NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Pop n' Twinbee is brilliant! Anyone fancying a classic shooter that makes you feel all happy and tingly inside should pick it up ASAP!

I suppose it's a good chance to try out the Miiverse embedding thingy :)

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edit: Hmm... Line spacing doesn't work in embedded posts yet... Oh well ::shrug:

Edited by Dcubed

Now I've just gotta hope that the rest of the SNES Twinbee games hit the VC before long...

That reminds me... Detana Twinbee IS actually available on the Wii VC right now too :)

Nintendo really shouldn't have started from scratch with the VC library when WiiU came out.

Nintendo really shouldn't have started from scratch with the VC library when WiiU came out.

Didn't really have a choice. They had to be recoded for the Wii U architecture, Wii U features etc.

Won't be an issue next gen though, if all goes as planned.

Didn't really have a choice. They had to be recoded for the Wii U architecture, Wii U features etc.

Won't be an issue next gen though, if all goes as planned.

what if next gen third parties won't support a VC following SEGA's trend

what if next gen third parties won't support a VC following SEGA's trend

They're not exactly embracing it now...

Wow, it's been a year since Earthbound was released, and I still haven't played it!

Surprised SEGA aren't supporting the VC since they love releasing their old games. It's a shame as well as their GG emulator was better than Nintendo's GB emulator, would have been interesting to see what they would have done with the Wii U.

Edited by Ike

Wow, it's been a year since Earthbound was released, and I still haven't played it!

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Couldn't resist...

Earthbound is a turn-based game so I have no interest in it. Can't stand them.

Even if you don't (and I'm not going to get into the painfully obvious irony here), you'll probably still really enjoy it.

It transcends its genre, much in the same way that Pokemon does funnily enough (all the more fitting when you consider ther shared heratage with Ape/Creatures' involvement!)

The writing, the characters, the environments you explore, the subtle elements of real-time combat they introduce into the formula... It's an incredible game that actually draws on a lot of the same elements that make the mainline Pokemon games so great (despite not featuring any of the trading/capturing elements of that series of course) - most obvious of all being the (more or less) seamless world map of course and the use of items/abilities to bypass obsticles and road blocks; and then there's the music... Oh dear God the music! :love:

Seriously! I reckon you'd love it! (Especially as a Pokemon fan, you'll enjoy spotting all the things that inspired various elements of the mainline Pokemon series ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

OK... Wasn't actually referring to you. Pretty sure I quoted Ike there.

Seriously? You don't like turn based games? Quite surprising coming from you.

Funnily enough this is my thought too. I bought it, started it, got intô my first couple fights and immediately thought "I cannot be arsed with this at all"... not put it on since.

EARTHBOUND ON WII U VC 40% OFF IN EURO ESHOP FROM THURSDAY UNTIL JULY 24

This week’s European eShop downloads and special offers have been revealed. In with various deals is an excellent offer for 40 per cent off Earthbound on the Wii U Virtual Console in order to celebrate its first anniversary on the eShop. From this Thursday, European home console owners can download the classic RPG adventure for €5.99/£4.19 (usually €9.99/£6.99) until July 24.

Elsewhere on the Euro eShop from Thursday is a free demo of Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot, as well as a limited discount on the full game, plus Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the Virtual Console and new release Gaiabreaker for Wii U. You can check out all downloads and price details in the list below.

Wii U:

• Gaiabreaker (UBIQUITOUS ENTERTAINMENT) – €10.99/£9.89
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Nintendo, GBA VC) – €6.99/£6.29

Special offers

• EarthBound – €5.99/£4.19 (Ends July 24, regular price €9.99/£6.99)
  • Little Inferno – €4.99/£4.59 (Ends July 24, regular price €9.99/£8.99)

3DS:

• Pick-A-Gem – €2.99/£2.69
  • Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot – Free demo

Special offers

• Secrets of the Titanic – €4.99/£4.99 (Ends July 24, regular price €10.99/£9.99)
  • SteamWorld Dig – €4.49/£3.99 (Ends July 31, regular price €8.99/£7.99)
  • escapeVektor- €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 31, regular price €6.99/£5.99)
  • Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot – €2.00/£1.80 (Ends July 24, regular price €2.99/£2.69)
  • Steel Diver Sub Wars: Premium Version – €6.99/£6.29 (Ends July 24, regular price €9.99/£8.99) - More subs and more missions are available in the Premium Version of Steel Diver: Sub Wars, now 30% off for a limited time! The Premium Version can be purchased from the Steel Diver: Sub Wars title screen.

Edited by Wii

EARTHBOUND ON WII U VC 40% OFF IN EURO ESHOP FROM THURSDAY UNTIL JULY 24

No! Nintendo! STOP SPYING ON ME! I'm starting to get paranoid!

I haven't really touched Earthbound since I bought it so I kinda wish I had waited now :indeed: I'm not even that excited to play it, in all honesty.. I perhaps bought it more out of duty than desire :eek:

I am never going to actually play it any time soon, but I'll possibly buy it at that price. I hope I can have the patience to actually finish it when I get to it though - I feel like when I tried it many years ago it was rather a chore - and that was with speedups and cheats too! I haven't the patience for turn-based games like I used to, unless they've got that MarioRPG pizazz to keep it interesting. For those who have it/completed it - what was your times for the whole of the game? HLTB is giving an average around 30 hours?

Couldn't resist...

It came out while I was on holiday (typical), it came out around Pikmin 3. Playing too many RPG's. I've not gotten round to it. :p

Eh, it has a slight rhythm mechanic you might like. ::shrug:

If you haven't played Little Inferno, I can really recommend it, especially at that price! It's a fun, quirky "game" with a mysterious melancholiac philosophy twist :)

If you haven't played Little Inferno, I can really recommend it, especially at that price! It's a fun, quirky "game" with a mysterious melancholiac philosophy twist :)

Yeah it is a great little game. Very, very odd but satisfying nonetheless.

Eh, it has a slight rhythm mechanic you might like. ::shrug:

You're thinking of Mother 3.

Which is nothing short of a masterpiece, by the way.

High time Pop n' Twinbee was rediscovered. :D

I don't even know what it is. Graphics look a bit meh.

I'd definitely second the shout for Little Inferno, especially at that price. Try not to think of it as a game though, more an experience or like going to the cinema to see a film - you'll get a couple hours out of it and it's a good price if thought of like that I think.