NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I hope to god we do, as does Japan. If I have to download the update just before Rumble U, I will not be a happy chappy

Are we getting GBA games at launch or is it just the usual NES/SNES games that we have been getting drip fed for the past 6 years?

It's a shame Earthbound won't be ready for launch. It would have been a great way to start the VC programme off on the Wii U.

Would be good if we did ger GBA games but why doesnt nintendo just release them for the 3DS?

NES, SNES and GBA games should be one purchase and work on both devices. But... let's not start that again, NIntendo will hopefully learn one day!!

I really hope they do a really good job with this service new content every week, and not just the games that we got on the Wii, that'd be frustrating. The VC could easily make people forget there's not actually much new stuff coming out for the wii u with some quality releases!

I actually feel like I've basically got to the point where I either physically own or have downloaded almost every classic game I could ever really want. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions, but the arrival of the Virtual Console doesn't feel like a big deal to me :hmm: In 2006, however, it was awesome :grin:

I don't like the weekly releases, I don't want to be waiting ages for the games I want again. Just open the doors and let me put what I want I my basket!

They best handle it better than they did on the Wii... and I think they should drop the prices dramatically too. Although they won't of course.

Thought they said they would be doing it in waves or something like that?

I actually feel like I've basically got to the point where I either physically own or have downloaded almost every classic game I could ever really want. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions, but the arrival of the Virtual Console doesn't feel like a big deal to me :hmm: In 2006, however, it was awesome :grin:

I'm in the same position. The VC on the Wii turned out to be very meh once I realized a lot of my childhood games, such as Chip N Dale, DuckTales, Little Nemo, Totally Rad, Quackshot, Aladdin etc. were never going to hit the system. I was happy we got titles such as Super Mario RPG, Sin and Punishment and Ogre Battle though.

I may still buy a few cheeky titles for off screen play, especially a few SNES classics. The biggest draw for me though are the GBA games and of course Earthbound.

I'm in the same position. The VC on the Wii turned out to be very meh once I realized a lot of my childhood games, such as Chip N Dale, DuckTales, Little Nemo, Totally Rad, Quackshot, Aladdin etc. were never going to hit the system. I was happy we got titles such as Super Mario RPG, Sin and Punishment and Ogre Battle though.

I may still buy a few cheeky titles for off screen play, especially a few SNES classics. The biggest draw for me though are the GBA games and of course Earthbound.

Licensing just kills digital distribution. Especially now where once the license is over, the game is removed forever from existence

I don't like the weekly releases, I don't want to be waiting ages for the games I want again. Just open the doors and let me put what I want I my basket!

They best handle it better than they did on the Wii... and I think they should drop the prices dramatically too. Although they won't of course.

Compared to the 3DS the wii one is amazing.

I completely agree though I wish that there were just everything that was available on wii virtual console to be immediately available on wii u.

I dont know how sony or microsoft do theirs but I imagine they are a little better if nothing else.

I bought only one game on Wii Shop Channel, Donkey Kong Country; but only to prepare for Donkey Kong Country Returns. Now that I have a personal Nintendo Network ID, that can be used to identify me, I feel my download-only purchases are safer, so I will be spending money on Virtual Console games. And should we get 60 Hz or properly modified 50 Hz versions, I will be purchasing a lot of Virtual Console games!

It's nice that the existing purchases on the Wii VC will be available on the WiiU VC, something MS and Sony need to consider at the launches of their new consoles this year.

Compared to the 3DS the wii one is amazing.

I completely agree though I wish that there were just everything that was available on wii virtual console to be immediately available on wii u.

I dont know how sony or microsoft do theirs but I imagine they are a little better if nothing else.

Why would you presume this? :) They're not. Very similar as things stand, except Nintendo have an INFINITELY better library.

I think they should have all the Wii stuff there day 1; but I do agree with weekly releases, just because it gives you new stuff to play and get excited for; also psychologically new releases every week keeps it fresh. They have to do it like this; it will provide massively bigger sales.

Well that's definitely a big improvement. Lets see how this turns out.

So the American launch has been announced, and its predictable awful

NES:

Punch-Out!!

Balloon Fight

Kirby's Adventure

DK JR

Ice climber

Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World

F-ZERO

I have all of those on3ds and Wii (and Wii u)....

Be nice if it detects them all so I can have them all on Wii u. I think we all know the answer.

What a flimsy way to launch the service!

Fucking horrible. I can only pray that our lineup is better.

Either way, I'm heading off to Miiverse to complain. I suggest that everyone here does the same...

So the American launch has been announced, and its predictable awful

NES:

Punch-Out!!

Balloon Fight

Kirby's Adventure

DK JR

Ice climber

Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World

F-ZERO

I have all of those on3ds and Wii (and Wii u)....

Be nice if it detects them all so I can have them all on Wii u. I think we all know the answer.

What a flimsy way to launch the service!

Got to agree and I think it sets up a worrying precedent.

I thought the updat was today, its nearly tomorrow and its still not live. Anyone mentioned anything about N64 games? I really want them to give us the 60hz version of Wave Race...

we'll have exactly the same, we need a minimum of 8 releases a week really.

Id settle for one game for each console a week to be honest, that way the catalogue will be a fairly decent size pretty quickly. Id also like to see (but dont think we will) a bulk release of all previously added titles.

What's with always the same old NES and SNES games, over and over and over and over... on EVERYTHING!

Why isn't it launching with N64 and Gamecube games as nice surprise!?

I thought the updat was today, its nearly tomorrow and its still not live.

Nope, just NoA trolling everyone.

I changed the topic title so it doesn't confuse people.