NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Party Island Tour

Is it download play at least?!!

Dunno, but I'd be very shocked if it wasn't, considering that almost all of Nintendo's multiplayer 3DS games support it, as did Mario Party DS - hell that game offered download play for the complete game, not cut down in any way!

Mario Party DS was a fantastic game, I had a blast playing the download play multiplayer with a group of friends. Probably the best DS multiplayer experience I had.

Another one for 2014.

NoE:

"Not announced in this latest Nintendo Direct, but in order to deliver the optimum gaming experience for fans, Mario Party: Island Tour will now launch in early 2014."

Yeah, saw this one yesterday. A bit upsetting, but not too bad when you consider that it was due to release only a couple of weeks after Wii Party U anyway.

The DKCTF delay hurts a lot more...

I did think it was odd that we'd still seen barely anything about this. It's a shame but the 3DS could do with a few more first-party releases next year.

Since when has any Mario Party or Wii Party game ever gotten a good review?

These games aren't meant for the likes of CVG or IGN; they're social games that are designed for local play, laughs and punching the dick next to you who just nicked your last star :D

Edited by Dcubed

Since when has any Mario Party or Wii Party game ever gotten a good review?

These games aren't meant for the likes of CVG or IGN; they're social games that are designed for local play, laughs and punching the dick next to you who just nicked your last star :D

I cant believe there is no online.

Mario Party will still sell super well on 3DS even if the reviews are poor. Hell, even I'm interested. Mario Party sessions are hilarious.

Continuing on from the earlier review. Looks like its not so hot.

IGN SCORES MARIO PARTY: ISLAND TOUR WITH A 5.5

IGN has reviewed Mario Party: Island Tour and has given the game a score of a 5.5/10. While the review praises the ambitious download play and gameboard designs, it trashes the minigames and the new single player mode. Aggregate site Metacritic has the game at a score of 64 with eight reviews having come in. Have you played Mario Party: Island Tour for the Nintendo 3DS yet? What are your impressions of the game?

Mario Party: Island Tour’s single-player campaign is laughably bad, and the ambitious, content-rich multiplayer options and unique game boards are ultimately dragged down by mostly boring minigames and unfortunate system-jerking motion control. A group of friends might only have fleeting good times with this collection.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/22/ign-scores-mario-party-island-tour-with-a-5-5/

So this is out next week! Is anybody buying it?

I loooooove Mario Party - but this is getting such bad reviews! :(

I don't know whether I want to dump thirty quid on a game that isn't meant to be too much fun, although if I'm honest I've always found the reviews of Mario Party to be way off. They're never that bad and there is always some fun to be had IMO.

Having said that, I've never been a huge fan of the single player and all I will be playing is the single player which leaves me wondering if this will be worth a cheeky purchase.

It looks so colourful and fun though! : peace:

I paid off my ShopTo pre-order the other day. Mainly getting it for the monthly 3DS StreetPass meets we have in our area, so the local multiplayer fun should justify the purchase. Even if I decide to sell it on a few months down the line, it features download play, so I'm sure someone at our meets will still have a copy :laughing:

Yeah part of me is thinking that if it sucks I can sell it on fairly quickly and recoup most of the funds.

I wonder if there is an option just to play the mini games as apparently the selection is very good with only a couple of duds.

I think they need to release a MP on the Wii U - with the gamepad there are endless possibilities to breathe new life into the series. Plus, it is definitely more suited to a home console than a handheld IMO.

Mainly getting it for the monthly 3DS StreetPass meets we have in our area

Same here. There's a meetup the day after it comes out, should be good fun for at least the weekend.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the gyro control mini games, why did they have to add such gimmicky rubbish? :shakehead