NEurope
-Dem0-

Miiverse (A Link Between Worlds art event edition)

My first "proper" drawing. Took me a while, but I'm happy with the result :)

zlCfzRF8G9Aj_E09N1

Thanks @RedShell, as always I love your artistic style to your drawings.

Just wanted to point out, those actually aren't lighting effects as such. I don't really know how to class it, but it's more like an "effect" because of a transformation.

Check it out.

Thanks @RedShell, as always I love your artistic style to your drawings.

Just wanted to point out, those actually aren't lighting effects as such. I don't really know how to class it, but it's more like an "effect" because of a transformation.

Check it out.

Whoa! That be some crazy animation. :D

Reminds me of this:

I actually thought it was going to be about "cracking" your fists :laughing:

More Art Academy Awesomeness.

zlCfzRFsrbAEI-ljNb

zlCfzRFhn6cGp_ZIQS

zlCfzRFpXIILHBsM0h

zlCfzRFqZB8A1rSC1c

zlCfzRFhU-MDxF-fCm

zlCfzRFmWhAmSkRccq

zlCfzRFj4GYlYzv5kz

zlCfzRFjL7UNQKysMw

zlCfzRFp1YMvLyt3XI

zlCfzRFnjNgnHA1gop

zlCfzRFjkkAvTpTiiG

zlCfzRFsob8onjyaFX

I hope NINTENDO starts to take notice once these artists throw their skills behind stuff like Region-locking, the outcries for a new F-Zero and whatnot...

In fact, can't some fellow N-Europers rally behind my 'F-Zero for WiiU' or my 'Time for Advanced Warfare' campaign?

Edited by Fused King
Automerged Doublepost

This had me absolutely howling...

IMG_0303.png

If anyone is on Twitter get following Badmiiverseposts. Its amazing!

Sounds like someone trying to make a name for themselves and achieve "why can't metroid crawl" popularity.

When Link to the Past arrives i'm expecting many people to post on Miiverse about not being able to find a way into the castle at the start. :D

I don't spend a lot of time on miiverse and last night I figured out why. I was just looking at some of the tripe on there and it's worse than any message board/forum i've ever been on. It's either a bunch of random doodles or people spouting nonsense. I do enjoy keeping track of what everyone on my friends list are up to/drawing but randomers seem to be clueless for the most part.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I've grown bored of Miiverse to be honest. I very occasionally post something, rarely actually view anything.

The promise of help posts is wasted since few games have the flags embedded to make it worthwhile. Those that do seem sparse. I recall the ZombiU trailer where the guy asks for help and his grandfather come to the rescue - that kind of communication is impossible since games don't have the necessary tags.

The lack of achievements are embarrassing right now; IGN ran a feature some time ago supporting the idea that you create your own achievements in Miiverse. Bullshit. If there were a way of Miiverse identifying what you've done and sharing that across the system, maybe but without the above tags thats impossible - but to have tags for every level or enemy, timed events is probably just as impossible. All this needs to be relevant to what you're doing - Miiverse isn't, its way too broad. I always imagined Miiverse would be be sharing tons of 'events', how long enemies take to kill or how you kill them, time around tracks, length of jumps or whatever... Everything could - and should be - a mini achievement/challenge.

Lack of video sharing - every game should be capable of recording and sharing video. The fact few (if any) do is a major oversight. And Nintendo miss some right no-brainers like the challenge modes in NSMBU.

The social stuff in Need for Speed puts Miiverse to shame. And while I'm moaning I still hate the name Miiverse, its a really poor portmanteau - un-ee-verse, mult-ee-verse... Miiniverse sounds better.

And on top of this shambles the whole thing is so desperately, embarrassingly slow.

Snail.jpg

"Hi, I'm the Miiverse Snail. Nice to meet you."

I tend to just browse the popular posts these days, though it's still quite good in the smaller communities.

I've grown bored of Miiverse to be honest. I very occasionally post something, rarely actually view anything.

The promise of help posts is wasted since few games have the flags embedded to make it worthwhile. Those that do seem sparse. I recall the ZombiU trailer where the guy asks for help and his grandfather come to the rescue - that kind of communication is impossible since games don't have the necessary tags.

Thehe lack of achievements are embarrassing right now. IGN ran a feature some time ago supporting the idea that you create your own achievements in Miiverse. Bullshit. If there were a way of Miiverse identifying what you've done and sharing that across the system, maybe but without the above tags thats impossible - but to have tags for every level or enemy, timed events is probably just as impossible. All this needs to be relevant to what you're doing - Miiverse isn't, its way too broad. I always imagined Miiverse would be be sharing tons of 'events', how long enemies take to kill or how you kill them, time around tracks, length of jumps or whatever... Everything could - and should be - a mini achievement/challenge.

Lack of video sharing - every game should be capable of recording and sharing video. The fact few (if any) do is a major oversight. And Nintendo miss some right no-brainers like the challenge modes in NSMBU.

The social stuff in Need for Speed puts Miiverse to shame. And while I'm moaning I still hate the name Miiverse, its a really poor portmanteau - un-ee-verse, mult-ee-verse... Miiniverse sounds better.

And on top of this shambles the whole thing is so desperately, embarrassingly slow.

Snail.jpg

"Hi, I'm the Miiverse Snail. Nice to meet you."

Well I guess each to their own, but for me achievements can ruin games. This coming from a former 360 man who spent hours trying to find and shoot fruit bowls on 007 Bloodstone to gain an achievement!

Although I know you say you don't like it, if you've completed a game or whatever you can just post a screen shot to Miiverse immediately :)

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

Well I guess each to their own, but for me achievements can ruin games. This coming from a former 360 man who spent hours trying to find and shoot fruit bowls on 007 Bloodstone to gain an achievement!

Although I know you say you don't like it, if you've completed a game or whatever you can just post a screen shot to Miiverse immediately :)

I wholeheartedly agree. I too became obsessed with doing the most mundane things just to get a score that meant nothing. Plus the obnoxious interruption of cutscenes with the sound once you do something.

Plus the rage people get if an achievement is "glitched". I feel it has ruined gaming.

Miiverse is different as you can post whatever damn thing you want, and share it rather than just say "Look I got XG" "No, that sucks, I have YG"

I wholeheartedly agree. I too became obsessed with doing the most mundane things just to get a score that meant nothing. Plus the obnoxious interruption of cutscenes with the sound once you do something.

Plus the rage people get if an achievement is "glitched". I feel it has ruined gaming.

Miiverse is different as you can post whatever damn thing you want, and share it rather than just say "Look I got XG" "No, that sucks, I have YG"

You can turn notifications off. I also fail to see how someone else raging about achievements effects your own enjoyment of a game?

It doesn't. That was commentary on the state of console gaming :p

Although there is a large community for trophies/achievements they are still very much a minority in the grand scheme of things and unless you go to threads or websites that discuss them then you will very rarely see such complaints in everyday topics.

Don't get me wrong, the Miiverse community is good and it had/has potential. But i dislike the lack of decent comments, it's all "images, drawn words etc" and many people simply saying "Yeah" to whatever decent comments are made.

I'm the same, i just check to see what my friends are doing/have done online and i might leave a comment in one of the communities (maybe)

Its a bit like facebook for me.

Absolute shite on it but addictive to nosy what people are up to.

I don't disagree with you about the Xbox/PS3 implementation of achievements. In fact, I'm suggesting much the same as you are - that achievements should be player-led and flexible, not be intrusive or require cumbersome apps. Miiverse is simply not up to the job, its too simple and too broad - ultimately just noise. Things get lost way too easily.

For Miiverse to be able to offer an alternative to those 'traditional' achievements each game needs a huge number of 'tags' and stat tracking. If I do something - anything - that I want to share on Miiverse the system should be aware of its context whatever it is; number of steps to complete a level or jumps, hits, damage or I beat a Goomba in a particularly brilliant way or defeat a boss with as few shots as possible - Miiverse should be able to identify how I did it, share it automatically and set it as a challenge for others. As a player, I should then be able see these (or search/filter them) in Miiverse and jump straight into the game at that point. Maybe that's too much of an undertaking, I don't know.

Ignoring my wish list, Miiverse just doesn't work at a fundemental level. Its embarrassingly slow and even where developers try to streamline the process it actually ends up being even slower (NFS, W101 - both leave me wondering 'has it crashed'?). Its often full of bullshit which I certainly don't 'empathise' with. It's actually no better than 3DS Image Share posting on Twitter.

The mobile site/forthcoming apps won't bring anything to the experience either. Its just so awkward to identify what's going on because games lack the amount of in-game tags to add context to posts and Miiverse seems to lack the ability to filter tags anyway so its near impossible for me to identify stuff.

Nearly a year in and Miiverse is as shit as it ever was.

Nearly a year in and Miiverse is as shit as it ever was.

But its the killer app for the Wii U, Reggie said so. :laughing:

Wow. People are dissin' Miiverse now? :blank:

Well, I guess this is what happens if you deprive your customers from a steady flow of entertaining software. :heh:

I do not understand the Miiverse hate. It is useful and innovating, and in smaller doses, lots of fun!