NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

The original AW has a multi-path campaign (pro: versatile choices ; con: you have to play a few times to see every interesting mission, and unlock every character), but other than that, the only things it has over AW2 is the catchy
and the characters' multiple facial expressions
And the intro:

:awesome:

I hope this is the first sign of a new game coming out too :)

I think advance wars is the best gba game. I much prefer these to fire emblem .

Japan's lineup confirmed. 702 Yen (pre tax)

Doing a special deal. Buy one and the rest are 30% off until April 6th. Japan doesn't get more GBA games until April 30th. It will have a similar deal then, running until May 3rd.

The colour dampening is here on these since they're all early games. Here's footage of the first six games.

Edited by Serebii

Don't suppose that there's any word on whether or not these GBA VC games support multiplayer or not?

Don't suppose that there's any word on whether or not these GBA VC games support multiplayer or not?

Nope, no sign.

Edit: Scratch that. They all list 1 Player.

GOD DAMMIT!!! WHY!? WHY DO THEY CONTINOUSLY REFUSE TO EMULATE THE LINK CABLES!? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought the 3DS Ambassador GBA games weren't going to be made available anywhere else though. :heh:

Aww, Yeah! :awesome:

Best game on the GBA for me, along with the sequel WarioWare: Twisted & Rhythm Tengoku. ;)

icon3.gif Heeeeeeey... If Nintendo wanted to be really cool, they should modify Twisted to work with the gyroscope of the Wii U GamePad and finally get it released in Europe.

Japan's lineup confirmed. 702 Yen (pre tax)

Doing a special deal. Buy two and the second is 30% off until April 6th. Japan doesn't get more GBA games until April 30th. It will have a similar deal then, running until May 3rd.

Nice. I hope we get a similar deal over here.

So what are we looking at in terms of price then? About £5-£6?

Nice. I hope we get a similar deal over here.

So what are we looking at in terms of price then? About £5-£6?

Well, the price is 702¥ (thanks new Japanese tax laws for ruining the round numbers).

SNES games are 800¥, NES games are 500¥, GameBoy games are 400¥ (now 411¥ thanks to the bloody laws) and GameBoy Color are 600¥.

As such, based on the extrapolation between GameBoy Color price on eShop (600¥/£4.49) and SNES price (800¥/£5.49), I'm confident that these will be around £4.99, but we'll see on Monday.

Anyway, I am wondering what's with the ? on the GamePad while playing GBA VC games. It's not on any other platform

AkKqA9g.png

Edit: Oh snap. I just misread the deal. It's buy one and get 30% off the rest. So you can buy all six and get 30% off all the others

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I thought the 3DS Ambassador GBA games weren't going to be made available anywhere else though. :heh:

Won't be available on 3DS.

Aww, Yeah! :awesome:

Best game on the GBA for me, along with the sequel WarioWare: Twisted & Rhythm Tengoku. ;)

icon3.gif Heeeeeeey... If Nintendo wanted to be really cool, they should modify Twisted to work with the gyroscope of the Wii U GamePad and finally get it released in Europe.

Return of the Hanabi Festival? So glad I imported Twisted! Still the best WarioWare.

It's really ridiculous how there'll be no multiplayer.... A lot of games won't be worth doing, and also misses an opportunity to actually play some games... Forever disappointing...

£5 a game though, not too bad, and amazing if they do a similar offer here with 30% off the rest.

It's worth noting that all GBA games on the Virtual Console are listed as being 200MB to download.

Advance Wars will certainly have multiplayer, right?

Nope. Listed as 1 player

Nope. Listed as 1 player

Either that's a mistake or they don't count pass-and-play as "multiplayer".

It's worth noting that all GBA games on the Virtual Console are listed as being 200MB to download.

I guess that means that they probably include the PDF versions of all of the original manuals with the VC games then if they're that large :) (They're up on the JPN website, so they obviously have them all archived from at least GBA onwards)

Also that 1 player listing for Advance Wars is obviously a mistake as it's not counting the take-turns multiplayer mode from the original game...

Hopefully they're all mistaken listings and they all have their original multiplayer modes in that case... (especially Kirby & the Amazing Mirror; the crazy awesome multiplayer was half the fun in that game!)

Edit: Oh snap. I just misread the deal. It's buy one and get 30% off the rest. So you can buy all six and get 30% off all the others

That's a stonking deal BTW! Hope we get it too...

Edited by Dcubed

UK trailer

Heeeeeeey... If Nintendo wanted to be really cool, they should modify Twisted to work with the gyroscope of the Wii U GamePad and finally get it released in Europe.

Now that's one GBA VC game I would certainly buy, regardless of if it was on 3DS or Wii U.

Mario & Luigi: 3rd April

Metroid Fusion: 3rd April

Advance Wars: 3rd April

Kirby's Amazing Mirror: 10th April

WarioWare: 10th April

F-Zero: 17th April

Golden Sun: 17th April

Yoshi's Island: 24th April

Mario & Luigi: 3rd April

Metroid Fusion: 3rd April

Advance Wars: 3rd April

Kirby's Amazing Mirror: 10th April

WarioWare: 10th April

F-Zero: 17th April

Golden Sun: 17th April

Yoshi's Island: 24th April

Hell of a line up right there. Day one for most of them for sure. The drought is over!!!! :D

Hell of a line up right there. Day one for most of them for sure. The drought is over!!!! :D

Watch as this is all we get until October :p

Seriously though, they've gone for the steady release instead of mass batches Japan is getting.

Japan has six next week and six at the end of the month. With this, we'll be getting them over multiple weeks so there's no gap.

The games will be £6.29 each.

Seriously? That flies in the face of the calculations I made. Got a source?

I'm tempted by Fusion :) Never played it before and whilst I've heard it's not as good as the other games, it's still 2D Metroid.

That said, I hope this doesn't stop people buying games like Shovel Knight!

Seriously? That flies in the face of the calculations I made. Got a source?

Our old friend Tom.