NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I hope I am not in the wrong topic.

As I have said, I have bought Xenoblade Chronicles.

Firstly, the game is more then playable on TV. Now, I don't know if I don't remember it correctly, or the improvements are to see (I did read that if you calibrate your TV a bit it does look better on the WiiU compared to the Wii version, even if the Wii U doesn't actually do much to improve it, but has to do something with upscaling). Also, I didn't really give the Wii version the chance and the first sequence is darker so everything looked worse then it probably was, plus the tips (manual) that pops out is even darker which stopped me from continuing.

Also, I wasn't that hyped about this game when I have first tried it as I didn't know anything about it, while now I am willing to give it a propper chance (actually I will probably play it properly now as I want to finish both Xenoblade games).

When it comes to gamepad, which was my biggest concern, the game looks exactly the way I hoped it will, so I am very happy about it as most of the times I will play it on the gampe (even if I have decided to play it on TV as often as I can).

The only thing I have to get used to is the fighting system.

I am quite glad I've got the game.

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34542-1.jpg

Contra Advance

Medabots AX

Mega Man Battle Network 5

This edition features some excellent write-ups by Dcubed including some video footage.

And me stating how I'd rather be playing Phantasy Star Online instead of Mega Man Battle Network 5, no really! :heh:

(I find the MMBN series very easy to get burnt-out on after a short while)

Anyway a lot of work went into this edition one way or another so...

Enjoy!

: peace:

Game & Watch Gallery Advance and Polarium Advance this week

Ahh! I love this game! Boxing is a brilliant little pick-up and play G&W title! : peace:

Never played Polarium Advance, but I've played the DS original. It's ok, not bad. Not amazing, but not bad.

Ahh! I love this game! Boxing is a brilliant little pick-up and play G&W title! : peace:

Yeah, Boxing is pretty great. But personally, I prefer G&W Zelda!

Of course, you wouldn't know, you've never played it.

And practically nobody ever will. The unlock requirements are insane! :shakehead

G&W Zelda is amazing! :D

And practically nobody ever will. The unlock requirements are insane! :shakehead

Unless you own the real thing... ;)

I'm fortunate enough to not only own the Zelda Game & Watch once but twice! :)

I've had the original for about fifteen years now as I was lucky to have been offered it for around £20 at the time - unboxed naturally - and I picked up the more portable re-release for a couple of quid a good few years after that. : peace:

But yes, the requirments for unlocking it in Game & Watch Gallery Advance do seem to be bordering on the insane! :blank:

One hundred and sixty stars? :indeed: I'm pretty sure that I didn't unlock Zelda in my original copy, not even close... though I might actually be tempted to try and aim for it on the VC version, it would be well suited to Gamepad play and probably even better on the big screen so you can actually see what you're doing. :heh:

It's easily one of the best ways to at least get to experience so many brilliant Game & Watch games in any case, definitely the most cost-effective versus buying the real thing. : peace:

I might get around to posting some pictures of my Game & Watch collection at some point...

G&W Zelda is amazing! :D

brofist.gif

Appropriate Gif for incredibly nerdy, yet awesome sentence!

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34547-11.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

This edition features one original review along with a rewrite of my original Spirit Tracks review from back in the day. :)

Not exactly my finest hour but not bad for an afternoon's work. ;)

We'll have a substantial selection of reviews for you sometime before Christmas though featuring Ninja's and NES games galore! :D

(Though the week before that it will be Animal Crossing Wild World... just a heads-up)

Also just in case anyone wanted to pick up Kirby Mass Attack and Power Paintbrush don't forget the offer is on until tomorrow afternoon when Game & Watch Gallery Advance and Polarium Advance go up for sale. (I think)

Enjoy!

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/248661-japan-drill-dozer-wii-u-vc-release-to-include-rumble

Drill Dozer is coming to the Japanese Virtual Console... WITH RUMBLE SUPPORT!!

Well that's a good sign for the likes of Wario Ware Twisted if they're going out of their way to emulate the special cartridge add on features :)

Though it does call into question why the Game Boy Player Rumble feature wasn't supported in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Pokemon Pinball R&S... I get that they work differently from Drill Dozer, but still...

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/248661-japan-drill-dozer-wii-u-vc-release-to-include-rumble

Drill Dozer is coming to the Japanese Virtual Console... WITH RUMBLE SUPPORT!!

Well that's a good sign for the likes of Wario Ware Twisted if they're going out of their way to emulate the special cartridge add on features :)

Though it does call into question why the Game Boy Player Rumble feature wasn't supported in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Pokemon Pinball R&S... I get that they work differently from Drill Dozer, but still...

I was about to say this bodes well for the DS games that supported the Rumble Pak but I already know that it doesn't! Star Fox Command is already released and that would have had it. :(

I was about to say this bodes well for the DS games that supported the Rumble Pak but I already know that it doesn't! Star Fox Command is already released and that would have had it. :(

Yeah, it seems that they're only interested in emulating the special hardware that was built inside of the carts themselves, rather than add ons and other hardware, like the GBPlayer functions.

Looking forward to Boktai on the VC, where you have you bring your Gamepad outside and have your camera facing the bright sun to play it properly :laughing:

Looking forward to Boktai on the VC, where you have you bring your Gamepad outside and have your camera facing the bright sun to play it properly :laughing:

You can just see it now...

*walks three meters away from the Wii U console*

Gamepad is out of range! :indeed:

Or... you'd have to place the gamepad on the window ledge to get some sunlight, then play with the pro controller.

Which would be great until it falls off and smashes into pieces. :p

This week:

Nintendo 64

Mario Tennis

Nintendo DS

New Super Mario Bros.

GBA

Onimusha Tactics

In case you've all forgotten, Mario Tennis 64 is the US 60hz version. So buy it without hesitation! : peace:

In case you've all forgotten, Mario Tennis 64 is the US 60hz version. So buy it without hesitation! : peace:

It's also better value for money than the Wii U version :p

N-Europe Presents

VC Weekly

content-4-34551-5.jpg

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Just a quick review of Animal Crossing: Wild World in this edition.

VCW #364 will definitely be more substantial.

Enjoy!

Mother 3 is now out on the VC in Japan and the Miiverse community is up...

You know what to do...

Mother 3 is now out on the VC in Japan and the Miiverse community is up...

You know what to do...

Let the begging begin! ;)

Looks like the Japan VC store is getting Final Fantasy VI ( GBA ) next week. Man, their library is so much better than ours. :(

Looks like the Japan VC store is getting Final Fantasy VI ( GBA ) next week. Man, their library is so much better than ours. :(

Really annoys me that Square Enix are not bothering outside of Japan. I want Secret of Mana :(