NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I expect N64 games will be priced at about £10. They were around that on the Wii, right?

GameCube games will be about £15-20. That's fine. If the games can output in a higher resolution it'll definitely be worth it.

DS games will probably be £10-15. Once again, could be worth it if the visuals look anything like those emulator shots.

Ok, so how the fuck do you play VS mode on SF2 Turbo on the WiiU VC? Because every fucking time I try to, each controller controls P1!

What the fuck?!

Ok, so how the fuck do you play VS mode on SF2 Turbo on the WiiU VC? Because every fucking time I try to, each controller controls P1!

What the fuck?!

You can change that in Controller Settings on the Virtual Console menu

What the fuck?!

I had this problem tryning to play Super Mario Kart with my brother last week, but thankfully we had 3 controllers so were able to work around it. I'll have to look into how it works on my Wii U, actually, as I've never been sure :blank:

I had this problem tryning to play Super Mario Kart with my brother last week, but thankfully we had 3 controllers so were able to work around it. I'll have to look into how it works on my Wii U, actually, as I've never been sure :blank:

yeah... tbh I found setting up controllers on the VC is far too complicated. Part of it was me being stupid, but when I first played smk I wanted the gamepad as P1, and the wiimote as P2. no such option as far as I could tell? Maybe I was just having a stupid moment, but in the end I just got a second wiimote and once that was setup as P2, removed batteries from the P1 wiimote so I could play Gamepad vs wiimote. Although I do need to get a classic controller.. SMK with a wiimote doesn't work so well

You can change that in Controller Settings on the Virtual Console menu

God knows I tried this but it wouldn't work. :confused:

So Japan is getting Castlevania Dracula X this week...

It's only a matter of time now :) My CV Collection is nearing completion :D (After DCX gets released, then Bloodlines on the Megadrive will remain as the only console 2D Castlevania to not have gotten a re-release yet...)

So, I used the Screen Smoothing filter on Yoshi's Island and I think that it actually makes the game look better and more in line with the aesthetics, to the point it could potentially be passed off as a new game (to an extent)

Am I being crazy?

So, I used the Screen Smoothing filter on Yoshi's Island and I think that it actually makes the game look better and more in line with the aesthetics, to the point it could potentially be passed off as a new game (to an extent)

Am I being crazy?

Yes you are... You deserve to be burned at the stake for such heresy, HEATHEN!!!

Only joking... kinda... :p

Yes you are... You deserve to be burned at the stake for such heresy, HEATHEN!!!

Only joking... kinda... :p

Harsh :p

It just that the smoothing really seems to fit and work with this game, and this is coming from someone who is rather anal about these things.

Disappointing week is disappointing. Was hoping for at least two games this week :(

Once again Japan gets treated to an embarrassment of riches, while Europe...

I calculated and, in number, Europe has 58% of the Virtual Console titles that Japan does. Really doesn't seem right.

Japan has 143 as of April 30th

Europe has 83 as of April 30th

Japan gets at least 2 a week usually. We get 1 if we're lucky. Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America need to sort it out, and fast. I'm grumpy.

Sure, many of them are ones that never came out of Japan, but many were localised like Super Punch-Out, Secret of Mana, Wario Land 4 etc. and aren't here yet.

I had a feeling this would happen. Hoping they are just taking a week break, then starting the 2nd wave of GBA titles from next week.

I calculated and, in number, Europe has 58% of the Virtual Console titles that Japan does. Really doesn't seem right.

Japan has 143 as of April 30th

Europe has 83 as of April 30th

Japan gets at least 2 a week usually. We get 1 if we're lucky. Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America need to sort it out, and fast. I'm grumpy.

Sure, many of them are ones that never came out of Japan, but many were localised like Super Punch-Out, Secret of Mana, Wario Land 4 etc. and aren't here yet.

Yep, it's utterly abysmal. It's not like they don't have a ton of games already ready to go (and there's another legion of titles already PEGI/OFLC rated too...)

For fucks' sake!!! WHY!? :mad:

Why aren't sites HOUNDING NOE/NOA about this!? I'm sitting here, desperate to give them my money. WHY WON'T THEY LET ME GIVE IT TO THEM!? :mad:

Every single time, the same old song and dance... :cry:

Downloaded Advance Wars on Sunday and spent 6 hours playing it. It is magnificent and the level depth is incredible - only to be bested by the amount of content! I can't believe how many maps, modes and different things there are to do in that game.

For £6 this is probably the best value you can get.

I would kill for a proper follow up to this on the Wii U with online. It really is amazing.

Yep, it's utterly abysmal. It's not like they don't have a ton of games already ready to go (and there's another legion of titles already PEGI/OFLC rated too...)

For fucks' sake!!! WHY!? :mad:

Why aren't sites HOUNDING NOE/NOA about this!? I'm sitting here, desperate to give them my money. WHY WON'T THEY LET ME GIVE IT TO THEM!? :mad:

Every single time, the same old song and dance... :cry:

Indeed. In my view, we should get a NES, SNES and GBA game each week. Would be much better.

Throw in other consoles like PC Engine, N64, Mega Drive etc. and run a rotation and it'd be even better.

Just one title a week while Japan gets 2 absolute minimum, is ridiculous.

Downloaded Advance Wars on Sunday and spent 6 hours playing it. It is magnificent and the level depth is incredible - only to be bested by the amount of content! I can't believe how many maps, modes and different things there are to do in that game.

For £6 this is probably the best value you can get.

I would kill for a proper follow up to this on the Wii U with online. It really is amazing.

Is this your first time playing an Advance Wars game? (If so, man you're lucky! Wish I could be experiencing all these GBA games for the first time again!)

AW truly is a magnificent game (and its sequels are even better! - AW2 is probably my favourite of the series, narrowly edging out the two DS games for me). The perfect example of how to take a genre, cut out the conveluted crap and build up on all the good bits! :D

Forgot to mention how spot on this video is. Playing Warioware was insanely addictive. I bought two GBA's for that game so me and my GF had our own copies. It might sound strange to say this, but, to me, the mobile games market is similar to Warioware. Even something like Infinity blade is, at it's core, condensed into something akin to a warioware game. Swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, next!

I can't play stuff like Flappy Bird because I feel like I was playing better stuff, in a more rounded, almost self-parodying package back in the early 00's. Warioware was, and continues to be genius, mimicking the industry in a manner which has actually come to fruition on the mobile scene.

Because of that I have NO idea why there isn't a similar game on the mobile market. The next warioware game should ape the mobile industry, taking the pi$$ out of things like IAP, flappy bird, minecraft rip offs and more. Do it Nintendo. :awesome:

Am I being crazy?

Soooo tempted to get this (Miiverse filtered shots do look lovely) but remember sitting down to play it upon release on the GBA and being mortified by the colour palette and the music. Felt ripped off but it was still Yoshi's Island in my pocket! Magic.

Was it just me or was the SNES version superior? Even Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy was magic due to the Super FX2 chip (or whatever it was.) But it looked like they just dropped the Frames on the GBA to ape the original.

Are Nintendo having trouble emulating the SNES Super FX chip? (Can't remember if YI appeared on the Wii VC. Presuming it never, alongside StarFox and my childhood love: Stunt Race FX.)

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost