NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I can't wait to play this again! :D

It has been a while since this was released on the Wii VC as well, interestingly it will be the first time it has been reviewed in VC Weekly as well because N-E didn't start reviewing the games on a regular basis until a few months after the launch of the Virtual Console.

We'll soon set that right though. : peace:

Also, as an aside I can't wait to play proper battle mode again. :heart:

Also, as an aside I can't wait to play proper battle mode again. :heart:

I can't tell you just how much I miss playing a proper Battle Mode in Mario Kart! The SNES and N64 versions are the only ones I really enjoyed but, sadly, the opportunity to play these in multiplayer is almost completely gone :hmm:

If Nintendo could forget about trying to get 12 players battling at once online and take it all back to basics, an N-Europe Battle League for Mario Kart 9 would be most welcome with the return of classics such as Block Fort and Double Deck :yay:

I just shuddered at the thought of them 2D models in HD. Ah well, should still be fun.

The US gets Super Mario Advance 4 this week.

Hopefully its not too long before it hits these shores. I'm eager to try those e-reader levels.

I wonder if it'll include the Japanese exclusive levels... (Only half of the Level eReader cards were actually released in the US, the other half remained Japanese exclusive originally...)

More importantly... we had better get the eReader levels this time around here in Europe!

I wonder if it'll include the Japanese exclusive levels... (Only half of the Level eReader cards were actually released in the US, the other half remained Japanese exclusive originally...)

More importantly... we had better get the eReader levels this time around here in Europe!

Going to be so pissed if not. My sister's friend borrowed my US copy of the GBA game and never gave it back :(

Oh wow!

The VC version of SMA4 in the US does include the JPN only eCard levels! :D

So even if you imported the US version and the eCards/Reader back in the day, this does include content that is new to you! :)

Europe please! I've only played half of the eReader levels! I've always wanted to play the JPN only ones! :D

Edited by Dcubed

If the VC release does include the e reader levels the. I'd be tempted to get it as I already have SMB3 downloaded anyway.

Oh it's even better!

includes all 38 of the regular and promotional/special e-Reader levels that Japan got

The promo levels are included as well! So that means that you get the promo only levels like Airship's Revenge as well! Every single eCard level ever released in all regions is included! :D

For reference, the original SMB has 32 levels. So this is basically a completely new Mario game's worth of levels for most of us here!

BTW, for those wondering about the eCard exclusive items like the Cape, I'm pretty certain that they're obtainable within World e and can be brought into the main game as well... Edit: Nope, never mind. Misremembering. You can indeed get the items like the Cape, but you can't take them out of World e and into the main game :p

Edited by Dcubed

Noticed something with Mario Kart 64. No darkness filter on TV (my TV is calibrated well). Very little on the GamePad. However, when it comes to Miiverse shots, they're dark as hell. Even when looked at on the TV it's dark.

I'm interested because of the extra levels, but that video of SMB3 looks like it's a typical virtual console dark as hell release. I honestly have a hard time looking at that video :/

I'm interested because of the extra levels, but that video of SMB3 looks like it's a typical virtual console dark as hell release. I honestly have a hard time looking at that video :/

GBA games were artificially lightened in order to counter the lack of backlight on the original GBA. The dark filter is to bring it back to normal

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance this week

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance this week!

At last! We're finally getting Square Enix games on the VC!!! :yay:

And this is one I've always wanted to play to boot! :D

What's it similar to? I think the name is making me think it's like Advance Wars...

What's it similar to? I think the name is making me think it's like Advance Wars...

It's more similar to Fire Emblem but with a top-down isometric perspective. :)

If you like SRPG's and you enjoy a bit of Final Fantasy then you'll surely like it. :D

What do you think? Are you going to dazzybee it dazzybee? ;)

I'm going to purchase it without hesitation! : peace:

It's more similar to Fire Emblem but with a top-down isometric perspective. :)

If you like SRPG's and you enjoy a bit of Final Fantasy then you'll surely like it. :D

What do you think? Are you going to dazzybee it dazzybee? ;)

I'm going to purchase it without hesitation! : peace:

Ha, well i love Fire Emblem so I may add it to my ever growing wishlist as I'm a new me now and not buying everything that comes out on every device I own...

Were you thinking of Tactics Ogre?

Edited by Ike

GBA games were artificially lightened in order to counter the lack of backlight on the original GBA. The dark filter is to bring it back to normal

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance this week

Edit: nevermind trying to argue about this. I am simply baffled that you had to make up a completely weird, out of place excuse for this.

Edited by Miharin

Edit: nevermind trying to argue about this. I am simply baffled that you had to make up a completely weird, out of place excuse for this.

It's not an excuse, he's quite right.

JnxqIzVgEj-eQqnAdLPtHQ

The GBA was quite notorious for its overly dark screen.

As such, developers would compensate for it by cranking up the brightness of the graphics in their games to compensate...

Here's a quick and lazy example of what they did with Super Mario World when they ported it to the GBA... (both shots were taken from PC emulators)

Here's the SNES original...

Super_Mario_World_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg

and here's the GBA version...

super-mario-advance-2-2.jpg

... you see the difference? The GBA version is not actually supposed to look that bright when it is viewed on an actual GBA screen; it's supposed to look closer to the SNES version.

That's why Nintendo dial down the brightness on GBA VC games, to give them their actual intended look and feel on a modern display.

Edited by Dcubed

I see you can't post screenshots on Miiverse when playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Well that just sucks. :(