NEurope
Murr

Call of Duty: Ghosts

That's just horrific...

I'll get this game if all my friends do since multiplayer with friends is a good laugh, but otherwise I'm not intending on it

Hmm, the reviews seem to be coming out pretty early, aren't they usually a Midnight the day of launch affair? Is Activision feeling the heat of the competition and trying to get the lead on the hype?

Hmm, the reviews seem to be coming out pretty early, aren't they usually a Midnight the day of launch affair? Is Activision feeling the heat of the competition and trying to get the lead on the hype?

Did you watch that video before posting it?

36049371.jpg

So who's buying this today then?

...no one? Ok then. :D

Actually the reviews for this one are only about 'on-par' I'm only getting it on launch because I should be getting it for around £22.50 if Tesco are doing their usual deal.

I actually like that there is so little hype for this, it's the way it should be after COD has been around for so long, but I trust that it'll at least be entertaining while it lasts which is all I ever ask or expect from it. :p

It certainly does feel strange not being hyped and picking up a Call of Duty title on launch night/Day (which is something I've done since COD4.

My excuse is that I want it on next gen, but I won't be getting next gen till at least August next year, by which point the new COD will be well under way.

I may get this on 360 sometime next year just to play it.

Same goes for BF4.

My order is due in the next hour or so. There better be someone in to get it!

If not I'll probably just cancel and buy in a shop this evening.

Well Tesco only had a few copies left AND they weren't doing the usual deal, but I did still get it for £36 thanks to staff discount, so better than paying £44.99 for it in GAME I guess. :p

Installing now. :)

Well Tesco only had a few copies left AND they weren't doing the usual deal, but I did still get it for £36 thanks to staff discount, so better than paying £44.99 for it in GAME I guess. :p

Installing now. :)

Mine arrived according to DPD tracking. Can't wait to play it.

I didn't even realise the game was out today.

Same.

Is the dark age behind us?

I had a go at this round my mate's house today. It's okay but I'm happy I waited. Totally not worth the £40 in my opinion. Also, I didn't play the aliens game that has replaced zombies but that looks a little dumb.

I think I'll grab it if it's in some kind of deal but even on my Xbox friends list, hardly anybody's playing it. Everybody's either playing Battlefield 4 or GTA V. It shows how much times have changed.

Finally the tide has shifted and everyone in the world has stopped bumming COD just goes to show you can't constantly peddle a yearly franchise like this fatigue will always set in.

Campaign finished! :D

On Veteran... naturally. ;)

Standard stuff really but there were some nice moments including the much touted underwater level and a few 'Arrrrgh! just give me a checkpoint!' moments but it didn't give me too much trouble and it was a reasonably enjoyable experience; there will blatantly be a sequel as well. :indeed:

Will start on the multiplayer tonight! : peace:

I don't know why anyone is rejoicing over the demise of COD.

Firstly, it did over a $billion in sales on it's first day - it's hardly on its knees. What's more, it was obvious that this title would have the hardest first day of all the recent titles because many gamers will be staying away until they buy a PS4 or XBO, at which point we'll see just how well it has really done. But as it stands, it's still the second biggest game launch of the year and would have been the biggest if it were not for GTA!

Secondly, the industry needs games like COD. They are huge industry events that pull in people outside gaming. COD is a huge phenomenon and is something that bridges the gap between casual and hardcore gamers.

Finally, whether you like it or not, the games are well made and fun.

Oh the games are definitely well-made and fun... as I said the campaign was enjoyable though I know that the multiplayer is where most of the fun is at, the games may sell billions too but they still aren't among the very 'best' titles any more as that pretty much died with the first Modern Warfare which was amazing at the time...

...for a first-person shooter. :heh:

But yeah, COD is still worth playing as despite its faults each year there are enough small improvements and fun to be had to warrant purchase, though I wouldn't blame many people if they were to wait and buy it second-hand as let's not forget that you really need to buy a season-pass in the long-term if you want to get the most out of titles like this; the cost of which is the same as the game itself give or take a few pounds. :indeed:

I still like the games, but they don't mean that much to me aside from that, there's no real sense of attachment at all... I'm purely just along for the ride, this year it was a bumpy one. : peace:

let's not forget that you really need to buy a season-pass in the long-term if you want to get the most out of titles like this; the cost of which is the same as the game itself give or take a few pounds. :indeed:

I don't think that's true. I didn't have one for Black Ops 2 and just bought 2 of the map packs individually.

Played multiplayer for 2 1/2 hours in total so far and really enjoying it. Still getting to grips with things and learning the levels. Very frustrating not knowing them like the back of your hand and as some of the levels are huge this might take a while!

I don't think that's true. I didn't have one for Black Ops 2 and just bought 2 of the map packs individually.

Played multiplayer for 2 1/2 hours in total so far and really enjoying it. Still getting to grips with things and learning the levels. Very frustrating not knowing them like the back of your hand and as some of the levels are huge this might take a while!

In my experience when you play online in a group everyone seems to expect that you have the latest maps... sometimes they'll just say 'Oh it doesn't matter' when it probably does. :p But I guess you don't need them all if everyone else in your group doesn't buy the extra maps as well, it's just something I've noticed, this year in-game it says the season pass is '4000' which by conversion, assuming they mean 4000 msp which are all converted now upon redemption, the season pass probably costs around £35 I think. ::shrug:

Anyway I too had a blast on the multiplayer last night, some pretty decent maps overall :) gradually getting used to it but I mean... it's COD so it's still essentially the same with a few refinements, decent enough though... I can see myself playing this every now and then but I'm not one for being fussed about 'prestige' etc so I won't be on it every night.

Extermination(?) I find to be more enjoyable, where you have to take on load of aliens, I think this actually works better than Zombies even if it's quite similar, it just seems like a lot more thought has gone into this mode which is great. I played with some randoms last night but I'd love to have a go at it with people I actually know as I think it'd be a right laugh. :D