NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

That is not a VC game. VC is getting nothing this week...

I don't like where this is going... I hope that it's just because there's a lot of other stuff coming out this week...

Oh ya, you're right. My bad. Brain fart! Not really a great week of releases again.

I know it's besides the point but at least this 'gap' in the release schedule is giving me a chance to catch up with all of the releases we've had in the previous weeks, at this rate I should be back up to date soon. :)

Personally I think releases will be back on form next week, more N64 games I reckon plus some DS titles, followed by maybe some NES and GBA titles the following week, with maybe a SNES blowout - well, two games maybe - the week after that.

That'd do! : peace:

For now... :heh:

I don't like where this is going... I hope that it's just because there's a lot of other stuff coming out this week...

Have you finished Mario 64, DK64, MK DS and WarioWare Touched yet?

How is a Wii game not a VC game?!

It's because it runs the Wii games in Wii mode and you don't have the benefit of creating respore points or accessing Miiverse directly from the game.

I think it's because we had 4 on launch of the N64/DS VC while other regions had less

I think it's because we had 4 on launch of the N64/DS VC while other regions had less

I hope so, cause I really don't want to see them start to slow down the rate of releases again... I still have sour memories of how the release schedule for the Wii VC started dying down...

Have you finished Mario 64, DK64, MK DS and WarioWare Touched yet?

Lol, very true! I haven't the time to play everything anyway :laughing:

I hope so, cause I really don't want to see them start to slow down the rate of releases again... I still have sour memories of how the release schedule for the Wii VC started dying down...

Lol, very true! I haven't the time to play everything anyway :laughing:

Well don't forget that they are almost out of NES and SNES titles

Well don't forget that they are almost out of NES and SNES titles

Plenty of 3rd party titles already available in other regions to go on those systems. And then there's GBA (as well as N64 and DS obviously), where there are still tons of 1st party titles (let alone the massive amount of 3rd party titles that they could release) still to go...

Either way, Natsume are due to release 8 GBA VC games starting from June, so I'm probably worrying over nothing right now... I hope :p

Really struggling to get into Donkey Kong 64 :/

Don't say that... :(

I'm just about to start playing it tonight finally after hopefully nabbing the last 8 stars in Super Mario 64 which I've been playing on and off. :p

Perhaps DK64 is one of those titles which takes a level or two to get into, I know it can be seen as a very polarising game.

In fairness I might be the same way when playing it tonight as this will be the... first... time... I've ever properly played it. :blush:

What can I say? Most of my time with the N64 was taken up with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day... in addition to the usual Nintendo First Party classics. :)

I intend to play DK64 to the end this time though. : peace:

DK64 took me a bit to get into (having previously enjoyed both SM64 and BK64) but I think you really need to just give it a bit more time - at least until you unlock a new character. I found the new characters just added that whole bigger element to the game, and you've already noticed some of the things they can get(it's a bit metroidy in that way I guess, seeing things before you can get/to them).

It just feels so sluggish. Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie all feel quick and responsive, but DK64 is just so slow

Really struggling to get into Donkey Kong 64 :/

Have you altered the controls at all?

Have you altered the controls at all?

Only my usual shifting of B * A to Y & B to match N64 layout

Only my usual shifting of B * A to Y & B to match N64 layout

I find it easier setting both ZL and ZR as the Z button (change the menu to -). Also, map C left and C right to the face buttons, which makes the guns and grenades easier to use.

Essentially, I use the Banjo-Kazooie XBLA controls.

It just feels so sluggish. Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie all feel quick and responsive, but DK64 is just so slow

DK64 is slower than the games you mentioned. It took a little while to get used to playing it again, especially coming off of Mario 64.

I don't really class it as a platformer and more of an open world adventure type game.

DK64 is slower than the games you mentioned. It took a little while to get used to playing it again, especially coming off of Mario 64.

I don't really class it as a platformer and more of an open world adventure type game.

Yeah, same here. There's actually not much in the way of platforming at all really :p

BK and BT are pretty light on the actual platforming side as well, but DK64 has barely any at all really.

Never really liked DK 64.

It's so repetitive, some of the mini-games are just plain frustrating, controls are nowhere near as tight as Banjo-Tooie. Most of the game is just forgettable.

The multiplayer was pretty decent, only because the sloppy controls made everyone useless and it causes a whole bunch of laughs.

The final boss is also very memorable, but it's too much crap to go through just to see it.

It's definitely Rare's worst N64 offering.

371418-913923_44549_front.jpg

I really wanted that back in the day. Along with that South Park Kart game.

Well played...

To be fair though, I've never played that game. So DK 64 is Rare's worst offering that I've played.

It's still bad.

You know what? For what it's worth, it's actually pretty good for what it is!

For a licensed Disney racing game that was clearly made on a budget, under no doubt very strict licensing rules, it's actually pretty good! It even follows the Mickey Ears mandate! On the N64! That's pretty damn impressive!

I mean, it's no masterpiece by any stretch, but it's not half bad actually!

You know what? For what it's worth, it's actually pretty good for what it is!

For a licensed Disney racing game that was clearly made on a budget, under no doubt very strict licensing rules, it's actually pretty good! It even follows the Mickey Ears mandate! On the N64! That's pretty damn impressive!

I mean, it's no masterpiece by any stretch, but it's not half bad actually!

I thought it was absolute garbage, especially when you had 2 great racers in MK64 and DKR already on the platform. Yup, easily their worst game on the N64, although Killer Instinct Gold was pretty bad as well.

I thought it was absolute garbage, especially when you had 2 great racers in MK64 and DKR already on the platform. Yup, easily their worst game on the N64, although Killer Instinct Gold was pretty bad as well.

After the wonderful kart handling of MK64, i thought that DKR karts handled too floaty and imprecise to be any good, the drifting in particular was especially twitchy. Mickey's, whilst being bland due to that licence, karts handled superbly and had a more realistic feel of driving F1 cars around the track. If the DKR karts handled like those in Mickey's Speedway, then MK64 would have been beaten, alas not to be.