NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I think they're both on the tougher end of the scale (not that you'll struggle) but I found the ice palace to be more fun/memorable.

I felt the Ice Palace was meant to be last, just because it's so difficult to get to. Actually, that's the one real difficulty spike in this game. You could try to explore that area way too early and get defeated by the fire-breathing lions.

Anyone had a chance to try out Streetpass yet?

Strangely...yes.

It's pretty cool, but somewhat shallow. Feel sorry for the people who passed me. Their characters were weak...mine had full hearts, powered up Fire Rod and Bow.

I felt the Ice Palace was meant to be last, just because it's so difficult to get to. Actually, that's the one real difficulty spike in this game. You could try to explore that area way too early and get defeated by the fire-breathing lions.

Aaaaaaaaaand...that's exactly what I tried to do when I did the tower as my first choice dungeon in the light world :p

Is the way to do it really just to trial and error jumping off the platforms? Took me a while to get it right!

164423_10152084298389310_1497116765_n.jpg

Anyone had a chance to try out Streetpass yet?

I've had two, and a third that was just too awesome for me to take on at the time. Need to go back and see if he's still there to fight - is it only possible to have one active Shadow Link challengy thing at a time?

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Must admit I sort of wish this game had a bit more story to it. A few cutscenes during the Lorule dungeons wouldn't be a bad thing, beyond Hilda talking to Zelda. Or when you rescue each sage. Hope the end makes up for it.

When I started I rocked in 3D mode a lot, I've settled into 2D now just because I forgot - but I must say the 3D HAS been fantastic in this game. I'm still two dungeons to go(ice and swamp...which is sorta fire I think?) and taking my time, but still loving it.

Btw @Mr\-Paul - here's a pic of the front of the little booklet LttP came with! I think I can still remember a couple of the tips it listed...

us_snes_topsecrets.jpg

Only just seen this as I was in France yesterday! But that's pretty cool. Yeah you could say it makes it too easy to cheat, but I think it's quite a nice idea for those who may have got really stuck in the pre-internet days!

It'd be cool if they put little extras like this in retail boxes more often, not necessarily cheats/walkthroughs/tips, but story booklets/character art/bios etc. Too often nowadays games don't have real manuals like we used to have back in the day!

Must admit I sort of wish this game had a bit more story to it. A few cutscenes during the Lorule dungeons wouldn't be a bad thing, beyond Hilda talking to Zelda. Or when you rescue each sage. Hope the end makes up for it.

The ending is awesome. Even more so if you've played through LTTP.

The lack of story between dungeons never bothered me as it's just like it was in LTTP. So it's very much kept in the true spirit of the original game.

Aaaaaaaaaand...that's exactly what I tried to do when I did the tower as my first choice dungeon in the light world :p

Is the way to do it really just to trial and error jumping off the platforms? Took me a while to get it right!

Downwards through the lava or upwards through the ice? For the former, you just have to jump off slightly before the platform you want to land on is due to pass below you. For the latter, it's mainly a case of being patient and seeing which other ice blocks appear for you to join.

Both scenarios are examples of where I really do think it's easier to play in 3D.

(Unless you mean the Ice Palace itself, which is about getting all the areas to eventually link up.)

Downwards through the lava or upwards through the ice? For the former, you just have to jump off slightly before the platform you want to land on is due to pass below you. For the latter, it's mainly a case of being patient and seeing which other ice blocks appear for you to join.

Both scenarios are examples of where I really do think it's easier to play in 3D.

(Unless you mean the Ice Palace itself, which is about getting all the areas to eventually link up.)

Ahhh, I'd meant getting down there through the lava - was on my way to the Ice Palace already when I posted. Finished that and the Fire/Swamp Palace now...just Lorule to go! Did the Treacherous Tower challenges too, though I've still got something to get if I complete advanced again.

As amazing as this game is, could they have cheaped out any more on the logo animation???? Terrible.

Finally finished :)

What an outstanding Zelda game. Loved the ending, the part where Lorule's dead triforce turned golden again just before the end credits was really nice. Though I thought the Yuga/Ganon thing was a bit confusing, it's like they couldn't make up their mind who the final boss should be. Loved shooting the light arrow backwards around the wall to finish him off.

The thing I loved most about this game is that it was back to basics, classic Zelda where exploration in particular was the key ingredient. There were secrets and sidequests everywhere and it was all so natural and fun to just wander around and explore. The Maimais added a lot as well, especially the rewards you got for finding them. The super spin attack was amazing, used it all the time.

Also liked how they still left a big treasure chest in each of the Lorule dungeons to find, mostly with non-essential items, but it at least gave you a nice reward for doing some extra work. Loved all the extras like the two different mails, the stamina scroll, ores etc. Also little touches like 'befriending' the bees and

I'm really hoping Nintendo stick to this same formula for their next 3DS game. A definite return to form given some recent entries. A sequel is unlikely but I'd like them to use the same engine for another adventure. Painting Link was very clever and put a whole new twist on top down exploration.

An absolute joy from start to finish. Framerate, visuals, UI, sound effects, humour, polish, pacing, music, 3D design, animations all absolutely spot on. Cheers Ninty, we're not worthy of such greatness. :bowdown:

And now I can finally start 3D World.... :)

Edited by Ike
Spoilers!

Japanese TV adverts.

Fantastic throwback to the ALttP advert.

(It's here! It's here! Super Famicom!)

Gamespot just awarded this 'game of the year'. Needless to say, the comment section is hilarious! :D

Gamespot just awarded this 'game of the year'. Needless to say, the comment section is hilarious! :D

Haha! People are clearly bitter. :D

Well deserved in my opinion. It's a cracking game and the breath of fresh air the series needed.

Well deserved in my opinion. It's a cracking game and the breath of fresh air the series needed.

'But.it's a kids game! GTA should have won'

'HAHAHAH IS THIS A JOKE'

'Really ? U saw the epic nomines and this zelda gets it wtf its for sure gta v or assasin creed black flag even mario is better than this shit and who got nintendo these days'

Oh man this is classic. Here's hoping Father Christmas gets me this game for Christmas :)

'But.it's a kids game! GTA should have won'

'HAHAHAH IS THIS A JOKE'

'Really ? U saw the epic nomines and this zelda gets it wtf its for sure gta v or assasin creed black flag even mario is better than this shit and who got nintendo these days'

Oh man this is classic. Here's hoping Father Christmas gets me this game for Christmas :)

This right here is exactly what's wrong with gaming.

The comments are hilarious.

I liked this one:

"This is a joke right? A fucking 2 year old could make a better game than this, this game would've deserved game of the year in 1985, but not in 2013"

Reading those comments is funny and depressing in equal measure.

Fully deserved, a wonderful game.

This right here is exactly what's wrong with gaming.

We say this, but it was exactly the same a decade ago. It was the same in the Wii era, it was the same in the GameCube era. Probably the same in the N64 era, too. I can't comment on the SNES era or before that, but the internet has given a platform for many to express their views such as this.

We say that it's getting worse, but it's pretty much the same. There's just more exposure and more places where people can air their thoughts like that. Years ago it was on forums, before that it was magazines, and before that it was in the playground with your friends or kids in school. Now, it's all of the above, plus youtube, plus website comment sections, plus facebook, plus twitter.

We say this, but it was exactly the same a decade ago. It was the same in the Wii era, it was the same in the GameCube era. Probably the same in the N64 era, too. I can't comment on the SNES era or before that, but the internet has given a platform for many to express their views such as this.

We say that it's getting worse, but it's pretty much the same. There's just more exposure and more places where people can air their thoughts like that. Years ago it was on forums, before that it was magazines, and before that it was in the playground with your friends or kids in school. Now, it's all of the above, plus youtube, plus website comment sections, plus facebook, plus twitter.

To be fair I never said it was any different, just that it's exactly what's wrong with gaming. I agree with everything you have said.

Thing is, most of these comments probably come from little kids who shouldn't be playing the type of games they are defending in the first place.

To be fair I never said it was any different, just that it's exactly what's wrong with gaming. I agree with everything you have said.

Thing is, most of these comments probably come from little kids who shouldn't be playing the type of games they are defending in the first place.

Oh aye, totally agree, brah. Fecking 10 year olds thinking that they're "the man" by playing GTAV.

If there's one thing that hasn't improved at all, it's the fact that youngsters are able to get their hands on games that are well above their recommended age. In fact, I'd say it's one thing that has probably worsened.