NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Since I just completed Donkey Kong '94 on the 3DS VC, I'm really looking forward to getting back into the GBA one.

I'm just wondering how many people will play the GBA game for the first time and think "What the hell is this platforming nonsense!?"

Anyway, considering Mario Vs DK GBA, the only game in that series I actually like.

Sigh... Nothing again this week :(

I'd guess that it's probably because there's a lot of other stuff coming out this week on Wii U (including Skylanders - which they have a partnership with Activision for with the Bowser/DK cameos)

Anyone know why Sega have yet to release their MegaDrive Sonic games on the Wii U VC?

Anyone know why Sega have yet to release their MegaDrive Sonic games on the Wii U VC?

giphy.gif

Big haul this week

Mario Golf (N64) €9.99 / £8.99

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES) €7.99 / £5.49

Dig Dug II (NES) €4.99 / £3.49

Pocky & Rocky with Becky (GBA) €6.99 / £6.29

Mario Sports Mix (Wii) €14.99 / £13.49until 15/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €19.99 / £17.99

Big haul this week

Mario Golf (N64) €9.99 / £8.99

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES) €7.99 / £5.49

Dig Dug II (NES) €4.99 / £3.49

Pocky & Rocky with Becky (GBA) €6.99 / £6.29

Mario Sports Mix (Wii) €14.99 / £13.49until 15/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €19.99 / £17.99

Wow! Now THAT's more like it! :D After a depressing few weeks, this is much appreciated!

The most important question though.... Is Mario Golf 50hz or 60hz?

Wow! Now THAT's more like it! :D After a depressing few weeks, this is much appreciated!

The most important question though.... Is Mario Golf 50hz or 60hz?

PR I saw didn't mention US version for any of the titles...

Oh no...

kirk1.gif

Don't do this to me NOE... I want to be able to play Mario Golf off TV...

Oh no...

kirk1.gif

Aren't all of Mario Golf's N64 courses available to download in World Tour on 3DS? That may be the preferable option for a lot of people, despite how outstanding the original N64 game is :hehe:

Aren't all of Mario Golf's N64 courses available to download in World Tour on 3DS? That may be the preferable option for a lot of people, despite how outstanding the original N64 game is :hehe:

He doesn't want it for the courses, he wants it for the greatest character in the history of Mario Golf.

maple_01_150_cw150_ch150_thumb.png

Bow down before the immortal Maple!

Not even kidding, Maple is broken! Someone who hits that far shouldn't be able to hit so perfectly straight! The GB Version custom characters are the only ones who can do better, and even then, it's not by much.

Oh no...

kirk1.gif

See, now this is an odd one... Mario Golf isn't a text-heavy game like Paper Mario, so I don't see why they would choose the 50Hz version. Of course, this is Nintendo and they love giving us this kind of treatment, so who knows. (I wouldn't get my hopes up though)

This can still all be sorted by providing the option of choosing which version you'd want during the purchase procedure...

Yup. Maple is a BEAST!

Also, you know, Mini Golf, Speed Golf, Ring Shot, those hilarious animations and DAT SOUNDTRACK!

The N64 original is amazing!

It's Thursday, checks eShop...

This is the US version of the game

winner.jpg

Aaaaaaaand Bought! :D

Edited by Dcubed

It's Thursday, checks eShop...

winner.jpg

Aaaaaaaand Bought! :D

Wait, they updated Mario 64???

Wait, they updated Mario 64???

Ya_068775_815909.jpg

106g4dd.jpg

Nope, meant to say Mario Golf 64 :p

Mario 64 has always been the US 60hz version in Europe on Wii U. I was just a numpty :heh:

Edited by Dcubed

Pocky & Rocky With Becky is good fun! Never played the GBA game before and I don't see why it gets such a bad rap. Sure it's not as complex as the SNES games, but it's still a good game in its own right and the simplicity is nice if you just want to blast through it (not that it's easy!)

Recommended if you want some good quirky arcade style fun (also the first time it has ever gotten a release in Europe ;) )

Oh wow! I always wanted to try that game! I always regretted skipping out on it as a kid, never thought it would ever get a VC release (what with Konami's general stupidity these days)

Will cop that one for sure! :D

Huh, pocky and rocky isn't the does game?

I assume you meant to say SNES but no. This is Pocky & Rocky 3. The SNES had two Pocky & Rocky games (1 & 2) and this is a GBA exclusive sequel that never originally got an EU release.

Definitely the best Kart game on GBA. Miles better than Super Circuit.

Definitely the best Kart game on GBA. Miles better than Super Circuit.

oh-really_zps6b21092e.gif

In my eyes, that's some high praise. You better be damn sure about that. Otherwise, you're gonna have me and my angry letters of complaints to answer to.

And I'm British, so you know I can write some brutal letters of complaints.

oh-really_zps6b21092e.gif

In my eyes, that's some high praise. You better be damn sure about that. Otherwise, you're gonna have me and my angry letters of complaints to answer to.

And I'm British, so you know I can write some brutal letters of complaints.

It's true. He can. Not even Irish crisp manufacturers are safe from his wrath :laughing:

I assume you meant to say SNES but no. This is Pocky & Rocky 3. The SNES had two Pocky & Rocky games (1 & 2) and this is a GBA exclusive sequel that never originally got an EU release.

Yeah... Hmmm... reviews aren't favourable but I loved the SNES games... Bizarre, why wouldn't they release the SNES ones first?!

Natsume said some time back that Nintendo does not want to release any more SNES games on VC. It seems like it's not true, though, as we just got a SNES game last week.

Maybe they still think so, who knows.

It's true. He can. Not even Irish crisp manufacturers are safe from his wrath :laughing:

Tayto? Did he get them mixed up with Taito? :heh: