NEurope
Murr

Call of Duty: Ghosts

From NeoGaf -

Next CoD info leaked?

* Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.

* Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.

* Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.

* Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).

Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.

* Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.

* Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.

* Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC.

* Reveal sometime around the start of May.

ghostseszjh.jpg

20130424-070932-574x400.jpg

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/24/convincing-call-of-duty-ghost-listing-appears-on-tesco-direct/

Not sure I believe it's next gen only though.

Just done a search myself on tesco direct website and it's there.

Edited by Murr

That title had better be literal and not a metaphor for something boring.

lol , I think we all know what it's gonna be! ;)

Surprised they didn't launch a more Ghost Recon/Stealth/Tech/Shadows series before... albeit this will be none of those and probably just COD with Ghost in the name! :indeed:

Geist this won't be! :p

I wish Nintendo would consider trying it again. Such a brilliant concept, but was extremely poorly executed.

I wish Nintendo would consider trying it again. Such a brilliant concept, but was extremely poorly executed.
Nintendo in experimental new IP shocker!? ;)

lol , I think we all know what it's gonna be! ;)

Surprised they didn't launch a more Ghost Recon/Stealth/Tech/Shadows series before... albeit this will be none of those and probably just COD with Ghost in the name! :indeed:

Ahh.. Geist is one of those games I only picked up in the last few years and have never managed to really get into it :hmm:

I really should give that game another go..

Various outlets are disagreeing on consoles. Many (including Engadget & Eurogamer) include Wii U, we have the Wii U boxart which was the first that leaked, yet the press release doesn't list it.

The official site also has an upload for a Wii U boxart (http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/hub/ghosts/preorder/boxart/boxart_standard_wii.png), but has the 360 boxart uploaded to it

Various outlets are disagreeing on consoles. Many (including Engadget & Eurogamer) include Wii U, we have the Wii U boxart which was the first that leaked, yet the press release doesn't list it.

The official site also has an upload for a Wii U boxart (http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/hub/ghosts/preorder/boxart/boxart_standard_wii.png), but has the 360 boxart uploaded to it

A Wii U version is all but assured. Activision just isn't giving out information on it yet...

http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-ghosts-wii-u-version-not-announced-console-left-out-again

Update: Here is the official response we received from an Activision representative.

We don’t have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we aren’t dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned.

Well at least one publisher considers the Wii U to be a next gen machine :)

I'll be interested to see what they do since I haven't played CoD since the first Modern Warfare 2.

A bit of animation now qualifies as a "dynamic loading screen"?

Zeitgeist it will be.

The original MW revolutionised the online shooter (and actually had a decent campaign), MW2 made it bat-shit crazy in both a good and slightly shitty way, and Blops nailed the formula. Now there's nowhere for that formula to go. MW3 was atrocious, haven't played Blops 2 but I imagine it's equally dire. The ludicrous amounts of customization options coupled with the irreparable imbalance in the maps has made it a thoroughly irritating experience.

ShopTo just posted this:

Due to contractual issues and delivery policy agreement with Activision, ShopTo have decided not to list Call of Duty: Ghosts for pre order as we do not feel that we can maintain our high standards of release date delivery (99% delivery on release date).

We will inform you if there are any changes to this in due course.

Interesting

I'd love for Activision to explain what is wrong with a few people getting the game a day early? I got Modern Warfare 2 four days early.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

Interesting although I think it would be a bad move NOT to release it on the consoles we have now. You'd still have people who won't buy the next-gen consoles straight away such as myself. I can't see it solely being released for just next-gen, that would be shit!

I'm glad they haven't released "Modern Warfare 4" and started a new series instead. Modern Warfare started to get boring and 3 got boring pretty fast.

I'm still waiting for a time when COD will actually release a game where every single zombies map is on one disc, I'd buy that!

If they change everything about the past 5 games then it might be ok.

This was tottally missed by my radar. Did Activision not make a big fuss over the reveal of this like they had done previously?

Only found out it was revealed when I went into Xtra-Vision (think Irish version of Blockbusters) to see how much they were selling Life of Pi of bluray (they had no stock :heh:) and saw a poster saying they were taking pre-orders on for CoD:Ghosts... was a bit confused as I didn't even know it was announced yet :heh:

I'm getting pretty sick of call of duty games. Then again, I said the same thing when black ops 2 came out and I still bought it. I'm not gonna screw up this time!

Yeah the new engine can handle twice as many suns as before.

oh shit that is terrible

that said it looked more interesting than MW/BO so may actually buy it....for PC