

5. Learn a martial art

6. Move to a different region of the country for no discernible reason, only tell people you've been "here and there" when they ask

7. Actively become obsessed with at least one cartoon show

8. Deliberately mess with your sleep pattern as much as possible

9. Attend at least one sporting event you're not familiar with

10. Explore a religious cult (may be related to No. 7)

I'm up to 5 and a half out of 10.

1. Stop worrying about money - No

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - People are the worst, so I don't

3. Take two holidays a year - A holiday every three years...? But still, I go away for the odd weekend (even if its normally home) which is something

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - Elliot's penis will do

5. Experience different cultures - I live in London, that will do

6. Work to live rather than live to work - I kind of do. I don't give a glob about my day job, but enjoy creative stuff so I live for that

7. Pay off all debts - lol student debt

8. Be true to yourself - okay hippy

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - okay

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - No

11. Make time for family and friends - I do

12. Try all types of food - Save meat, I tend to

13. Find true love - No

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - I'm on about 8

15. Go outside more - But I'll burn!

16. Learn a new language - Nein

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - I'm awesome, everyone knows

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - I'm awesome

19. Lose a stone in weight - But I'm only 9!

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - I'll be around forever

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - YAWN

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Okay

23. Volunteer for a good cause - Elliot

24. Take up a challenge - Going to be day job is a daily challenge

25. Go on safari - meh, maybe

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - TREAT YO SELF

27. Learn a new instrument - Piano one day

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - No

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Grandchildren?

30. Start a family - Screw you

31. Earn more than your age - Already do (but I thought money didn't matter?)

32. Have a pet - Would do if I wasn't renting

33. Drive a really fast car - No

34. Travel alone - Have done

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - Kids are the worst

36. Meet strangers - How do you NOT meet strangers?

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - London baby!

38. Have a one night stand - Three in one week once. That'll do. #classy

39. Pass your driving test - No

40. Get a degree - Two!

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - Seems rather selfish, shouldn't you be helping them for the sake of helping them?

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - I don't date

43. Get a promotion - Numerous

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - 14 years left!

45. Have an all-night drinking session - That's what The Bard is for

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Done so numerous times

47. Snog a stranger - Have done

48. Plan a surprise party - Currently doing so

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - Daily cycling over Tower Bridge

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - Children are the worst

tl;dr this list is balls.

Here's the list

1. Stop worrying about money - Depends if money is an issue, or whatever I'm buying is expensive

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - My whole life have been about that...not gonna stop now...

3. Take two holidays a year - high school, two year work, then college, not sure if I apply.

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - Not sure what this one means? Same

5. Experience different cultures - I kinda dislike my Filipono steph mother, so no thank you

6. Work to live rather than live to work - Money get you stuff

7. Pay off all debts - Not my biggest worry right now

8. Be true to yourself - What? :p

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - I want so much more.

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - I don't really save money so does that count?

11. Make time for family and friends - Family here, family there, they kinda multiplied when my parents got divorced...out of job is not a funny conversation with friends...

12. Try all types of food - I'm picky.

13. Find true love- Yeah right.

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - If Sweden and Denmark counts, then 8. I've only ever traveled to one country alone.

15. Go outside more - It takes me 20 minutes to the shop. Far enough.

16. Learn a new language - German learned in secondary school. Forgotten. Frech learned in high school. Forgotten. English counts right?

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - Yes.

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - Haven't encountered any.

19. Lose a stone in weight - I can eat anything I want and I'm still the skinniest person in the world. And I don't know how much a stone weights.

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - I want to live forever so they don't exactly go hand in hand.

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks -Aside from London and Stonehenge I don't want to.

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Not sure what this means..? Does my Rome trip count?

23. Volunteer for a good cause - I am going to get around to do that...

24. Take up a challenge - Bit vague but normally I would say no.

25. Go on safari - Want to. I loved David Attenborough's Africa.

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - I don't like to spend lots of money at one time, unless it was gaming related, but I haven't "blowned a load of money" as of yet I think.

27. Learn a new instrument - Won't even dare. Thought counts? :p

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Skip

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - If they ever happen, shouldn't count on it.

30. Start a family -Skip

31. Earn more than your age - Not sure what this means?

32. Have a pet - Had a pet? My pet or family's pet? We had six cats at the most.

33. Drive a really fast car - don't have license and cars scare me :p

34. Travel alone - Check.

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - What?

36. Meet strangers - My great nemesis....

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place -In progress. Can't wait to get out of here :p

38. Have a one night stand - Lol

39. Pass your driving test - No.

40. Get a degree - Yes! I have done something!

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - no

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - no

43. Get a promotion - no

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - still not there

45. Have an all-night drinking session - Done done done yes

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - NEVER!

47. Snog a stranger - Snog means...?

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - not yet

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - I don't like children. When you're 24 and still got siblings in kindergarden you're not supposed to right?

Edited by Tales

1. Stop worrying about money - I don't worry too much about money - As all these unplayed games prove!

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - Tried my best, but this is one of my biggest flaws :P Anxiety riddled fiend that I am.

3. Take two holidays a year - No holidays planned for this year! SHIT.

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - BANJO <3

5. Experience different cultures - I experience plenty in the media, can't afford to go and experience in real life yet, though!

6. Work to live rather than live to work - YES!

7. Pay off all debts - None yet :D

8. Be true to yourself - Most of the time, not at work though.

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - Okay!

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - I love rainy days, that smell!

12. Try all types of food - I've tried plenty, and would love to try MORE! Love food.

13. Find true love- I'm too messed up for this :p

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - Fuck man, I'm at like... 3?

15. Go outside more - But... MY SKIN!

16. Learn a new language - So hard, man.

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - Maybe?

19. Lose a stone in weight - I used to be a HUGE bastard. Always try my best to stay a normal size now, though I could eat cake forever if I wanted!

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - Is this possible, really?

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - One day, perhaps!

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Nah

23. Volunteer for a good cause - haha, not yet.

24. Take up a challenge - Rayman Challenges app.

25. Go on safari - As in... a safari park?

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - Whenever I can, I do :p

27. Learn a new instrument - I tried keyboard when I was younger, I was actually ok but not interested in music at the time. Wish I'd have carried on :(

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Pahahaha

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Probably won't have grandchildren, or children for that matter.

30. Start a family - Gah!

31. Earn more than your age - I earn more than £21 a month, YES!

32. Have a pet - BANJO!!

33. Drive a really fast car - I can barely drive a normal car!

34. Travel alone - My friends are what get me out the house - I can barely go shopping by myself without getting terrible anxiety, perhaps travelling alone would help... or just kill me. ahahaha.

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - If I ever have them, ofc.

36. Meet strangers - Meeting new people is amazing and terrifying!

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - Good grief!

38. Have a one night stand - I think my big nose puts them off!

39. Pass your driving test - Fuckin', soon I hope!

40. Get a degree - Nah D:

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - Not yet!

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - Hahaha, yes! It was amazing and terrible at the same time.

43. Get a promotion - Not in this bloody job.

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - Perhaps, it's too far away to think about!

45. Have an all-night drinking session - Done, perhaps too many times!

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Sang Scatman on karaoke, WITHOUT THE WORDS. Everyone, including myself, was shocked, cringing, wishing it would end soon.

47. Snog a stranger - Done, poor fellow. It was late in the club and he said his last name was Cooper. I excitedly said 'Like King Koopa?!', he said 'erm yes?'. For some crazy reason, the first and last time I did it, I randomly kissed him. Went surprisingly well, probably helped that it was at a gay club, mind.

48. Plan a surprise party - Nah, though it would be awesome.

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - Nope!

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - Yes!

Man, this feels like MySpace.

Edited by Josh64

More alternatives:

11. Walk around in the middle of the night alot

12. Have sex with someone who can recall at least one major historical event you weren't alive for

13. Deface some public advertising.

14. Get a qualification in something totally useless to your choice of career

15. Find and join any protest march about an issue you're totally ignorant/have no opinion about

16. Talk to the elderly

17. Don't worry about buying more books when you haven't already read all the books you have

18. Buy as much art as you can but only from small/young/new artists

19. Try to see at least one movie where you're the only person in the theatre

20. Research & develop your own theories about existence and creation, try to convert any Jehovah's Witness or similar that comes knocking

Done four of those.

18. Buy as much art as you can but only from small/young/new artists

I've bought copies of art from a young artist. Although I would love an original picture from her.

I've bought copies of art from a young artist. Although I would love an original picture from her.

Totally counts. Tick it!

I've done 13 of the things gaggle listed.

-edit-

Now with added list.

1. Learn to play a musical instrument badly - anything I play, I play badly

2. Get somebody in your place of work fired - fired several people myself

4. Eat as much cake as you dare - NOMNOMNOM

5. Learn a martial art - I did at some point when I was young

6. Move to a different region of the country for no discernible reason, only tell people you've been "here and there" when they ask - half done

7. Actively become obsessed with at least one cartoon show - Umm...has anyone seen my sig/av

8. Deliberately mess with your sleep pattern as much as possible - Uni life

9. Attend at least one sporting event you're not familiar with - They're all alien to me

10. Explore a religious cult (may be related to No. 7) - Counting studying one

11. Walk around in the middle of the night alot - Yeah baby

12. Have sex with someone who can recall at least one major historical event you weren't alive for - Slept with someone that remember Thatcher coming into power

14. Get a qualification in something totally useless to your choice of career - lol media studies

15. Find and join any protest march about an issue you're totally ignorant/have no opinion about - I've protested, but it was about things I cared about

16. Talk to the elderly - They're awful, but I've done it

17. Don't worry about buying more books when you haven't already read all the books you have - BUY ALL OF THE THINGS

18. Buy as much art as you can but only from small/young/new artists - Tend to go to arty things (e.g. Comica, ELCAFF or whatever its called) and buy bits and pieces

19. Try to see at least one movie where you're the only person in the theatre - Pulse!

Turns out it was 15! Not including the two right-aligned ones.

Edited by Ashley

1. Stop worrying about money - I don't really worry about money. Haven't been in financial trouble and don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - The issue is what I think, and I'm working on that.

3. Take two holidays a year - As in go travelling, visit a new place? I usually do once a year, during the summer. When else would you go?

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - I believe I always have. :)

5. Experience different cultures - Can't say I've done this. I'd be terribly nervous about accidentally offending someone.

6. Work to live rather than live to work - I certainly plan to. :) I'm well on my way to my dream job.

7. Pay off all debts - No debts yet!

8. Be true to yourself - I strive to everyday. :)

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - I'd say I mostly do, though it's fine to have dreams and wants, right?

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - Hoho, I'm good at that. :heh:

11. Make time for family and friends - I really do. :)

12. Try all types of food - I always try new food, but I usually find I prefer sticking to the tried and true. :heh:

13. Find true love - Buddy, it's what I've been trying to my whole life.

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - Jesus, 25?! I have, what, 6? (Not counting places I've only passed through.) 19 more to go, I guess ...

15. Go outside more - Aw, do I have to? Seriously, though, I do enjoy being outside during the summer. I just always forget the sunscreen.

16. Learn a new language - Bitch, please, I know 5. Two of them aren't even alive.

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - I humbly believe they do. :) Unless they all lie to me. :heh:

18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it - I will, though I'm not sure anyone's ever seriously needed my help.

19. Lose a stone in weight - Are you kidding me?! I'm already underweight!

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - I find this advice simplistic and terrible.

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - That's rather specific - and comprehensive. How about I visit historical landmarks around the world? I still need to visit 19 countries, after all ...

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Not really down with impulsivity. The most impulsive holiday I've taken was probably a weekend in London, and that was still pretty planned. Can I skip this? :heh:

23. Volunteer for a good cause - I don't think I've ever done actual volunteer work, but I try to do good deeds where I can.

24. Take up a challenge - I do so from time to time. I like to prove myself.

25. Go on safari - Uh, what? That seems ... arbitrary?

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - ... You mean there are other ways to shop? :heh:

27. Learn a new instrument - I play a bit of piano, actually. Took lessons once, but have learned what I know on my own.

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Hey, I'm still working on that true love thing, okay?

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Listen, I need to find someone to have children with first. I get it, all right? I'm working on it.

30. Start a family - WHAT DID I JUST SAY.

31. Earn more than your age - Uh, what do you mean exactly? As in I should earn, like, 30,000 before I'm 30, or ...?

32. Have a pet - Have had plenty of cats and plan to have more in the future. :)

33. Drive a really fast car - Need a licence first. :heh:

34. Travel alone - Have done so already! It's nice to travel alone, though it's also nice to share the experience. :)

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - Again with the kids! But yes, I plan on giving them a good upbringing. Don't see why they need to be straight or narrow, though. ;)

36. Meet strangers - That's actually something I'm working on specifically at the moment. :)

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - Well, I moved to a whole new city. I'm not really sure what "unfamiliar" entails?

38. Have a one night stand - I AM BAD WITH WOMEN OKAY. GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT.

39. Pass your driving test - Shouldn't this have come BEFORE the fast car?!

40. Get a degree - Working on that currently. :)

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - "Rescue"? As in life-or-death? Or is it enough if I brighten someone's day with an ice cream cone or something? Because I believe I've done the latter several times. Not so much the former.

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - *sigh* Can't I just focus on actually finding someone to begin with?

43. Get a promotion - Need a job first, though I'm not sure if the job I'm heading for has promotions, really?

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - Define "career peak"?

45. Have an all-night drinking session - Is an all-night gaming session just as good? :heh:

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Love to! Already have plenty of times, and want to many more! :hehe:

47. Snog a stranger - Would that land me that date you've been hounding me about?

48. Plan a surprise party - Hm, that could be fun, actually. Never tried that.

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - Ooh, I've actually always wanted to try that! I'd love to try skydiving!

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - People actually say I'm good with children, though I don't feel I am. :heh:

36. Meet strangers - That's actually something I'm working on specifically at the moment. :)

Didn't you meet a load of strangers that time you went to England with your parents?

1. Stop worrying about money - I try not to, but it's nice to see some money in the bank just before payday :)

2. Stop worrying about what other people think - I have

3. Take two holidays a year - I can barely get the time off for one.

4. Enjoy little comforts in life - Does my bed count, in which case :)

5. Experience different cultures - Just walk around Birmingham and London, but in reality i've experienced quite a few by visiting different countries.

6. Work to live rather than live to work - If only, i spend most of my time travelling to and from work and in work. Work is my life at present, but i'm working on that part.

7. Pay off all debts - Another pass, no debts at all. Money management works wonders.

8. Be true to yourself - I am.

9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don’t have - Can only try can't i?

10. Use money on experiences rather than saving for a rainy day - I save for the experiences

12. Try all types of food - Tried and tasted, dislike eggs, fish/seafood and one or two fruits.

13. Find true love - :(

14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries - Done 11 so far (Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Austria, Germany, Turkey, Netherlands, Greece, Belgium, Luxemburg, Denmark)

15. Go outside more - I do, and play my 3DS :)

16. Learn a new language - Learnt German and French

17. Be well thought of by family and friends - I hope so

19. Lose a stone in weight - Lost 6 stone :)

20. Treat each day like it’s your last - We're all gonna die!!!

21. Visit all of Britain’s historical landmarks - Big Ben, London Eye, Stone Henge, Lake District, Loch Ness, Welsh Mountains, Buck Palace. The list could go on, but i've not done them all yet.

22. Book an impulsive last minute holiday - Nope

23. Volunteer for a good cause - I worked in a charity shop if that counts.

24. Take up a challenge - Depends

25. Go on safari - Does visiting a safari park count?

26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can - Spend £300 or so on a HD-TV, Blu-ray player, Console, Computer, Bedroom furnature, Carpets, Curtains etc. Spent way over £1,500. Well worth it!!!

27. Learn a new instrument - Learnt to play the Triangle once.

28. Be married for longer than 20 years - Not done yet

29. Have enough money left for the grandchildren to enjoy - Give me a break, no kids yet

30. Start a family - Failing

31. Earn more than your age - As long as i earn more than £26, i'm fine. But i think this means in thousands, so earning about £26k. Not quite there yet.

32. Have a pet - Had more than 1 pet, currently have a dog.

33. Drive a really fast car - Nope

34. Travel alone - Most of the time, i travel to London and have travelled to France once or twice alone.

35. Be able to keep the kids on the straight and narrow - Not complete, no kids.

36. Meet strangers - Done

37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place - I lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years

38. Have a one night stand - Yes

39. Pass your driving test - Nope

40. Get a degree - Nope

41. Rescue someone so that you’re a hero for a little while - I rescued a hedgehog from a drain once.

42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you - Yes, big mistake

43. Get a promotion - Yes, a good feeling

44. Reach the desired career peak by age 40 - I'll be back in 14 years

45. Have an all-night drinking session - Done more than once.

46. Perform something on stage in front of others - Done (Scouts, Karaoki, School plays)

47. Snog a stranger - At a mates stag do, was a dare.

49. Embark on adrenaline packed activities such as sky diving or bungee jumping - Not yet

50. Spend time with children even if they aren’t yours - Done (Cousins, neighbors kids etc)

Not bad for myself.

Didn't you meet a load of strangers that time you went to England with your parents?

That group of tossers? :heh: Nah, they didn't feel like strangers at all. The fact that we hadn't met in person person was irrelevant.

47. Snog a stranger - Done, poor fellow. It was late in the club and he said his last name was Cooper. I excitedly said 'Like King Koopa?!', he said 'erm yes?'.

This cracked me up. I imagine you being completely smitten by him when he told you his name. :p

And secretly planning to name your future son with him Bowser.

But if 13 and 28 are done, surely endeavouring to complete this list by doing 38 and 47 will actually make life pretty shit?!

I think I'm living life to the full by not going through this checklist ?_?