NEurope
Retro_Link

Yoshi's NEW Island

Great box art

Seriously, it's too far zoomed in. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

People said the same about 3D Land.

Oh, and the pre-order bonus

BeqgEaXCIAAFdgi.jpg

Is that a GAME pre-order bonus?

I hope not , those bastards won't send it

Let's hope the game is quality too.

Seriously, it's too far zoomed in. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

Oh, and the pre-order bonus

BeqgEaXCIAAFdgi.jpg

Where did you find the pre order bonus Serebii ?

So far the art work for the game looks better than what I've seen from the actual game.

This is one for the backlog.

4qADNTk.jpg

knOp6MP.jpg

0jlruCg.jpg

k1mYgy4.jpg

Lvywl4y.jpg

The rest can be found here

Edited by -Dem0-

I hope not , those bastards won't send it

Where did you find the pre order bonus Serebii ?

Someone posted it on GAF

A bit earlier than I was expecting, so that's nice :)

That being said, I don't have a good feeling about this one (or a bad one, while. I'm at it!) From what they've shown of the game, there are exactly zero new game mechanics that were not present in the original SNES game other than the sole exception of the giant egg move (which apparently is soooo important that it ends up taking up most of the entire box art to itself!)

I get that feeling that this game is content to be nothing more than an expansion pack style "more of the same" sequel to the original SNES game and if that's the case, then I'm not interested.

Quite frankly, they haven't convinced me that the game actually deserves the title of Yoshi's New Island. There's nothing bloody new here at all! The NSMB games (for whatever you might say about the series' boring art style) all offered lots of new game mechanics, concepts and ideas throughout their respective adventures. If you can't offer that with YNI then it doesn't deserve that title!

Edited by Dcubed

It's hard for me to get excited by Yoshi's New Island when I'm not the biggest fan of the previous Yoshi's Island games and Nintendo having seemed to have done their best to make this one look and sound so dreary..

Having said that, a lot of people thought Super Mario 3D World lacked appeal until just before release. Maybe the same will happen here :heh:

I just wish they would not use that same song over and over again. Surely, the game has more tunes than that right? Right?

It seems a bit... simple? Basic? Bland?

(from someone who's never played a Yoshi's Island game)

Yoshi looks a little more drawn and less like an n64 model on a prerendered background...it might actually look a lot better on 3DS, still it would have been nice to have everything drawn and flat and less 3d modeled

Still not a single new gameplay mechanic that wasn't in the original SNES game outside of the giant egg move and the binoculars (and no. Adding gyro controls to the old Yoshi transformations, while not changing anything else, doesn't count!)

This preview here also doesn't full me with much confidence. Just more of the same... :blank:

Edited by Dcubed

Lvywl4y.jpg

The rest can be found here

Lovely! These though....have these enemies been in a game somewhere before? I feel like they have but I can't place what or where...a Yoshi's Island secret/bonus stage??

Anyhow, whilst it looks lovely, I do agree it looks rather like more of the same. Might keep an eye out to pick it up at a bargain price - played some of Yoshi's Island 2/DS when they made it and it just didn't grab me quite like the original did unfortunately, so now I'm a bit wary.

Edited by Rummy

This will be my first Yoshi's Island so I'll be going with no real expectations but judging from the trailers, the new Kirby game looks so much more better than this. Hopefully they have just been bad trailers and the game is better than it seems.

This will be my first Yoshi's Island so I'll be going with no real expectations

Play the GBA Yoshi's Island that's on your 3DS. It's an all-time classic!

That is actually a rather tempting price. I still have to ACTUALLY finish off ALBW and Dream Team AND then my countless console and steam games but....I'm rather bloody tempted by that for £25.

Just make sure you don't give in to the dark side. :laughing:

I'm afraid I turned to the dark side. GAME are selling it for £27.99 so figured I would give it a punt. For an extra £3.00 the case could be mine. I say could because given what happened with 3D World I may not get the thing. :D

I've been watching a couple of videos of this recently and am starting to want it, despite not being a huge fan of the first 2 games :indeed:

My 3DS is desperate for some attention so I'm looking to sell on a few old games that I don't really need or want and maybe pick this and A Link Between Worlds up over the next few weeks to revitalise the console..

What the hell is going on with some of the music?! :shakehead

, which makes this even more perplexing. :blank:

@RedShell Yeah, it's really basic, sort of easy listening style blips and blops. Oh dear...

Same with the whole game, really. It looks quite uninspired, as it has the exact same formula, environments, enemies etc...