NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Pop'n Twinbee Raindbow Bell Adventures? How the hell did I miss that one!!

Bought and downloaded. Such a brilliant game. I remember seeing that on an episode of GamesMaster and decided I had to get it. Then I did and I wasn't disappointed!!

They really need to get a proper sequel to that on the 3DS - you just have to look at Kirby Triple Deluxe to image how cool it could look.

I think I'm drowning in nostalgia over here :heart:

Edited by Captain Falcon

I still want the coin-op Double Dragons! Really think there should be more focus on getting coin-ops onto the VC, as it was always my dream to own them. It's hard to explain how exciting arcades were in the '80s, how inferior the home versions were and how much we always wanted the real ones!

I still want the coin-op Double Dragons! Really think there should be more focus on getting coin-ops onto the VC, as it was always my dream to own them. It's hard to explain how exciting arcades were in the '80s, how inferior the home versions were and how much we always wanted the real ones!

Aye. VCA was the biggest missed opportunity on Wii!

And with the removal of the storage limitations of Wii and the stronger hardware capabilities of Wii U, the potential is astounding and yet...

... *sigh* :(

Oh you sly dogs, Nintendo

Nintendo #eShop receives a critical hit tomorrow. #GBA classic Fire Emblem arrives on #WiiU Virtual Console!

BvfAYHtIEAAUtjh.png:orig

Oh you sly dogs, Nintendo

Nintendo #eShop receives a critical hit tomorrow. #GBA classic Fire Emblem arrives on #WiiU Virtual Console!

BvfAYHtIEAAUtjh.png:orig

Good stuff!

I love these cheeky surprise releases. :D

Wait it comes with a discount due to the Smash sales as well!

Bve9fUOIEAAUh05.jpg:large

Tis a good day.

Woohoo!! This turns a good week into a great one! :D

One of my favourites in the series and all! :D (and even at a discount to boot!)

More weeks like this please NOE! (and now I have an English language Fire Emblem community to bitch for FE1-6 localisations on too ;) )

Suddenly, Fire Emblem! Cheap Fire Emblem to boot!

So glad it's not Sacred Stones, I already have that on 3DS. Insta-buy!

Hey @Dcubed, told you X and Y wouldn't get discounted.

Surprised there's no Zelda or Metroid sales here.

Edited by Glen-i

Suddenly, Fire Emblem! Cheap Fire Emblem to boot!

So glad it's not Sacred Stones, I already have that on 3DS. Insta-buy!

Hey @Dcubed, told you X and Y wouldn't get discounted.

Surprised there's no Zelda or Metroid sales here.

Oh I'm not upset about X&Y not getting discounted, but why did you have to be right about the FEA DLC not getting discounted!? :cry:

That's a low blow Glen...

To clarify, this is different to the ambassador programme games?

None of these games were part of the ambassador promotion.

Except maybe NES Donkey Kong.

That GBA Fire Emblem is the one that came out before Sacred Stones.

Oh I'm not upset about X&Y not getting discounted, but why did you have to be right about the FEA DLC not getting discounted!? :cry:

That's a low blow Glen...

I was holding off buying the rest of the DLC incase it went on sale, but I'll happily take the GBA game. I would totally rebuy the digital version if I could though. ;)

AWWWWW YEEAAHHH!!! Mario Golf Advance Tour this week!

My favourite of the handheld MG games! :D (and yes it did have a pass-the-GBA option for multiplayer, so yes - multiplayer will be intact here!)

Edited by Dcubed

I had a bit of a gaming marathon over the bank holiday weekend across multiple formats and managed to finish a bunch of games off. Some of these were the MM games on the VC.

I had already played MM1 earlier in the year, so I set out to get through the rest after snapping them up in the sale the other week.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just have the last castle to do in MM5 and then MM6 awaits.

When playing these pretty much back to back to can see how the series becomes more forgiving and, quite frankly, more fun. By the time I reached MM5 a lot of the instant deaths and cheap moving blocks had all but gone. I also noticed that the drops for extra lives and health seemed to have increased.

Things like bringing the Megabuster charge, Rush and E tanks also helped to ease the difficulty of the later games.

I thought that 3 was one of the worst entries, even though many say its one of the best. The weapon selection method is spread across 2 screens, which made it very annoying to use. The music was really lacking and I found the lack of this tune really upsetting.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Luckily it returned with MM4 but it seems to have gone AWOL again in MM5. :(

You can really see the progression in terms of graphics as well.

In the earlier games they used very simple looking sprites but as the games go on the sprites on some of the enemies start getting larger and more complex. Some of them look great, especially when you consider these games were on the NES.

It's been fun playing through these, especially as the difficulty has been toned down with each one I play. :)

I thought that 3 was one of the worst entries, even though many say its one of the best. The weapon selection method is spread across 2 screens, which made it very annoying to use. The music was really lacking and I found the lack of this tune really upsetting.

There has been some frankly embarassing posting across the various threads here as of late, but you've just catapulted yourself to the top of the list with this one :)

MM3 has some of the best music in the series...

With the intro theme which I think is better than MM2

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And the best level select theme of any MM game.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And then some of the levels are spectacular such as Hard Man...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Top Man...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and the iconic Snake Man.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Even the Get New Weapon music smokes that of MM2.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The only part it really lets itself down is in failing to live up the Wily Castle stage music of MM2. I also like the boss intro theme in 3 as well - it's by far the best non-classic version and equally as good to my ears.

Also, the weapons are spread across two screens in MM2 as well although I guess you rarely have to venture any further than Metal Man's weapon.

Edited by Captain Falcon

There has been some frankly embarassing posting across the various threads here as of late, but you've just catapulted yourself to the top of the list with this one :)

The only part it really lets itself down is in failing to live up the Wily Castle stage music of MM2. I also like the boss intro theme in 3 as well - it's by far the best non-classic version and equally as good to my ears.

Also, the weapons are spread across two screens in MM2 as well although I guess you rarely have to venture any further than Metal Man's weapon.

I totally disagree but whatever. Opinions and all that.

Both Mega Man 2 and 3 have some really amazing tracks but if I had to choose, I would say that MM2 clearly has the edge being that it has two of the most recognisable tracks in the history of the series being that of the intro and 'dat Wily stage' classic stuff! : peace:

I was listening to about an hour or Mega Man music yesterday while writing reviews, pure 8-bit bliss. :)

Speaking of reviews, sorry that I'm a 'bit' behind, I seem to be going through an adjustment period now that I'm handling all of the graphics too but I hope to be back up to speed very soon. ;)

I finished my run through of the MM games over the weekend.

It's been a right blast playing through the games. Now, just give me MMX3 this week to round things off nicely. :D

Woah! Castlevania 3 and Gargoyle's Quest 2 on Wii U VC!? HOLY SHIT!

Now THAT's a good week! :D

Keep it up NOE!!!

Aww man, the US gets Wild Guns on Sept 18.

Hope we're getting it soonish, cause I LOVE that game!

Playing through the SNES kirby game, can't remember which one, the one with loads of little games on it... Bit of a weird game to be honest. Is it really as slight as it seems? Disappointed the running game isn't multiplayer :(

Playing through the SNES kirby game, can't remember which one, the one with loads of little games on it... Bit of a weird game to be honest. Is it really as slight as it seems? Disappointed the running game isn't multiplayer :(

It's not a long game, but it is a really fun one!

Getting 100% will probably take you a bit longer, but it's only about 5-6 hours your first time through. VERY re-playable though :)

Yeah, I noticed on Miiverse that you got stuck. :D

I'm playing Dream World 3 at the moment, after picking it up when it was on sale. I've never played this one as I didn't fall in love with Kirby until the N64 game.

I'm really enjoying it and I'm just doing a world a day, which means I should be finished it tomorrow. Wonder how hard 100% is on this one? @Dcubed, our resident Kirby expert, any ideas?

Say what you want about the Kirby games being easy, but there is no denying just how good the music is in all of the Kirby games. This one is no different and I once again find myself bopping away to the music as I play. They are such happy games and a real joy to play.

It's not a long game, but it is a really fun one!

Getting 100% will probably take you a bit longer, but it's only about 5-6 hours your first time through. VERY re-playable though :)

6 hours? Surely it won't take that long. I doubt I'll 100% it, the treasure one I found a bit boring... in fact, I find Kirby games a little dull to play. The NES one was such a chore.... I prefer the off-shoot Kirby games (tilt n roll, epic Kirby); they look amazing, great character design, great music, but just a little chorey!

Yeah, I noticed on Miiverse that you got stuck. :D

Yeah... that's just bad game design :)

Yeah... that's just bad game design :)

Could you not just press down twice to fall down that thin platform? It looked like you could have and that's usually how it works on Kirby games.