NEurope
-Dem0-

Miiverse (A Link Between Worlds art event edition)

The problem with Miiverse is that 80% of posts are pure drivel. Utter bollocks that need not be on there.

...that and it's full of canand asking for CoD DLC, over and over again.

The problem with Miiverse is that 80% of posts are pure drivel. Utter bollocks that need not be on there.

That sounds like all Social Media websites.

Yeah, that ain't a problem with Miiverse, it's a problem with its users. ;)

And what exactly can Nintendo do about that, add a drivel/utter bollocks filter? :heh:

They already increased the amount of time required between posts, in order to reduce spam. Not sure how much further they can push that kind of thing, without of course making Miiverse genuinely shit. :hmm:

Yeah, that ain't a problem with Miiverse, it's a problem with its users. ;)

And what exactly can Nintendo do about that, add a drivel/utter bollocks filter? :heh:

They already increased the amount of time required between posts, in order to reduce spam. Not sure how much further they can push that kind of thing, without of course making Miiverse genuinely shit. :hmm:

A reputation algorithm would work, users mark what's drivel and the more of it you post the less important your future posts become and quicky drop off the community (but stay in peoples activity feeds). Of course, this requires time and effort so...

Its not the only problem with Miiverse though. I get a game specific social network, I really do get it. It should be the consoles "killer app". But Miiverse is never relevant to what I am doing - if I'm on level 1-4 then it should load (at least from in-game) to a sub-community for level 1-4 posts. The lack of in-game tags is killing the service.

Its general design is friggin' ghastly too. Just overlay posts to a suspended game, no need for that hideous green.

Can we cut Canand a little slack, please? It feels like we're pulling faces at a blind man.

A reputation algorithm would work, users mark what's drivel and the more of it you post the less important your future posts become and quicky drop off the community (but stay in peoples activity feeds). Of course, this requires time and effort so...

It's not a question of time and effort, it's that that isn't how Nintendo operate, with reputation and downgrading people. Can you imagine them explaining that in their next Nintendo Direct!

And anyway, they already have taken steps to sort out the drivel, it's called the Popular posts tab.

Same difference. :heh:

All joking aside, I really enjoy Miiverse. ::shrug: it's optional at the end of the day and doesn't interfere with the game like most community aspects do. I'm not a fan of online competitive gaming but enjoy the community and sharing aspect of playing. Miiverse is perfect for this.

The worst thing about Miiverse is when developers don't integrate it properly into their games. No screen sharing in Disney Infinity is my recent bugbear. A game crying out for sharing of content/funny pictures.

I do think that when communities launch it will be a better service, personalised more by users.

It's early days. Nintendo, like all companies don't always get things perfect out of the gate. I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Feel like posting out of the box? On #Miiverse you can now post directly to your (and your friends' and followers') Activity Feed!

Feel like posting out of the box? On #Miiverse you can now post directly to your (and your friends' and followers') Activity Feed!

Now it really IS like Twitter! Nice!

This might make it easier to post about getting online matches up and running. Will have to try and see.

I'd love to be able to turn off 'Yeah' notifications. Fed up of asking a question and then having someone pointlessly 'Yeah' it, the most frustrating thing about it.

Does anyone else get that error where your activity kind of resets back to the posts from a couple of days before and once loaded you have to refresh it to get the latest posts back again?

I've been spending a bit more time on Miiverse and have started to notice it more and more.

Only on the web version. That or I get posts from only 1 user, which I posted about before.

Does anyone else get that error where your activity kind of resets back to the posts from a couple of days before and once loaded you have to refresh it to get the latest posts back again?

Yeah, I encountered that yesterday.

I wish the load times for Miiverse were better. It's not terrible but it does put me off uploading pictures when I'm mid-game. I'd love it if you could choose to have Miiverse active on the GamePad whilst playing a game.

Came across these and thought they were worthy of a share.

zlCfzRKvMj4AM7LrXn

zlCfzRK01xk_rc2smE

zlCfzRKwTFEDCwVitg

zlCfzRKvXyAIrKCNuv

zlCfzRK3FgEcgax5Zx

zlCfzRK3HnMZrXLsM4

zlCfzRKyChYgkDOEhP

"Thank you for your patience! We had a very hard time deciding which illustrations to recognize, but now I would like to announce our favorite works from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds! Without further ado! The [Gold Star] goes to... "

zlCfzRj94uM4qHJvVc

"Next, the [silver Stars]!"

zlCfzRj95OY0FJb8xp

zlCfzRj95gUWjIgnVo

"Next, the [bronze Stars]!"

zlCfzRj953QuInFCnv

zlCfzRj96EI6xRRYEW

zlCfzRj96VcimcoBeM

"The works awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze Stars were chosen by me and the other members of our development team, based on the skill presented by the artist, their artistic expression and creativity. It was really hard to narrow it down, but somehow we managed in the end!"

"And now, on to the [Art Academy Favorites] category! These works have been chosen by the Art Academy SketchPad development team for their outstanding use of the possibilities offered by the Art Academy software."

zlCfzRj97KwKH7WJWA

zlCfzRj97UgiFRy1w5

zlCfzRj97e4_3pcfri

zlCfzRj97o06QZMTIu

zlCfzRj97zA7NrNSMk

"And finally, the [Aonuma's favorite]! This recognises the works that I myself particularly liked. Here we go!"

zlCfzRj98KYBU9BWwr

zlCfzRj98U8AAAhBcz

zlCfzRj98eIp2X4vkh

zlCfzRj98nsmYs3WkW

zlCfzRj98y4prusSyY

"And that's it! ... was what I originally meant to say, but there were so many amazing pieces submitted that we just had to add some extra recognitions. And because they're special, we decided to include some works which didn't follow the contest's theme, as well."

zlCfzRj99VIPRIBIel

zlCfzRj99hkOryFxUu

zlCfzRj99ugGJOuMt8

zlCfzRj996kfz1SthW

zlCfzRj9-IgIdhps9h

zlCfzRj9-U4qqfBsaJ

zlCfzRj9-ggg4qIY0r

zlCfzRj9-s0Kx3wInv

zlCfzRj9-6EIAdWDyV

zlCfzRj9_DMJAC9cH0

zlCfzRj9_QMwyshDRG

zlCfzRj9_bou9pO7RI

zlCfzRj9_mAOvBOE93

zlCfzRj9_xQOJQKzqa

"I am surprised to see so many characters illustrated in unique situations. I'm impressed by your creativity! I will continue to put my full efforts into The Legend of Zelda series and create games everyone will enjoy, so please look forward to more games in the future! For the time being, please have fun playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds! Thank you all so very much for participating in this event! And congratulations to the artists recognized for their works!! Each and everyone of you deserves a big round of applause!

*Recognized works will also be posted on the official website, so please take a look at them there too."

The Tom Nook one made me laugh. They're better ones in there than the one that won gold.

The Tom Nook one made me laugh. They're better ones in there than the one that won gold.

You mean crazy Redd, right? :p

Yeah the Redd one stood out for me as well but there are some amazing ones there.

Some fantastic artwork in that Zelda comp, lovely stuff. icon14.gif

Did anyone from here enter? I started one, but never finished. :woops:

Anyway, on the subject of Miiverse, can someone do me a favour and check out my profile on their Wii U?

I think something's up with it, because it only seems load a certain amount of posts (up to this one to be precise) and then stops. ::shrug:

It's fine in the browser version of Miiverse on PC though, and also on the 3DS. It only stops loading on the Wii U version, that's why I'd like someone to check it on that, see if it does the same thing. :hmm: