NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Paul

eShop download codes now at GAME, cheaper than RRP

Finally, GAME are selling download codes for the digital versions of games, cheaper than they are available for on the eShop! They are generally the same price as the physical versions, except Fire Emblem is a fiver cheaper if you want to download it. Interestingly, it says it's a GAME exclusive, so it looks like we won't be seeing these codes from other retailers just yet.

Click here!

We've teamed up as the exclusive UK retailer

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I WANTED IT ON SHOPTO!!!

It would've been cheaper on there :(

On the plus side, it seems that they'll have the physical download cards in stores as well :)

hub_Nintendo_EShop_V2_02.jpg

hub_Nintendo_EShop_V2_03.jpg

Hope that doesn't stay that way for long. Come on Shopto & Amazon! Work something out with Nintendo and start undercutting Game!

That 25% extra for trade-ins that go towards Digital downloads looks interesting. It ends on the 17th of May, I've got some games I can trade in and I already have a reward card so I could get something if there's a sale before the promotion ends or I find something suitable for my 3DS.

So, if I buy a download code, do they post me a card with the number on it, or email me the code?

This could save me a few quid as I only download for the 3DS now.

So, if I buy a download code, do they post me a card with the number on it, or email me the code?

From the site, you can select normal or "download only". So you can buy the download version and get it straight away (I got my PS+ codes from them instantly)

How country-specific are these codes? One would think they work on all European/Australian 3DS's that have access to the eShop but you never know.

Thanks @Cube I fiddled around a bit on the GAME online store and yes I can 100% confirm that they will send the download code to the email account of your choosing, brilliant, this will save me a few quid. Bring it on other stores please and let's get some pricing competition going!

Cheers for that, currently downloading it now. I don't usually sell my games so it's good to make a saving. Also if it's anything like the PSP, it works out better to get a download version (on the Vita you can redownload digital PSP games you've bought before for free, but if you have UMDs you're stuffed).

This is brilliant news and the news I've been waiting to hear for a while.

I have started to embrace digital downloads for my 3DS as it's great to not have to switch cartridges every time I want to play something else. Plus it means there's no need for a really bulky case to contain all the cartridges as well as the console. :heh:

Very good indeed. : peace:

Finally, GAME are selling download codes for the digital versions of games, cheaper than they are available for on the eShop! They are generally the same price as the physical versions, except Fire Emblem is a fiver cheaper if you want to download it. Interestingly, it says it's a GAME exclusive, so it looks like we won't be seeing these codes from other retailers just yet.

Click here!

This is brilliant news, and exactly what I think they need to do to get DD really flying. We won't see them drop in price as physical media does, but it's such a cheap thing for retailers to have it's amazing. Do kinda wish ShopTo had them too though, still dislike GAME myself.

It's a shame they're still expensive.

This is the only downside, physical can still be found a bit cheaper in places.

I'm very much in favour of digital purchases for handhelds. Lugging a case of games around is inconvenient, especially if you're using a 3DSXL and the goddamn beast of a circle pad pro XL. It would also be awful to lose the case of games somehow and be severely out of pocket.

Is there any kind of recompense if your system is stolen or replaced? This has always been kind of a grey area with Nintendo's downloads. I've read conflicting information about getting the games back if you lose your system/have to replace it. I have Mario 3D Land and Monster Hunter on the system as downloaded games and I'm likely to buy more if I know my shit is safe.

This is the only downside, physical can still be found a bit cheaper in places.

True, but not at launch for Fire Emblem I don't think. Or at least not much cheaper.

Fire Emblem went upto £35 at most places. Shopto still has it for £32 but £35 for the digital version is good. Hoping they get the Animal Crossing codes available quickly on launch and for a cheaper price, don't see why they wouldn't.

True, but not at launch for Fire Emblem I don't think. Or at least not much cheaper.

Shopto sell the physical one for £3 cheaper than GAME are selling the digital one for (hence why I'm annoyed that they're not carrying them yet :p )

Still, it's a huge improvement from buying from the eShop directly. We're getting there, slowly but surely! :)

I'm very much in favour of digital purchases for handhelds. Lugging a case of games around is inconvenient, especially if you're using a 3DSXL and the goddamn beast of a circle pad pro XL. It would also be awful to lose the case of games somehow and be severely out of pocket.

Is there any kind of recompense if your system is stolen or replaced? This has always been kind of a grey area with Nintendo's downloads. I've read conflicting information about getting the games back if you lose your system/have to replace it. I have Mario 3D Land and Monster Hunter on the system as downloaded games and I'm likely to buy more if I know my shit is safe.

some people have got there games back, others have not. Nintendo do make you get a police report which is laughable.

Its a joke that in 2013 we still dont have accounts.

My bro lost his original 3DS and he never got any of his downloadable games back.

Edited by khilafah

some people have got there games back, others have not. Nintendo do make yo u get a police report which is laughable.

Its a joke that in 2013 we still dont have accounts.

My bro lost his original 3DS and he ever got any of his downloadable games back.

Wow, Nintendo really are still in the dark ages still with regards to online.

Yeah, that is complete bullshit. Light years behind as usual.

Fire Emblem on download for £34.99.

Physical copy from Amazon for £35.

I'll stick with physical for the moment. Even it it's a penny more expensive.

Just went to GAME to trade in some...well games, anyway the prices for the retail download cards are the same as the eShop.

Fire Emblem is £39.99, same with LM2, MK7, Castlevania etc. The Wii U retail download cards are also set at the RRP.

Stick with the website for now.

Sign in to follow this