NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Looks like Minish Cap is set to be released in the US soon.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap is coming soon to the North American Wii U Virtual Console. Nintendo put up an official game page for the title today, signaling a release in the near future. No exact date yet, but expect it soon!

I hope ours isn't too far behind as I loooooooooove Minish Cap.

I wonder if we will get the US version or the EU one? The EU version had a couple of bugs that were fixed for the US version, one of which locked you out of finishing a sidequest.

Looks like Minish Cap is set to be released in the US soon.

I hope ours isn't too far behind as I loooooooooove Minish Cap.

I wonder if we will get the US version or the EU one? The EU version had a couple of bugs that were fixed for the US version, one of which locked you out of finishing a sidequest.

Yeah that's a big ? for me too... We got the US version of Golden Sun rather than the EU one (Which is NOT a good thing BTW, since it means that the rest of Europe don't get FIGS language support, which is shameful :mad: )

I don't really want to see that happen again, but I must admit that I would like to try the US version with its various bug fixes, subtle alterations and typo fixes...

Same goes for Super Mario Advance 4 (I would want the eReader exclusive levels) and Tales of Phantasia (The US version was colour corrected to match the original SNES version, while the EU version wasn't).

On the flipside, the EU version of Final Fantasy 4 Advance is much improved over the US version. So rightfully you'd hope that the US would get that version instead of the original one that they got...

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah that's a big ? for me too... We got the US version of Golden Sun rather than the EU one (Which is NOT a good thing BTW, since it means that the rest of Europe don't get FIGS language support, which is shameful :mad: )

Do we know why? Seems like the complete opposite of what they normally do. ::shrug:

Do we know why? Seems like the complete opposite of what they normally do. ::shrug:

Not sure, but I think they're just looking to cheap out on QA testing...

Unlike most GBA games which came as Multi5 (all 5 languages on one cart), Golden Sun had all 5 languages released on seperate carts originally (presumably due to space limitations).

I reckon they probably didn't want to have to pay for the work to get 5 different versions of the game QA tested, when they could just be cheap and re-use the US version everywhere... It's scummy, but sadly sensible if they're looking to save some money :(

Next week, bitches!

The Legend of #Zelda: The Minish Cap arrives on #WiiU Virtual Console on 29th May! Vaati must be stopped

The Wii U Virtual Console market is shaping up nicely with these awesome GBA games. Klonoa this week, one of my favourite Zelda games next week... I love it!

Keep 'em coming, Nintendo!

Doesn't everyone have Minish Cap on their 3DS?

I do. But I would like to play it on my TV, with proper 160>960 scaling! But I won't buy it again since I have the GBA cart, and the Ambassador copy, unless Nintendo sort ut cross-platform purchases. I would pay €1-2 to upgrade though, like from Wii VC to Wii U VC.

Sounds like they used the PAL ROM for Minish Cap. Should be interesting to see if they fixed the bugs.

Sounds like they used the PAL ROM for Minish Cap. Should be interesting to see if they fixed the bugs.

Supposedly they haven't, according to folks on Miiverse (not surprised TBH).

Sucks, but at least it means that mainland Europe get their FIGS language support (which is obviously more important).

Of course they could just let us choose what version we want, but that makes too much sense clearly... :blank:

Forgive me, but what are the bugs the PAL version had?

Dunno how many there are ( apparently there are quite a few ) but the one that sticks out to me is one involving a kinstone fusion. Can't remember the specifics but it stops you from finishing a sidequest.

A bomb bag upgrade is missing completely, which doesn't matter too much to me.

There's a missing whirlwind somewhere but doesn't stop you from reaching the area.

The main one is the Kingstones one Hero mentioned but I don't think I encountered it before, but sounds easy to trigger.

Ok, read up on it and will be sure to use savestates to their full capability when kinstoning :)

IIRC there's one character (Eenie) that if you try to do Kinstone fusion with and then go back out of it before fusing (quite easily doable if you don't happen to have the right stone at the time), the game counts is as being done and you can never get the chance to do it ever again. You don't actually need this Kinstone Fusion to finish the game, but it's something that drives completionists nuts!

There's also a few typos here and there, as well as the missing bomb bag upgrade which is supposed to be purchasable in the shop, but never actually appears, as well as some smaller minor stuff (like being able to warp from on top of the Wind Tribe's home, when you're not supposed to be able to).

The EU version was basically a beta build that was rushed out to fill a release schedule gap after the DS' launch was delayed to 2005 over here. Even the Japanese version (which came out only a week or so after the EU version got released) featured these bug fixes.

It's a shame that we're not getting the fixed US version, but I can understand why. These are only minor issues in general really and it is the version we got originally...

Edited by Dcubed

IIRC there's one character (Eenie) that if you try to do Kinstone fusion with and then go back out of it before fusing (quite easily doable if you don't happen to have the right stone at the time), the game counts is as being done and you can never get the chance to do it ever again. You don't actually need this Kinstone Fusion to finish the game, but it's something that drives completionists nuts!

There's also a few typos here and there, as well as the missing bomb bag upgrade which is supposed to be purchasable in the shop, but never actually appears, as well as some smaller minor stuff (like being able to warp from on top of the Wind Tribe's home, when you're not supposed to be able to).

The EU version was basically a beta build that was rushed out to fill a release schedule gap after the DS' launch was delayed to 2005 over here. Even the Japanese version (which came out only a week or so after the EU version got released) featured these bug fixes.

It's a shame that we're not getting the fixed US version, but I can understand why. These are only minor issues in general really and it is the version we got originally...

I read it stopped the Goron quest...

I read it stopped the Goron quest...

Yeah, it does.

It stops a fusion that would have summoned a Goron to help smash a wall down.

Wario Land 4 this week

And a mightily fine game it is. One of the GBA's very best! :D

Why are we getting all the Ambassador games on VC? i don't feel like replacing the game for WiiU unless miraculously nintendo start doing cross saves so i can play on 3ds then switch to WiiU (it will NEVER happen)

Why are we getting all the Ambassador games on VC? i don't feel like replacing the game for WiiU unless miraculously nintendo start doing cross saves so i can play on 3ds then switch to WiiU (it will NEVER happen)

Well ambassador games are glitchy, not emulated, and most of all...not on Wii U...

Edited by Serebii

Its a personal hang up i know, i don't want to triple dip and i'm not overly bothered for the benefit of save states

but man i'd love cross buy/save on Nintendo Consoles, i'd probably buy them if that was on offer