NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Europe has got Pac-Man Collection and Pac-Land on the Wii U eShop now too, at a special promotional price

Pac-Man Collection: £3.75 (Normally £5.39)

Pac-Land: £2.40 (Normally £3.49)

Edited by Serebii

Europe has got Mac-Man Collection and Pac-Land on the Wii U eShop now too, at a special promotional price

Pac-Man Collection: £3.75 (Normally £5.39)

Pac-Land: £2.40 (Normally £3.49)

Thank you, this is what I've been waiting for, now it's time for me to get the VC reviews back on track. :D

You don't think there's any chance that we'll get any more surprise releases today though do you? Surely they will save the rest to bulk out the schedule in the coming weeks. :)

What are either of them like? Any good?!

Both good, worth owning... will be downloading them today at some point hopefully, reviews after the weekend is done, which will give me time to catch up as I've been *slacking. :indeed:

*I'm totally blaming the fantastic Treehouse sessions for this, as I've been glued to them.:heh:

Japan is getting Zero Mission next week, that's the biggest news. :p

Hopefully we'll get it soon (along with some actual Metroid news lol).

Pac Land has got me thinking... we need coin-ops on the Wii U VC. Was so satisfying to download Golden Axe on the Wii (one of the best games, quite honestly), but now it's just sitting there in Wii mode. I really want Final Fight, Double Dragon (I & II) and all the other stuff from my teenage years. :)

BTW: Just wanted to mention that the version of Pacman Arrangement on the GBA Pacman Collection is based on the original Pacman Arrangement and not the crappy modern one ;)

This and the GCN/PS2/Xbox collection are the only home versions of the original Pacman Arrangement ever released. If you've played "Pacman Arrangement" in any other collection, that is a completely different game with the same name as the one included in this GBA collection.

Edited by Dcubed

Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is now live on the Wii U eShop. It's free until July 10th

Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training is now live on the Wii U eShop. It's free until July 10th

Awesome! That's a nice unexpected surprise! :D

Sneaky. On the quick start up screen, they'd put this as the first pick box. Nearly fell for it and clicked it. Oh, it's free, that's nice. I'll get on it so even though I already have it on DS. Can I Metroid: Zero Mission or Minish Cap instead please?

Nevermind, it downloaded automatically. :)

Sneaky. On the quick start up screen, they'd put this as the first pick box. Nearly fell for it and clicked it. Oh, it's free, that's nice. I'll get on it so even though I already have it on DS. Can I Metroid: Zero Mission or Minish Cap instead please?

Nevermind, it downloaded automatically. :)

Minish Cap has been on the eShop for weeks :p

Minish Cap has been on the eShop for weeks :p

I want it for free instead of this game.

I could swear they improved the voice recognition in this game (or the Wii U mic is better than the DS one), because I now no longer have to say 'Bu-looo' and Yel-low'!

I could swear they improved the voice recognition in this game (or the Wii U mic is better than the DS one), because I now no longer have to say 'Bu-looo' and Yel-low'!

I literally just posted about this on Miiverse about an hour ago or so!!

"Blue" actually works!!! I can actually say Yellow and it works properly! :o I swear that they've updated it with the voice recognition libraries used in the later Brain Training games!

I thought it had changed too, but in my case it's got worse. I can't remember having much trouble before, but now it can't understand the word red unless I really roll the r.

Just wanted to pop in and gush over how AWESOME Pac-Man Arrangement is! :D

Imagine Pacman, but add dash panels, warp portals, power ups for the ghosts (they can even pair-up Fire Emblem Awakening style!), multilayered levels and the rest of the kitchen sink!

It even has a 5th ghost called "Kinky", YES! I am not even making this up!!!

It is AMAZING! I feel like such an idiot for not playing it sooner!

Pac-man Arrangement is easily worth the price tag alone (in fact I would even have been happy to pay the original retail price for it, the current VC price is so pitifully cheap that I actually feel like I stole it!) Guys! Get it!!! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

It even has a 5th ghost called "Kinky", YES! I am not even making this up!!!

Pfft! Seriously? What? Does it kill Pac-Man through the power of "Bad touch"?

Pfft! Seriously? What? Does it kill Pac-Man through the power of "Bad touch"?

Considering that he (she?) wears a pair of glasses and spouts devil horns when he/she powers up... You're not far off actually ;)

My nephew got a little obsessed with one of the punch out stages on new remix, so I thought he might appreciate super punchout. I showed him the video on the eshop.. initially he looked a little unimpressed and confused as to why he was watching whatever was on screen. Then when he realised what his was his little eyes widened and a happy grin appeared on his face.

I'm with holding the game a little though, I've not finished training him on MK8 yet, but when I have I'll be getting this for sure. I have a friend who should appreciate it almost as much too!

So I was just looking through the GBA Virtual Console games that came up and I really want to download one to play this weekend.

The only thing is... I can't decide what...

I've never played any of the games that are available and feel like there are a lot of classics that I've missed out on.

Anyone got any recommendations on which one to start with?

Loved the look of a lot of them! Klonoa, Metroid, Mario / Yoshi, Kirby, Wario Land 4 etc. I dunno where to start!

I originally planned to DL Wario Land 4 but then saw the other games and was like 'whut'. What to do?

So yeah, help me out N-E'ers. My Virtual Console beginning is in your hands! : peace:

So I was just looking through the GBA Virtual Console games that came up and I really want to download one to play this weekend.

I've never played any of the games that are available and feel like there are a lot of classics that I've missed out on.

Loved the look of a lot of them! Klonoa, Metroid, Mario / Yoshi, Kirby, Wario Land 4 etc. I dunno where to start!

I originally planned to DL Wario Land 4 but then saw the other games and was like 'whut'. What to do?

So yeah, help me out N-E'ers. My Virtual Console beginning is in your hands! : peace:

Metroid Fusion, without a doubt... but then, you knew that I was going to say that. :indeed:

Seriously though, one of the best GBA games ever made and one of the best Metroid games in the series to date. : peace:

Buy all the things :p

Haha that's the long term plan Serebii!

I think I might start with Metroid you'll be pleased to hear S.C.G. : peace: I loved the last trilogy so I'm sure this will be just as fun to play through - even though it's totally different!

Will post my thoughts as I progress! Thanks!

My thoughts on the GBA games...

Wario Land 4 - I don't really have a valid opinion on this one as, for some reason, Wario games irritate me! I've only played the beginning and couldn't be bothered with it after that. If you like Wario, however, this is probably a good choice (after all, it was your first instinct, right?)

Metroid Fusion - The best! Utterly brilliant. The only caution I'd advise would be if you're not a fan of the genre. I don't think it's a massively difficult game, but it's a bit more linear than the others, so has a tendency of dropping you into difficult situations.

Minish Cap - My 2nd-favourite out of what's available at the moment. It's a solid 2D Zelda, although personally I'm happy with it just on my 3DS for now.

F-Zero Maximum Velocity - Be careful with this one. Whilst I'm a fan of the series, this entry is extremely difficult and inaccessible.

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams - Not played.

Advance Wars - Not played (turn-based strategy is not for me).

Yoshi's Island - Not a favourite of mine, as it is about collecting everything and re-completing levels perfectly. Not bad though.

Golden Sun - Not played (didn't like the DS one.)

Wario Ware Inc - :blank:

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - This is an extremely rambling game, with a confusing game world and a ridiculous number of different doors to go through. Not recommended unless you really love the character.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Completed this. It's not bad, but to me the Mario & Luigi games are great scripts rather than great RPGs.

...So to me the clear winners are Metroid Fusion and (until Zero Mission is available) Minish Cap, but I think you might like Wario Land 4.

Edited by Grazza

My thoughts on the GBA games...

Wario Land 4 - I don't really have a valid opinion on this one as, for some reason, Wario games irritate me! I've only played the beginning and couldn't be bothered with it after that. If you like Wario, however, this is probably a good choice (after all, it was your first instinct, right?)

Metroid Fusion - The best! Utterly brilliant. The only caution I'd advise would be if you're not a fan of the genre. I don't think it's a massively difficult game, but as it's a bit more linear than the others, so has a tendency of dropping you into difficult situations.

Minish Cap - My 2nd-favourite out of what's available at the moment. It's a solid 2D Zelda, although personally I'm happy with it just on my 3DS for now.

F-Zero Maximum Velocity - Be careful with this one. Whilst I'm a fan of the series, this entry is extremely difficult and inaccessible.

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams - Not played.

Advance Wars - Not played (turn-based strategy is not for me).

Yoshi's Island - Not a favourite of mine, as it is about collecting everything and re-completing levels perfectly. Not bad though.

Golden Sun - Not played (didn't like the DS one.)

Wario Ware Inc - :blank:

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror - This is an extremely rambling game, with a confusing game world and a ridiculous number of different doors to go through. Not recommended unless you really love the character.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Completed this. It's not bad, but to me the Mario & Luigi games are great scripts rather than great RPGs.

...So to me the clear winners are Metroid Fusion and (until Zero Mission is available) Minish Cap, but I think you might like Wario Land 4.

:bowdown:

Thanks Grazza!

Appreciate your thoughts!

I think I'm gonna go for Metroid Fusion! I did want Wario Land 4, but thinking on it the only Wario games I've played are Shake Dimension, (loved), the DS one, can't remember what it was called, which was ok, aaaand I think that's it!

So Metroid seems a better fit to me to be honest!

I'm gonna download it now and start it this evening. Will probably play this one in bed tonight on the game pad. These GBA / VC games seem perfect for that which is one of the things I love about the game pad.

Thanks again! :)