NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Just Street Fighter Alpha 2 this week... (was hoping for Dracula X, or MM7 or MMX-3 this week :( )

Looks like the US is making October Castlevania month on the Wii U VC...

Dracula X this week, Circle of the Moon next week and then Harmony of Dishonence the week after...

Gee, I wonder what game will come in the last week of October... :indeed:

Come on NOE, give us all 4 in time for Halloween!

Donkey Kong Country this week and the sequels next week and the week after

Bz0BOe7IYAAWQ1L.jpgBz0BQMaIMAAeqHL.jpg

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

WHAAAAAAT? weeks of nothing but crap and lackluster releases and then a good game? followed by more?! i hope this is the tide turning

I love the fact that we're suddenly getting both Donkey Kong Country original trilogies - portable AND home console - from out of nowhere, plus they are evenly spaced out too. :D

Nintendo, for the next few weeks at least you can do no wrong. :heart:

Gives me an incentive to get properly caught up with VC Weekly as well, I've made some decent headway since things 'slipped' a little a month back but everything is getting back on track now hopefully. : peace:

I still really enjoy writing Retro reviews each week, it just becomes a bit of a joke when you go to review 'that one awful NES game' for the third time over :indeed: but at least we have had a few decent diamonds in the rough with Fire Emblem on the GBA sticking firmly in my mind. :)

Hopefully it'll be mostly good stuff now so that Nintendo can keep 'dat momentum' going - though it's only just picked up again - from now until Christmas and beyond. :smile:

What are the gameboy versions supposed to be like? I have one, but can't remember it at all and never played the sequels.

I really hope their next consoles have the same infrastructure so all our VC library move immediately over to the new console, and not this redribbling out shit with a charge they've pulled this time!

What are the gameboy versions supposed to be like? I have one, but can't remember it at all and never played the sequels.

I really hope their next consoles have the same infrastructure so all our VC library move immediately over to the new console, and not this redribbling out shit with a charge they've pulled this time!

They have implied that :)

Pretty decent, think of them as 'more of the same' from their console counterparts but with a monochrome palette - which is still incredibly detailed for even the GameBoy - and you'll have some idea of what to expect. :)

So do I, really can't see myself having to review the same games - in some cases - a fourth or even a fifth time over when the new consoles arrive - or at least I hope not* :shakehead - if they still have more new VC games to release by then on top of what we get on Wii U/3DS - which will hopefully be moved across and become the 'starting point' - then fair enough.

*Please don't make me review Renegade again, I'll be good I promise! :(

Yay I love Donkey Kong Country. I got a SNES really late on in it's life but managed to get that game along with the free CD.

Never played the sequels though. They will be downloaded :D

@S\.C\.G re previous VC games, don't you just copy and paste from your previous review or do you actually write one again from scratch?

Not bad, not bad. Replaying the Donkey Kong County console trilogy was something i wanted to do on the WiiVC, but missed out on. Once i clear a few games from my severe Nintendo backlog (yes it's long, 15 games long), i'll have a look into getting them.

@S\.C\.G re previous VC games, don't you just copy and paste from your previous review or do you actually write one again from scratch?

It depends on the game but if it's something like NES Golf or Tennis - games that don't really change much between VC's - then it'll be a copy, paste then rewrite the applicable sections; however if it's a monumental title then I have been known to write a new review from scratch or to do a significant rewrite. :)

With the Donkey Kong Country trilogy being that its been a while since they were last reviewed plus the fact that we've had new entries in the franchise since, I would expect a significant rewrite at least plus some of my own in-game screen-shots plus a nice banner - seeing as I've been handling the graphics as well since just after VC Weekly #300 - and maybe even a celebratory closing piece of artwork following the reviews being that this is a momentous occasion. : peace:

Nintendo imply lots.

My favourite being "online is the air that we breathe" ;)

That's an actual statement, not even implied.

GUYS!!!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01h9r9c.jpg

dkcqfr0g.jpg

DKC IS THE US 60HZ VERSION, DESPITE ORIGINALLY HAVING AN EFIGS EU LOCALISATION ORIGINALLY!! :o

THERE IS A GOD!!! :bouncy:

This is a first; this has never happened before, as they usually put out EU 50hz versions of games when they have even the most minor and superflourious of localisations (Super Metroid and Kirby's Adventure spring to mind).

Guys! There's hope for the N64 VC and for the likes of 60hz Super Metroid after all!! Today is a glorious day!! :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

GUYS!!!

DKC IS THE US 60HZ VERSION, DESPITE ORIGINALLY HAVING AN EFIGS EU LOCALISATION ORIGINALLY!! :o

This is a first; this has never happened before, as they usually put out EU 50hz versions of games when they have even the most minor and superflourious of localisations (Super Metroid and Kirby's Adventure spring to mind).

Guys! There's hope for the N64 VC and for the likes of 60hz Super Metroid after all!! Today is a glorious day!! :yay:

Holy crap! Really!?

Damn, I was actually gonna give the first game a miss on account of me not liking it nearly as much as the sequels. It's OK, but it's just outshined by DKC 2 and 3.

But hearing it's 60 Hz may have just changed my mind.

Damn Nintendo and their constant spying on me!

Holy crap! Really!?

Damn, I was actually gonna give the first game a miss on account of me not liking it nearly as much as the sequels. It's OK, but it's just outshined by DKC 2 and 3.

But hearing it's 60 Hz may have just changed my mind.

Damn Nintendo and their constant spying on me!

Oh man, I can't wait to get back and plough through it on my Gamepad now! I've been dreaming of playing a proper version on a handheld screen for years! (And no! That crappy horrible GBA version is not good enough! Hell I'd choose the GBC version over it!)

I'm just so happy they saw sense and picked the right version! It's not like it has much text anyway, so if you don't speak English, you're not missing much (it's just Cranky's Cabin and you can just look up the translated text online anyway!)

More importantly, it sets a precedent for the future. There's a chance that the N64 Wii U VC might not be molested by 50hz (All 1st party N64 games got full EFIGS localisations originally) after all! :yay:

BTW, in case you're wondering, yes I did get DKLand; no I've never played it before and yes I am kicking back in the lounge with my 3DS in hand with it running right now ;)

I have loads and loads of wii vc games and wii ware games, I want to keep them on my wii console is there a was to link the accounts to wii u in order to buy them again at the reduced price but keep them on the wii console ?

If you get what I mean?

Thanks

I have loads and loads of wii vc games and wii ware games, I want to keep them on my wii console is there a was to link the accounts to wii u in order to buy them again at the reduced price but keep them on the wii console ?

If you get what I mean?

Thanks

No way to do that, the only way to get them on your Wii U at a reduced price is to do the system transfer first.

If you get what I mean?

Thanks

Nope! Annoying huh?

Edited by dazzybee

Nope! Annoying huh?

It's pot luck, but you might be hit with heavy import taxes.

Plus, I've no way of knowing if this will be true, but I have a sinking feeling that maybe, just maybe, Nintendo will create a new region lock for AUS, therefore relegating New 3DS exclusive games and the eShop in Europe ineffective. This may happen, though there is a bigger chance it won't happen.

For me, I'm waiting to see what information comes about this in the future before putting an order down.

Edit: Answered your now missing question, :)

You COULD arguably hack the wii, back up the NAND, do the transfer then restore the NAND. I'm very shallow on the actual workings/accuracy of the whole process and would highly advise against it(the nand is basically your entire wii from my understanding) - but I think I essentially did the same with mine. Not sure if the old wii retained licenses etc, and the wii points went over to the wii u, but my wii has the few wii VC games I downloaded for it at least.

I never transferred over my Wii file. I'm kind of tempted as my Wii is packed away and not needed anymore really. I've several VC games on there not to mention a few hundred VC points going to waste. That's why I just pay for each individual game on the eShop instead of topping up by €20 or whatever. Which brings me to my point.

What happens to this money that's sitting in peoples accounts? Are Nintendo acting like a bank and earning interest on it until it's used?

GUYS!!!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01h9r9c.jpg

dkcqfr0g.jpg

Could this just be Nintendo trying to legally outmaneuver Microsoft/Rare by not releasing the original version? Was a reason ever given for why the games were removed from the Wii virtual console?