NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

OK so I've located all dungeon entrances....

[spoiler=CHOICES! Which temple to start with :heh:]

Well 6 actually, the one in the desert area to the south east I can't get to the actual entrance, seems like I need another item to get there (guessing the Sand Rod.... so guess I have to find the Dungeon Osfala is in first before I can do this dungeon)

I started with the ALttP order but I can't remember the actual order after the first dungeon so just picked the ones by random. I tend to do the ALttP dungeons in the wrong order anyway. :laughing:

Actual think I got the "correct" order until the fourth one.

Yeah, I got stuck there as well. I came to the same conclusion, although I suspected he was in that dungeon.

Just found out about that now, assumed Ravio would provide them at some point. I've upgraded the Bombs, Bow, Wind Rod and Hammer.

Got 3 dungeons left now.

Got stuck on this one for a while. Actually worked out the solution but it seems my "aim" was off so it didn't actually trigger. Was starting to wonder if I had missed anything.

Boss was great and actually took a load of hits to go down. Came close to getting a game over.

This dungeon wasn't where I thought it should be, threw me off. Some good puzzles in here.

Boss was great, but a bit easy.

Have I said I hos good this game is?

Anyway got 68 of teh buggers now and only just realised for every 10 you return to the mother she will upgrade a weapon that you have bought :D

Have upgraded all my bought weapons now :D Bow, Tornado Rod, Fire Rod, Hookshot, Bombs and Hammer.

Decided to do the Ice Ruins first, what a dungeon that was. Loved it. great puzzles throughout. A few headscratchers too. And the boss was tough as nails... made me use all 3 fairy bottles, was sweating it. and here me thinkig all my exploring getin me up to 9 hearts and upgraded weapon before just my 3rd dungeon would see me overpowered... glad to see i was wrong. nice increase in difficulty had me worried for a bit

Finally picked up my cart today, just started playing it within the last hour or so. Nostalgia.

15 hours played and I'm about to take on...

...my 7th dungeon.

The final Sage will be saved from the Desert. :hehe:

I've also just upgraded the Master Sword.

Was expecting the red blade from ALttP, and I wasn't disappointed. :yay: So cool. :awesome:

Have bought all of the items now too...

I like how he retires after you buy everything. :heh:

I have a feeling I should get this. I haven't finished Spirit Tracks yet, though.

You should get this. The sense of feeling familiar to please the old crew and the new seamlessly blend together. I am quite taken aback by how it looks and feels to play. Link controls so fluidly that playing just feels like an extension of myself. I can't put it down.

After only getting an hours play on Thursday and then no time on this on Friday I just sat down yesterday and practically played on it all day. That being the case I am now at the final battle of the game.

I took few snaps during the course of my adventure.

photo1_zps6c84436b.jpg

He should have a nice retirement seeing as I have drop a bunch of cash on him during the course of my adventure.

photo3_zps11380356.jpg

After saving all the Sages my progress was like his...

photo2_zpsc5fb9d4b.jpg

After heart collecting and doing everything but the boss in the final dungeon I was all powered up.

photo4_zps04ce5b1b.jpg

I wanna finish the sidequest off of find all those Maiamai before fighting the last boss. I think I have just over half of them so far and it's been a great little sidequest to keep me occupied while traversing Hyrule/Lorule.

I feel I can give my thoughts on the game now seeing as im pretty much finished it. For me it's easily the best Zelda game in years. Now that isn't to say I haven't enjoyed the Zelda games in recent years, it's just that this one actually feels like a proper, old school, Zelda adventure game with all the filler and fluff stripped back. It just lets you get one with the game, with no hand holding, no constant pops saying that you have picked up a rupee. It just gives you a sword at the start and sets you on your way.

There are so many nods to LTTP, which really made me nostalgic. The biggest one for me was just the little tune that plays when you save. People who have played LTTP should recognise that it's the tune that plays when using the flute. It's such a little thing but it really tugged at my heart strings.

Another nod to LTTP which I thought was great was the locations of one of the bottles being exactly the same in both games. I won't spoil which one but it made me smile when I checked it out.

The music in this game is nothing short of amazing. With remixed tracks from LTTP and new tunes that are just as catchy as the originals.

Dungeon wise again this game pulls out all the stops. Being all able to them in any order is a stroke of genius but the dungeons themselves are some of the best in the Zelda series. I found some of the puzzles quite hard but in a good and challenging way. There was many a time where I had to warp back to the start of a dungeon and try going through it again to see if I had missed something. It's a great feeling being stumped and then something just clicking and you're on you're way again.

The only negative thing that I can say about the game is the boss battles. If you're new to the series or haven't played LTTP then it won't be an issue but for me a lot of the boss battles were far too similar to the original game. Granted, some of them had been tweaked a bit but it was still a little bit too familiar.

The work that has been done in recreating the Zelda formula, or taking it back to its roots, is very encouraging and it brings me hope that the series will be back on track when the next console version is released.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

@Hero\-of\-Time

Going to get this game for xmas but...

No hand holding?

No constant prompts?

HOW WILL I COPE!!?

There are so many nods to LTTP, which really made me nostalgic. The biggest one for me was just the little tune that plays when you save. People who have played LTTP should recognise that it's the tune that plays when using the flute. It's such a little thing but it really tugged at my heart strings.
Yeah, I had a massive smile on my face when I first heard that too, lovely touch. :love:

Another nod to LTTP which I thought was great was the locations of one of the bottles being exactly the same in both games. I won't spoil which one but it made me smile when I checked it out.
Hehehe. :)

Literally the first thing I did after getting the flippers.

:D

I wonder how many people will play through this without even realising you can go under the bridge? :hehe:

HOW WILL I COPE!!?
How will your 3DS cope more like it. :heh:

Just finished a second dungeon, I have a bad feeling this game's main storyline is very short, really loving it though.

Must admit I sort of miss finding dungeon items in the actual dungeon but oh well.

Nerdiest nitpick ever but I wish the sound effect for getting a heart container was the console version one rather than the same sound that plays when you get any item.

How come I can only use one item at a time though, does a second button become available down the line?

How come I can only use one item at a time though, does a second button become available down the line?

I can confirm that yes it does become available... at which point I can't say but... soon.

:)

The adventure is over. The last battle is epic, as is the music that will be familiar to a few people. :)

The ending is absolutely fantastic with a cheeky surprise awaiting aswell. :D The music during the credits...I literally had tears of joy once it hit. Magic!

This game is a masterpiece and shows that when Nintendo are firing on all cylinders they are the best in the business. This is easily contender for my GOTY. Let's see how Mario will fare come Friday.

Congrats H-o-T I had no doubt that you'd finish the game before this weekend is out :) really glad to see that you enjoyed it though as it makes me look forward to finishing it too in a way - though I'm a few dungeons off yet ;) - though I still intend to relish every moment of this glorious game. :D

Have you still other things to do also? Mini-games etc?

Does anyone else use the 'game notes' feature to note down which heart pieces they have found or is it just me? I always do this in every Zelda game on the 3DS as I find it helpful when you get down to those 'last few' just as a reminder. : peace:

Congrats H-o-T I had no doubt that you'd finish the game before this weekend is out :) really glad to see that you enjoyed it though as it makes me look forward to finishing it too in a way - though I'm a few dungeons off yet ;) - though I still intend to relish every moment of this glorious game. :D

Have you still other things to do also? Mini-games etc?

I have a few more Maiamai to collect and I think that's it. I nabbed all the heart pieces, bought all the items and maxed out my rupees. I think that's most things taken care of. :D

So, now that I have reached Lorule and seen that cutscene, shall I call the boss

Yuganon

YYYEEEAAAAHHH!

So is it short? It sounds like a speedrun from one short dungeon to another with a few obstacles in between.

Not even entered the second dungeon yet (chose mountains). The pins for secrets are a blessing, though I've taken to renting loads of items incase I get to a secret. Going to take it at a chilled and relaxed pace. I also have the feeling it is going to be very short.

Obviously got zero street passes yet (haven't even gone out...) Hopefully next week I'll nab a streetpass or two. Usually I sell the games when I finish them, but I may keep this just to see what streetpass is about (I sold New Mario 2 and then DLC hit. Grrr.)

So is it short? It sounds like a speedrun from one short dungeon to another with a few obstacles in between.

It's length is probably a little longer than a first run through a LTTP. You have no cutscenes bogging things down, just pure gameplay.

EDIT: just checked my completion time and it was just over 14 hours.

Man, I need Pecasus Boots and Titan`s Mitt to do anything but I can't find them anywhere. Oh well, back to searching...

It's length is probably a little longer than a first run through a LTTP. You have no cutscenes bogging things down, just pure gameplay.

EDIT: just checked my completion time and it was just over 14 hours.

Thanks, that's re-assuring. I'd have liked a few cutscenes here and there but never mind :)

Has anyone gotten to this place? If you have, how on earth did you get to the treasure in this place? It's the only thing I've really been stuck on in this game. I spent like an hour trying to figure it out, but couldn't get there. It has 2 fans in it and you need the sand rod alongside the tornado rod.

that damn rooster game meant i'd spent about 6 hours on the game and not even done the first dungeon.......

all i got was a lousy 100 rupees

Has anyone gotten to this place? If you have, how on earth did you get to the treasure in this place? It's the only thing I've really been stuck on in this game. I spent like an hour trying to figure it out, but couldn't get there. It has 2 fans in it and you need the sand rod alongside the tornado rod.

Stuck on that as well. Going to back to it later.

Edit: Never mind, did it. You just need to create a platform to land on after using the fan.

Last sage has been rescued.

All squid things found.

6 heart pieces left to find.

1 more piece of Ore to find.

Do the Rupee Rush games give anything? Likewise with the fairy you give rupees to?

Edited by Ike