Spare T-shirt

iPad

Bike lights

Bike lock

Allen Key

Vita

Antiperspirant

3DS

I carry a lot of shit with me. I'm like Batman, always prepared.

In this country waiters are paid a complete wage before tips, they don't need them to get by. And I've never had to wait for someone to buy something with chip and pin the way I have for people to buy their shopping with sacks of small change...

I'm aware of things work in this country. I tip when I receive good service, a small token of my gratitude. It has nothing do with what they earn an hour. In all my years of going to restaurants, i've never heard that as a reason for tipping.

Congratulations, i've aways found it the other way around when it comes to chip and pin and paying for small priced items.

To be frank, NFC payment needs to become more widespread.

When you pay for large items by card though, it means you don't ever break into a note (or even get them out of cash machines). Therefore you never even have coins.

I'm like Shorty, i pay by everything with card, and even though i don't want to be the guy who pays for a £1 item with a card, i often have no alternative.

I choose to use the self-service tills wherever possible. If I have coins I'll just pour them all in and let the machine give me the correct change. I've found that slow people in front of me don't align under just one banner - you can have someone with a bucket of coins and a fistful of invalid vouchers, or you can just have someone who puts the card in the wrong way 3 times, forgets their pin twice and then asks if they can split the cost of the mars bar over two different forms of payment.

I only carry cash if/when my passenger (I take a colleague to work everyday) gives me the £10 once a week, if I don't get it, I don't have cash on me.

But its a good thing, work has a canteen and if I get cash, it all goes towards it, if I don't have cash I force myself to make my own meals.

I do sometimes carry spray and things into work with me, but its rare. I used to take everything, but my phone is now also my music source and a lot of my stuff just gets left in my car..

I'd like to take the time out to highlight those lesser known things that I carry around with me without realising:

Bits of a broken plastic spoon.

A tissue. (possibly used???)

A blunt toothpick.

3 empty bags you put vegetables in at the supermarket.

A pink hair band.

A ticket to that thing I went to years ago.

Freddo Bar wrapper.

piece of paper with various numbers on.

and one us dollar.

:grin:

I'm the opposite in regards to the wallet, always back pocket.

Having it in the back wallet is asking for it to be sat on or stolen. :p

Always front pocket, it's within your eye-line to some extent.

No.

People paying for ridiculously small priced items with plastic are stupid. People who tip in restaurants with plastic as they're paying the bill are stupid.

I don't carry cash around with me at all, unless I'm in the middle of town and am going or drinks in a pub or something. Meals are all paid for on card. Loose change is a pain in the arse and it's far easier to keep track on money through online banking (so you can see where it's going).

Also, tipping? This isn't 'Merica, boooy!

The amount of back packs in this thread make it sound like you're all going on some massive RPG quest. I love travelling light. Nothing to carry, nothing to worry about losing or getting stolen, it's the way forward. :p

At the weekend, it's just the standard phone, wallet, and keys, although I also have an annoying habit of stuffing receipts in my back pocket so they pile up a bit there.

On weekdays, I take a backpack for questing which usually contains:

Loads (i.e. several kilos worth) of print-outs of papers, handouts, and other stuff I may need

A couple of notebooks

Some library books

A stapler (currently missing!)

An umbrella (occassionally, although I usually just forget and just get wet)

blue pens

a pencil

green and red biros

whiteboard markers

USB stick

earphones

reading glasses

hand moisturiser in winter, or my hands get horrendously chapped

dental floss (because there's nothing more annoying than having something stuck in your teeth and not being able to get it out all day)

tissues (especially when I have a cold)

Do I win heaviest bag?

Left front pocket: Nexus 4 and wallet.

Right front pocket: Normally, MP3-player; while travelling, 3DS.

Left back pocket: Keys.

Right back pocket: Handkerchiefs.

If I'm wearing a jacket, front outside pocket: MP3-player (while in use).

Coins are useless, its all about the plastic.

Try telling that to my dad. He's always having a go at me for not having any actual physical money.

Erm just phone, keys and wallet for me. Unless its a weekday then I take my gym bag and chuck in my 3DS in for street passing.

Left front pocket: Nexus 4 and wallet.

Right front pocket: Normally, MP3-player

Out of interest, why don't you use your Nexus 4?

Right pocket is always wallet.

Left is always phone, inhaler, and house keys (and car keys if I've been in my car).

Any extra paper goes behind my wallet.

Out of interest, why don't you use your Nexus 4?

I've never used my phone as an MP3 player. Not sure why, exactly, but I think I've always had this thing with separating my technology.

Normally on a weekday/work day i got my bag. Which upon checking has the following

• 3DS
  • Battery (with adaptors for phone + headphones)
  • Headphones
  • A book (in this case, A Storm of Swords)
  • Lip Balm
  • Waterproof coat
  • A shopping bag

In pockets, normally the phone, wallet and keys.

Wow some of you guys carry a lot around with you.

Generally I'm just wallet (which includes passes and oyster), phone, keys, some chewys. On the commute to work I will also take the mp3 player and headphones. If I'm going on a longer journey then yeah I may take a bag with the laptop in it or something but that is rare.

Edited by Platty

I'm aware of things work in this country. I tip when I receive good service, a small token of my gratitude. It has nothing do with what they earn an hour. In all my years of going to restaurants, i've never heard that as a reason for tipping.

Well we had a whole thread on the subject not long ago and I aligned myself with the "if you don't tip your hairdresser/postman/dentist/bus driver/barman/bank clerk etc etc why should you tip your waitstaff?", but that's by the by, we can agree to disagree on the ol' card v plastic....

Well we had a whole thread on the subject not long ago and I aligned myself with the "if you don't tip your hairdresser/postman/dentist/bus driver/barman/bank clerk etc etc why should you tip your waitstaff?", but that's by the by, we can agree to disagree on the ol' card v plastic....

I do tip my hairdresser :heh:

I don't pay my postman at all.

Now I feel terrible.

I'm now scared of Raining having discovered she carries scissors.

IMG_15051_zps2b38f9ae.jpg

Yeah, took a while to empty it... lol

It might just be the angle of the photo/tiredness, but that car key looks maaaaassssive.

I'm now scared of Raining having discovered she carries scissors.

but I also carry plasters!