NEurope
jayseven

What do you carry?

I've recently realised I feel a little less... secure when I've not got my backpack. I like to pretend it's just the difference in weight that throws me... but I dunno.

But basically my bag means at all times I have spare hearing aids, antihistamines, plasters, notebook, pens, scarf, gloves, scissors, paperclips, rizlas, tobacco, mp3 player, torch and deck of cards. Usually there's a pair of socks and a light hoodie in there too - some deodorant and (possibly) a can of cider.

It's usually just wallet, watch, spectacles and testicles, innit?

Typically wallet, keys, Nexus 7, sketchbook, staedtler pens, notebook, pens, oyster, face cloth (for cycle seat when it rains), deodorant, hand cream, hair wax, staff pass, passport.

I use the vast majority of that daily...

Oh and sunscreen now. Lol Gaelic.

And iPod and gum! And phone obviously. All of that is excluding the gym bag I take to work every day.

Oh helmet!

I think that's everything...

Edited by Ashley

Left pocket: Phone and wallet, which contains bank card and drivers licence. Possibly some loose change, but this is rare.

Right pocket: House keys and car key. If I'm at work, then a set of keys for various areas within the school.

I don't need anything else. :p

Left pocket wallet. Right pocket iPhone (it's in a case) + earbuds and keys. Watch always on my wrist, if I'm out the house without a watch on it feels weird.

Wallet, phone, keys.

I can't imagine how I would ever need anything else.

Ok, Ine is being picky and tells me that I actually carry certain things to work, but I'm interpreting this as what I carry around with me at all times.

So, the first post I made is what I take with me at all times.

This is what I will take with me to work every day, but items which I don't carry from place to place:

1-3 bananas,

A bottle of sparkling water,

Possibly some biscuits or these banana-oatmeal cookies Ine makes,

A green pen I use for my marking,

One of my eau de toilettes, to smell good for work,

Possibly some marking that I've taken home to do,

My usb memory device for work.

I can't imagine how I would ever need anything else.

A Vita! Ten characters.

Mr Frodo, because I can't carry it for him.

Also... I go everywhere with a bag which usually contains keys, notepad, receipts from the last few weeks of shameful fast food, my phone and often a 3DS/Kobo eReader and a variety of chargers. Also a portable USB battery. Ideally I'll also have a small deodorant and gum. On precariously cold days I also carry a beanie around since I don't like my head to get cold/wet.

Edited by Guy

Normally: Wallet, Nexus 4, keys, headphones.

Work: Wallet, Nexus 4, keys, headphones, bag with lunch.

Going to the bar I usually visit on a Saturday: Wallet, Nexus 4, keys, headphones, bag with Nexus 7, keyboard and mouse.

Phone in left pocket, keys in right (so as not to scratch the screen). I keep my wallet in my back pocket. I don't know why some people on here put them in their front pockets. I only put my wallet there when I get the feeling I'm going to get pickpocketed--a natural reaction whenever you're about to board public transportation here in Egypt.

Backpack:

iPad, pen, spare cufflinks, hand cream, lip balm, glasses, baseball cap (for sunny days), LoZ Beanie (for rainy days), spare socks (rainy season in Shanghai can have water up to 12 inches in about 30 minutes and the downpours can be sudden), plastic shoe covers (again, lost too many shoes to rain), keys, umbrella and collapsible police baton. I've never had to use it, but there have been several cases of nationalistic Chinese going after foreigners for no good reason over the last twelve months.

Pockets - phone, wallet, travel card for public transport and that's about it.

Backpack: Laptop, Wacom, Agenda, Pen, Notebook, Sketchbook, Pencils, Keys, Mini-umbrella, Paper tissues, peppermints, deodorant, my lunch box, Ipod and a spare USB-stick AND OF COURSE my good old 3DS

sometimes I have a small side bag with paints and extra paper with me too

Pockets: Phone and wallet with another USB-stick haha

yup that should be about it :)

Edited by M_rock

on my person - wallet, phone, keys. (personally, i've never understood the back-pocket-wallet brigade; surely it is really uncomfortable to sit on?)

in my bag - laptop, glasses, sunglasses (in the summer), mouse, earphones, Kindle, pen.

on my person - wallet, phone, keys. (personally, i've never understood the back-pocket-wallet brigade; surely it is really uncomfortable to sit on?)

in my bag - laptop, glasses, sunglasses (in the summer), mouse, earphones, Kindle, pen.

I'm the opposite in regards to the wallet, always back pocket. I tend to walk with my hands in my pockets and there isn't much spare room in them with a wallet in there. It also feel weird carrying it in a front pocket.

Personally I carry phone, keys, wallet and some change. I've no time for dudes who carry coins in their wallet, pocket full of change always.

Coins are useless, its all about the plastic.

Wallet, Keys, Phone... in that order.

My stuff for work is usually already in my work uniform pockets, if I know I'll have a bit of time waiting around I'll take my GBA Micro to work, portable ALTTP is the way to go!

If I know I'll be traveling anywhere else though and will have an hour or so to spare then I'll take my 3DS XL which just about fits in my pocket - which is much more than I can say for the Vita ;) - naturally the game card that's in it at the moment is Fire Emblem but I also have plenty of downloadable titles on it to keep me busy. :)

Coins are useless, its all about the plastic.

No.

People paying for ridiculously small priced items with plastic are stupid. People who tip in restaurants with plastic as they're paying the bill are stupid.

You just called a whole lot of people stupid... care to follow that up with a little logic/reason?

You just called a whole lot of people stupid... care to follow that up with a little logic/reason?

The restaurant part is pretty obvious. If you don't tip with non-plastic currency, the tip won't go to your waiter/waitress.

The other one is just something that irritates me personally. Waiting for someone to put in their pin and faf about with their card for a packet of chewing gum.

Also, I don't know about other parts of the country but up here you can't get on a bus with anything other than coins.

You can pay for buses with contactless card here, but I don't use them.

On a self service machine I'm still quicker putting in a pin than the average Joe faffing around with change.

Also, when I said coins are useless I was obviously being hyperbolic.

The restaurant part is pretty obvious. If you don't tip with non-plastic currency, the tip won't go to your waiter/waitress.

The other one is just something that irritates me personally. Waiting for someone to put in their pin and faf about with their card for a packet of chewing gum.

Also, I don't know about other parts of the country but up here you can't get on a bus with anything other than coins.

In this country waiters are paid a complete wage before tips, they don't need them to get by. And I've never had to wait for someone to buy something with chip and pin the way I have for people to buy their shopping with sacks of small change...

Man, some of you guys carry a lot.

I usually carry:

Phone

Card

Keys

I used to carry a backpack all the time filled with useless junk and sometimes for work I'll take a bag in with me, but otherwise thats it, I hate having bags with me now.