madeinbeats

Wii U VC

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is coming on January 7th

CWb4G3BWoAAGTEF.jpg

Excellent! Glad to see the best 2D Mario come to the Wii U eShop! :D

Excellent! Glad to see the best 2D Mario come to the Wii U eShop! :D

:o

Such blasphemy

We all know New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U is the best 2D Mario game

:o

Such blasphemy

We all know New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U is the best 2D Mario game

Well that's an interesting opinion...

I mean, you're wrong; like 100% wrong, but it's interesting ;)

Hell I'd rate NSMB2 over NSMBU myself. U was tremendously disappointing for me (NSLU was great though, way better than NSMBU). The level design is just kind of lacking. NSMB Wii's levels were amasingly well designed though! They're just incredible! (And they're just as fun in 4 player as in single player! That's an incredible feat that most people don't appreciate!)

Edited by Dcubed

Well that's an interesting opinion...

I mean, you're wrong; like 100% wrong, but it's interesting ;)

Hell I'd rate NSMB2 over NSMBU myself. U was tremendously disappointing for me (NSLU was great though, way better than NSMBU). The level design is just kind of lacking. NSMB Wii's levels were amasingly well designed though! They're just incredible! (And they're just as fun in 4 player as in single player! That's an incredible feat that most people don't appreciate!)

You're clearly drunk. The level design in New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U is top notch. It's only presentation (graphics and sound) where it got let down.

For 2D Marios it goes

NSMBU+NSLU > NSMBW > SMB3 > NSMB2 > SMW > SML2 > NSMB > SMB:LL > SMB > SML > SMB2

NSMB2 > SMW

I can scarcely believe my eyes.. :eek: Someone's been hitting the mulled wine a little early..

I can scarcely believe my eyes.. :eek: Someone's been hitting the mulled wine a little early..

lol. As if there's any 2D Mario better than SMW.

I give NSMB2 the boost because of how it changes the way you approach levels

New Super Mario Bros 2 is the worst Mario platformer there is. Awful, boring game!!!! Every other one is incredible!

You're clearly drunk.

Someone's been hitting the mulled wine a little early..

Never heard of this drinking game before... To be fair I can see how one might need alcohol before playing a New Super Mario Bros game.

screen-shot-2013-01-03-at-12.29.42-pm-2.png

SMW > SMB >>>> anything with "New" in it.

:santa:

Oh my God! An actual Square Enix game on the Wii U VC! HALLELULIA!! :yay:

More please! (And can we get some more from the Enix side this time? It's criminal that we never got Actraiser 2 or any of the Soul Blazer trilogy on the Wii VC!)

Edited by Dcubed

The year of miracles just keeps on delivering!

Insta-buy! Mario 64 DS only adds to the awesome!

Any time I think about buying a game in future, I'm going to need to remind myself that I still have stuff like Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X on the Wii VC to tackle, amongst others. I could probably survive never buying another game ever :heh:

I'd totally buy Super Mario 64 DS if it was on 3DS, though! DS games not being on the 3DS VC is insane..

Any time I think about buying a game in future, I'm going to need to remind myself that I still have stuff like Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X on the Wii VC to tackle, amongst others. I could probably survive never buying another game ever :heh:

I'd totally buy Super Mario 64 DS if it was on 3DS, though! DS games not being on the 3DS VC is insane..

It makes technological sense though due to how DS games work on the 3DS

Have you completed these before? If not, you need to stop playing other games immediately and play Chrono Trigger.

Well, I agree you should go play Chrono Trigger, I disagree that it is of utmost importance. It's an extremely solid game I just wasn't personally enthralled by it.... I say as I'm currently replaying it again (on the DS for the first time though), while simultaneously reading an LP of the game.

Actually the LP is interesting. It's a low level run, Crono at level 1 and everyone else strategically being killed and or switched out of the party to earn as little XP as possible. A certain boss took him 3 hours to beat....

So, Japan is getting Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 next week and apparently it contains all the e-Reader stage content.

I really hope we get that. Those levels were fun and the reason I imported from the US

Edited by Serebii

Another VC game on Christmas Eve

I bet they won't map the touch screen analogue controls to the analogue stick.

So, Japan is getting Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 next week and apparently it contains all the e-Reader stage content.

I really hope we get that. Those levels were fun and the reason I imported from the US

Woohoo! Awesome!

Hope we get the levels unlocked in the EU version... The e-reader functions were completely removed in the EU version IIRC, so it'll be interesting to see if they give us the US version, or if they modify the EU version to restore access to the e-Reader content...

Also, will the US version include the e-Reader levels that remained Japan exclusive? I remember that someone managed to modify the e-Reader barcodes to make them compatible with the US version and that someone managed to make US save files that contained the JPN only levels, so it's definitely possible...

Edited by Dcubed

Woohoo! Awesome!

Hope we get the levels unlocked in the EU version... The e-reader functions were completely removed in the EU version IIRC, so it'll be interesting to see if they give us the US version, or if they modify the EU version to restore access to the e-Reader content...

Also, will the US version include the e-Reader levels that remained Japan exclusive? I remember that someone managed to modify the e-Reader barcodes to make them compatible with the US version and that someone managed to make US save files that contained the JPN only levels, so it's definitely possible...

There's only one way to make sure we get it...to Miiverse!

Have you completed these before? If not, you need to stop playing other games immediately and play Chrono Trigger.

I'm about half way through Paper Mario but barely touched the rest. I'll get there, eventually :heh:

I've never actually played it. Has it aged badly?

The only RPG ever made that I would say is as good as Chrono Trigger is Xenoblade.

They're polar opposites really, but they are the apex of the genre. Simple as :D

It's a fantastic game and hasn't aged at all. It's certainly up there with the best Final Fantasy games.