NEurope
Retro_Link

Yoshi's NEW Island

It could be a catch domain, just in case anyone is looking for "[that] new yoshi's island".

It could be a catch domain, just in case anyone is looking for "[that] new yoshi's island".

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping

... anyone almost nod off during that? :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I loved Yoshi's Island on the SNES. such a gorgeous game....This may have to be a day one purchase...although...TOO MANY PLATFORMERS!

Oh, so I was wrong! It's not being made by HAL, it's being made by Arzest!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34560

I didn't think that they'd be big enough to make a retail 3DS title, but I guess I'm wrong!

BTW, this team consists of former Artoon and SEGA developers. They previously made the Streetpass Mii Plaza games and several Wii Play Motion games (Jump Park was one of theirs)

The trailer posted above didn't do much for me to be honest.

Will definitely be a case of wait for the demo (if there is one) or review of this...

the music in the trailer was the dullest bit, but its more yoshi's island still and i always wanted more

Trailer seems to be...ok. I'll approach it with caution and wait for release/reviews. Is there a date for this yet anyway? I loved Yoshi's Island, and that'll be enough to possibly sell it to me - but again where's the innovation(the larger eggs seem to be a point of innovation, at least).

I will probably get this game when it's out next year, but I want them to fix one thing.

ZOOM OUT. Seriously, the camera is way too close, every jump is essentially a leap of faith

That didn't excite me at all BUT neither did the original game at first and I loved that.

Did we get a release date for this or is it just down as a spring title?

This looks dull beyond all belief. I know it actually won't be, but these trailers for it do the game absolutely no justice at all. The first one was insane good, story 64 was okay, Island 2 was okay but just irritating and frustrating and just felt recycled, with extra characters being a good idea (I think, can't really remember!).

I just don't know what to think we're getting from this? Is this just a rehash or a NEW Mario style reboot? (Which is now just about rehashing...sadly. If only each successive game had been a reboot of each of the earlier Mario games, with New Mario 2 following the style of Mario 2 US/UK).

They really need to zoom the bloody hell out in this game. It is way too zoomed in

They really need to zoom the bloody hell out in this game. It is way too zoomed in

Yeah I noticed that :/ That said the game looks quite slow paced so it might be too much of an issue.

Visually it looks better at least, the 3D objects like the pipes and character models seem to have been blended in more.

A release date for the US has been announced.

Nintendo has great Nintendo 3DS games planned for early 2014 to keep the momentum going. Yoshi’s New Island launches March 14 in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. The game is being produced by Takashi Tezuka, the creative director of the original Yoshi’s Island for Super NES. Yoshi reunites with Baby Mario in a gorgeous landscape to help him to safety. Flutter jumps, ground pounds and egg throws all return, along with some new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS.

Great. I have plenty of time to play through Yoshi's Island DS before this one then.

Why would you do that to yourself? :D

Quality boxart. :D

Let's hope the game is quality too.

Seriously, it's too far zoomed in. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???

Oh, and the pre-order bonus

BeqgEaXCIAAFdgi.jpg