NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

It costs £1.79 I think

That is more than I was expecting, what is it even just full price? i see it's £9 Also I was wondering more in the sense of saves etc - does that all copy over with the upgrade too? I presume I'll still retain the original copy of my Wii side of the WiiU too(so essentially owning two distinct copies, one on WiiU menu and one on Wii menu)?

Edited by Rummy

That is more than I was expecting, what is it even just full price? i see it's £9 Also I was wondering more in the sense of saves etc - does that all copy over with the upgrade too? I presume I'll still retain the original copy of my Wii side of the WiiU too(so essentially owning two distinct copies, one on WiiU menu and one on Wii menu)?

Saves do not copy over and yup, you will have two copies of the game - one on the Wii menu and one on the Wii U menu.

Bah! What's the point of upgrading if the save doesn't carry over in a game like this!! Can't be throwing away all them hours I put in donkeys years ago that I can't remember now, can I?!

Yup! Those save files that you will never revisit are precious! Gotta have all four slots filled to completion! ;)

Not even gonna lie, I'm just as bad :p

Edited by Dcubed

pal version....odd

guess i'll upgrade for that

Given how text-heavy this game is, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Will get anyway. Love that game, and the Miiverse potential is through the roof!

(Yes, there should be an option to get the English-only 60 Hz version as well, but oh well...)

NES Flying Warriors & Little Ninja Borthers for NES this week. Both US versions

Big Brain Academy DS this week. Interestingly enough, it's £6.29 instead of £8.99, so it seems that the games that were originally released at budget price on Wii/DS will also be re-released at a lower price than the standard :)

This weeks Wii U VC releases.

• Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain?
  • Kirby: Mouse Attack
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - This is the US version
  • Yoshi's Touch & Go Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.

Woah! A real bumper week this week! :D

And the NTSC version of Kirby 64 too! So I can actually buy this one! :yay:

Weird that they're not making Yoshi's Touch n' Go available to purchase yet. Hope that they don't end up padding out a week's releases just to release it on its own...

Kirby Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack is nice too, even though it's one of the weaker games in the series.

Edited by Dcubed

Next Thursday, #N64 classic The Legend of #Zelda: Ocarina of Time emerges on #WiiU Virtual Console!

I honestly wasn't expecting this, seeing the 3DS remake exists.

Well, that's surprising...

3DS version is better in every way though, so giving that a miss.

The £8.99 question here is... 60hz or not?

Now normally I would assume that it would be the PAL version, but in this case there IS actually a 60hz version with the EU languages; the one that was included with the Zelda Collector's disc (likewise, there's a 60hz version of MM with the EU languages too). So rightfully they would actually go ahead and use that version if they actually wanted to be smart about this...

I guess it's 50-60, as some tend to say on this one, as Zelda I & II on EU eShop are indeed those from GC Zelda-collection. Zelda I had Gannon fixed into Ganon, but I don't know if Zelda II had anything changed.

OoT could be the GC-version, but didn't MM have problems running it back then? If it did, i doubt they would release that one.

Star Fox Command and Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console. They're both DS games. Don't know anything about SFC personally, only that I've heard bad things. Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time, however, I do know about as I've played it and it's a fantastic game. It's a definite must buy if you've never experienced it.

Star Fox Command and Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time are coming to the Wii U Virtual Console. They're both DS games. Don't know anything about SFC personally, only that I've heard bad things. Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time, however, I do know about as I've played it and it's a fantastic game. It's a definite must buy if you've never experienced it.

PiT was great, up until that stupidly long last boss fight.

Has anyone on here bought Paper Mario or Kirby yet? I've noticed some very weird flickering issues when playing these on the GamePad. At various points, both these games go light and dark, as if the stupid filter Nintendo put in the games was turning on and off. I can also replicate the problem by going to certain spots in the game and simply moving left or right.

It's not my pad as I'm sitting playing Yoshi on it and it's fine. Very strange.

I've proven to @Dcubed that all 3 forms can be beaten in around 10 minutes if you know what you're doing.

Partners In Time may be the worst of the lot, but it's still great! I will happily pick this up!

I've proven to @Dcubed that all 3 forms can be beaten in around 10 minutes if you know what you're doing.

Partners In Time may be the worst of the lot, but it's still great! I will happily pick this up!

Begrudgingly, I have to admit that he's right... He did manage to beat the final boss in PIT in less than 10 mins...:shakehead

OoT could be the GC-version, but didn't MM have problems running it back then? If it did, i doubt they would release that one.

Yeah, it used to crash as well as other issues if I remember right. It was most likely the emulator though rather than the rom. Hope MM gets released on the VC, as good as the 3DS version is, the original is still better.

Begrudgingly, I have to admit that he's right... He did manage to beat the final boss in PIT in less than 10 mins...:shakehead

Bully for him.

For the average punter though the fight is a stupidly long one that kills the final stages of the game.

I'm still not sure how I feel about DS games on the Wii U. I'm not a fan of the screen setups at all and haven't purchased another game since the launch titles.

OOT will certainly be purchased, despite the N64 flickering screen issue that seems to be happening. I could play that game another 100 times and still not be bored of it.

Has anyone on here bought Paper Mario or Kirby yet? I've noticed some very weird flickering issues when playing these on the GamePad. At various points, both these games go light and dark, as if the stupid filter Nintendo put in the games was turning on and off. I can also replicate the problem by going to certain spots in the game and simply moving left or right.

Do you play gamepad only quite a bit then?

Bully for him.

For the average punter though the fight is a stupidly long one that kills the final stages of the game.

I'm still not sure how I feel about DS games on the Wii U. I'm not a fan of the screen setups at all and haven't purchased another game since the launch titles.

OOT will certainly be purchased, despite the N64 flickering screen issue that seems to be happening. I could play that game another 100 times and still not be bored of it.

Even though you have the 3ds version? You'd still play through the n64 one? You're truly hardcore*

*mental

I have Paper Mario and definitely have not noticed this issue. Doesn't mean it's not there but it wasn't something I noticed. Though, I am NTSC completely.

Bully for him.

I say you should give it another chance.

Mix Flowers for when you need to hit multiple targets, and then wail on single targets with Copy Flowers. That's all you need.

You'd be amazed at how much damage you can do with the right equipment and enough practice.

Even though you have the 3ds version? You'd still play through the n64 one? You're truly hardcore*

*mental

DCubed will do the exact same thing if it's 60 Hz.

I really have trouble with N64 graphics and as much as I absolutely love OoT I could never go back from the 3DS version.

Do you play gamepad only quite a bit then?

Indeed.

I usually have something on the TV in the background. I was playing Woolly World mostly on the gamepad and was catching up with Masterchef on TV. :)

I have the N64 version sitting on my shelf as well. :D

I love that game and will certainly purchase it just to play it on the gamepad.