NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Party Island Tour

And so it begins...

16D1B9CA-AAC2-49B8-95E1-4556CA1C2323_zpspdptibso.jpg

5FDDF593-12C2-4E7F-8D2A-C9B2DD48E0A6_zpsmqipnpul.jpg

Every single Mario Party game (excluding Advance obviously, because it's single player only) shall be played back-to-back today. Tears shall be shed, friendships shall be destroyed and lols shall be had by the shedload :D

Boards will be decided by dice roll!

The results shall be shown later on tonight, when all fun has been completed! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

And so it begins...

16D1B9CA-AAC2-49B8-95E1-4556CA1C2323_zpspdptibso.jpg

5FDDF593-12C2-4E7F-8D2A-C9B2DD48E0A6_zpsmqipnpul.jpg

Every single Mario Party game (excluding Advance obviously, because it's single player only) shall be played back-to-back today. Tears shall be shed, friendships shall be destroyed and lols shall be had by the shedload :D

Boards will be decided by dice roll!

The results shall be shown later on tonight, when all fun has been completed! : peace:

This is amazing. I am so jealous. :bowdown:

I've tried it and most of the new boards are crap, they take the focus away from the mini games which are the most important part of Mario Party imo. There's only 1 classic style board. the mini games themselves are pretty fun but to be honest I'd say if you want a portable Mario Party get the DS game it has 5 excellent boards and fun mini games.

Haha! Quality post, @Dcubed.

I remember playing all of the console ones with my mates back in the day. We had such a laugh when they first introduced the microphone to the series. Thing never worked properly but it made for some fantastic lol moments.

As much as I would love the series to have an online mode, there is no denying that this is a local multiplayer game at it's heart.

Did anyone else buy the digital copy from GAME? My code hadn't arrived earlier, so I contacted customer support and was told the codes were delayed but would arrive soon. That was 5 hours ago and still nothing. I get an error whenever trying to access the downloads page too.

I was quite looking forward to having a Mario Party on my birthday. :(

Aww, we ran out of time. Only finished 7 out of the 12 games so far...

The battle continues on Monday! (Sneak peak at the results so far... It's not looking good for me :laughing:)

Played some 4 player at the Cardiff StreetPass meetup today. At first it seemed fine, but then it started to lag badly. Lots of slow down, which was especially bad on certain mini games. Not really sure if it was just a poorly programmed game, or if there was just way too much wireless signals in the pub we were playing at. After a while of putting up with the lag, 1 person got a connection error and no one could be arsed playing Mario Party anymore.

As promised; the results! (I was either Wario or Waluigi - The ultimate evil duo :grin: )

9E4B816E-703E-4503-BE4F-867D2BDDDE23_zpsozfvpn7n.jpg

10 chance times! Yes, 10 fecking Chance Times in one game! In all my years of Mario Partying, I have NEVER seen this happen in a 20 turn game before! :o

When a game starts off giving someone a -9 coin minus block ON THE FIRST TURN, you know you're in for a good time! :D

AD452595-BC4A-43D8-BD1A-C8C8EC79EB99_zps11a0ctsz.jpg

2 bank robberies later (and 2 cheeky hidden blocks with stars inside later ;) ) and I STILL manage to lose! Bloody Luigi wins by doing nothing... (that damn last turn and that fecking sneaky Boo... not that I would've won anyway since I seemed to fail miserably at playing mini games somehow :blush:)

12F3B4A0-3C4E-4327-91F1-DCF2ABDCCD64_zpsi7v48lfl.jpg

Funnily enough, for being my favourite MP game, it was also hilariously boring. Literally nothing interesting happened for the whole first 10 turns! Not a single star was gained, nothing!

Then I got to Game Guy and it all snowballed from there... How I love you so much :bowdown:

0950F3F6-2619-4D97-BA0B-8DEC0AC8079F_zpskb2k8esq.jpg

Apologies for the crappy picture, it was really snapped in a hurry...

A game of many ups and downs... but mostly downs! We were playing on DK's board (where the Ukikis throw bananas to determine if you go up or down at junctions) and 12 attempts later, not a single bloody player went up! Not once! So nobody could get to the last Star in the end no matter how much we tried... (Magic lamps were a popular choice here :laughing:)

27FA03D6-C30D-4C05-BA16-1B52F2CC6FED_zpsreykldfc.jpg

This game usually hates me (what with near enough 70% of the minigames being total luck) but not this time amazingly enough! No Get a Rope to be seen! (thank God!) And we were even lucky enough to get All Capsule Events in the last 5 turns! Yeah... this was a fun one! (and Pirahna Plants seemed to LOVE Boo this time around :laughing: Believe it or not, but he actually won the Coin Star! :o)

8CE52342-CB95-4531-8CE3-83AA01224765_zpsfwbhr6ws.jpg

Yeah... It's my cousin's favourite Mario Party game (he was Boo) and it shows... He loves it and it loves him (dirty little cheat...) I actually had 8 Stars at one point! :o That didn't last... :laughing:

F48066DB-3595-4F98-8592-50220630A277_zpsshq5x9w7.jpg

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't beat the Kung Boo... Bowser really had it out for me in this game; just couldn't reach the top (and I was the only player who didn't play the kung foo minigame. Clearly my skills are lacking; more training is yet needed :p)

73EC86CA-1A14-4DB6-ACDB-F344B8B59847_zpsiz7epjbv.jpg

My God this game is terrible... It's even WORSE than I remember! And ironically it would be THIS game where I finally win again :blank: This game was as spastic as the trains themselves. A lovely total BS victory, where Boo missed that last star by a single space! :D

1F105F9C-E620-4F69-907C-B3718121901E_zps6zdyqspz.jpg

100 MINI STARS!!! NEEEEWWWW RECORD!!!

Holy cow! I have NEVER seen it go so high! :o That was one hell of a game! We all got trapped for about 4 turns in the lucky zone and just kept going round collecting Mini Stars. It was great! (BTW, we had a conversion rate of 10 ministars = 1 normal star for the total rankings, so I got 7.6 stars in that game - which is apparently a bad result! :o )

06EFEB00-1626-419F-B9CD-97C8AC46F4ED_zpsgnyzzxmf.jpg

For the 99% of you out there that have never played this game... I'm the one who lost :laughing: Since I got 1 out of the 4 items you need to win the game, I got a measly 1.5 stars (the winner got 6!) This game is so much fun! :heart:

3AEE7192-5CF2-483F-B33C-1F456420E9EA_zpsfigcq2uc.jpg

Another weird game where all the stars came right at the end. I got 4 stars in the last 2 turns! But even that wasn't enough :p TBH, I think we all ended up losing more stars than we actually earned in the end. Those Bowser spaces and 2-Star hexes are ridiculously harsh! :o

7266FB7E-63C8-4DCC-8303-9B93EB9E5989_zpsflfmjse3.jpg

And now... the whole reason for the Mario Party-athon in the first place... Aaaand I lost (of course!) This course is weird (actually the whole game is weird! - it feels even closer to Wii Party than MP9 did!). We also did Rocket Run, where the whole match finished in the span of a single turn! (it was so weird that we ended up doing two boards in this game, since we had no idea what we were doing :p )

And the final rankings...

I came last with a "crappy" 41.5 stars... first place got 50.5 (nice!)

Fun times! :D

BTW, here's my overall ranking of the series (not counting Advance, because it's single player only, e, since it's totally different, or IT, since the latter is too new to judge yet)

3>1>6>2>7=9>DS>5>4>Dog Shite>8

Edited by Dcubed