NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bryanee

The Evil Within - Mikami (360, PS3, PC and Next gen)

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen)

Bethesda has officially announced The Evil Within, the first game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami’s studio Tango Gameworks. The Evil Within is a survival horror title due to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles in 2014.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

IGN will have exclusive first impressions of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific, so be sure to check back then for our thoughts on an early demo along with a behind-the-scenes look at Tango Gameworks.

Live Action Trailer

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/04/19/the-evil-within-debut-trailer-1080p?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

asylumrebornpng-5e9930_640w.png

asylumexteriorpng-5e992f_640w.png

village02png-5e992d_640w.png

wCEJ4hC.jpg

EpzuUHa.jpg

rTj2dq8.jpg

wKfWP2P.jpg

The Evil Within is a survival horror title

providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.

Less action, more horror and survival. Hope that's how the game will turn out to be.

Doesn't do anything for me, so far. Live action trailers suck anyway (although this is actually not bad) :p

Details:

-Uses ID Tech 5, they say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Our main character is poice office called Sebastian and with his partner go to a scene of a mass murder, where a mysterious force is at work. As Sebastian watches more and more of the police get killed before his eyes, he is attacked by something that knocks him out. When he comes to he must fight to understand a world where ghosts roam free and death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where the only where to continue living is to fight. To discover the truth behind this powerful force, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Game is said to be trying to strike a balance between horror and action, and to but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions.

-This is a bit foggy, but it seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems but the player can even turn the traps against enemies.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

This game sounds like it is mixed of RE4, REmake, Clocktower and Silent Hill, looking forward to seeing game footage on Monday :).

Edited by Dante

Yep. Fantastic. The survival horror genre is actually coming back. This'll probably end up on my next-gen game list but you can sign me up right now.

Bit of Eternal Darkness thrown in too maybe?

I agree there's a bit of a Lovecraft edge to everything here.

So this was released yesterday, anyone else pick this up? I got it for PS4, and it's great so far! I'm on the start of chapter 3 at the moment, and I'm not finding it that scary right now, but it's definitely creepy, and incredibly tense. The gameplay can be pretty clunky, but I think it works in the game's favour. Plus you can tell it's a Mikami game straight off the bat, and even has some nice callbacks to his older games.

Btw, some review scores here if anyone's interested, and most seem pretty positive too: http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/14/the-evil-within-review-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

I heard it's super old school in its approach, as if it's straight out of 2006. Still good?

It definitely has old school elements, and can be a bit clunky, plus the camera is a pain in the arse at times... although I think that works in the game's favour. As I said earlier, you can really tell it's a Mikami game and it does feel a lot like RE4, except the protagonist feels a bit more vulnerable and the enemies are more challenging/overwhelming. I recommend it if you really loved RE4.

Definitely looking at picking this up in the not so distant future! Reviews have been positive too. Reminds me of RE4 which I absolutely adored.

Only saw an advert for this today was immediately drawn to it... even though I'm still going through Alien and that has terrified me so much I've been driven to drink.

Finished this earlier. Was annoying in places, but had a blast otherwise. Really reminded me of Resi 4 - they could've swapped Seb for Leon and I wouldn't have noticed the difference.

My stats: 20 hours with 81 deaths. Yep...I suck.

Gonna mop up a few trophies on New Game Plus and then trade this in for Shadow of Mordor. I don't really fancy the DLC.

If this really has a RE4 feel than I just might have to look into it.

edit: but not for € 60,-.

That Steam Sale price is more insane than the people in this game!! :o

That's just nuts!! It's only been out for a little over a month!!

At £11.99, I can't really say no. Gotta give it a go! :D

That Steam Sale price is more insane than the people in this game!! :o

That's just nuts!! It's only been out for a little over a month!!

At £11.99, I can't really say no. Gotta give it a go! :D

icon4.gif For the love of God, just make sure you try the demo first!!

Seriously, this game is an absolute nightmare to get running well. It's like they didn't optimize it at all. :shakehead

icon4.gif For the love of God, just make sure you try the demo first!!

Seriously, this game is an absolute nightmare to get running well. It's like they didn't optimize it at all. :shakehead

Oh don't worry. That's the first thing I intend to do, I've heard all the nightmare stories about how it supposedly runs (didn't know there even was a demo till just now tonight!)

As long as I can get it to run at at least 1080p @ 30FPS, I'll be happy :) Not too bothered about removing the bars or anything like that and I don't really care about ultra graphics settings nonsense :p

Edited by Dcubed

Only 1 page for this thread?

Upto chapter 13, I struggled to get into it at first, but I'd say from chapter 3 I've really enjoyed it. Put off playing the games I got for Christmas & Birthday because I want to get it finished to find out what the hell is going off.

Edited by lostmario

Only 1 page for this thread?

I'm expecting this to be my first purchase of 2015 when it hits the unmissable £12.99 mark :heh: I'll probably sell a couple of things to make way for it in an attempt to further tidy up my collection :heh:

Finished it last night, brilliant game. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Silent Hill & Resident evil.

I'll be playing through it again once I've got through my backlog. TOO MANY GAMES!

Finished it last night, brilliant game. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Silent Hill & Resident evil.

I'll be playing through it again once I've got through my backlog. TOO MANY GAMES!

You still need Tomb Raider as well! :D

You still need Tomb Raider as well! :D

I have that but have yet to play on it. I just have way too many games.

Sign in to follow this