NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Didn't the latest Iwata Asks mention that the more basic visual style was necessary to work in 60fps? Especially with the transition to the 3D perspective.

Will get this tomorrow at a store near my university. Doubt it'll be sold out.

Cannot fucking wait! :bouncy:

My Zelda 3DS XL got despatched today!

Estimated delivery: monday.

*burns down Zavvi HQ*

Mine hasn't even been shipped yet! :'(

Seriously, anyone that played ALttP back in the day is going to instantly fall in love with ALBW..

That may be one of the things that has been making me reluctant to even think about purchasing this game :hmm: I did attempt A Link to the Past on SNES when I was at primary school as I borrowed it off a friend, but having never played anything like it before, I didn't honestly have a clue what was going on or what I was supposed to do. I remember jumping into one of his save files, walking out of Link's house and wondering where on earth I was supposed to be going ::shrug:

I always thought it looked and sounded great, though, and playing Ocarina of Time on N64 meant that I was always interested in going back to play A Link to the Past at some point..

With that in mind, I bought it on GBA several years ago and started to severealy lose interest as soon as I entered the dark world. Fast forward to 2013 and I downloaded it on the Wii VC and have found myself suffering the same fate. I'm sure I will return some day, I just hope that I can bring myself to get past whatever it is that seems to be preventing me from enjoying it as much as I want to!

As for Link Between Worlds, it has never looked appealing to me since it was first unveiled and I haven't been convinced by anything I've witnessed since then. If I ever return to A Link to the Past and start enjoying it again, I'm sure I'll feel more inclined to get this. As it is, though, I can't see me picking this up until there's an excellent deal on it in future.

I don't think my copy has actually been sent from ShopTo yet. Hopefully some time today to arrive tomorrow!

Rented all the items at my disposal and exploring more than hunting dungeons. It's the way to be

That may be one of the things that has been making me reluctant to even think about purchasing this game :hmm: I did attempt A Link to the Past on SNES when I was at primary school as I borrowed it off a friend, but having never played anything like it before, I didn't honestly have a clue what was going on or what I was supposed to do. I remember jumping into one of his save files, walking out of Link's house and wondering where on earth I was supposed to be going ::shrug:

I always thought it looked and sounded great, though, and playing Ocarina of Time on N64 meant that I was always interested in going back to play A Link to the Past at some point..

With that in mind, I bought it on GBA several years ago and started to severealy lose interest as soon as I entered the dark world. Fast forward to 2013 and I downloaded it on the Wii VC and have found myself suffering the same fate. I'm sure I will return some day, I just hope that I can bring myself to get past whatever it is that seems to be preventing me from enjoying it as much as I want to!

As for Link Between Worlds, it has never looked appealing to me since it was first unveiled and I haven't been convinced by anything I've witnessed since then. If I ever return to A Link to the Past and start enjoying it again, I'm sure I'll feel more inclined to get this. As it is, though, I can't see me picking this up until there's an excellent deal on it in future.

I had/got LttP as a kid with no idea what to do - you really need to be kicking off from the beginning though. It's the old school way of tutes, but you sorta start, then keep going...and suddenly you were playing the game all along. Shame it didn't work out for yourself, though.

EDIT:Well golly gosh. For the first time ever I think the ol' ShopTo/standard delivery combo has let me down. TheGameCollection...here come's all* my future business! Might give them the benefit of the doubt, but I was half wondering if this might be the case with the recent early shipping issues and stuff around other games. Other ShopTo-ers got theirs?

(*most of)

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I'm really loving this game so far! :D

I was pleasantly surprised that you can actually go quite far on the map even at a very early point in the game:

From the point where you have to 'return' the sword I actually took it and then proceeded to go around the map where I managed to nab my first heart piece early...

28re16r.jpg

15xqr14.jpg

And found this entrance to a Fairy Fountain hilariously blocked by fire...

nzkqk0.jpg

Also bonus picture...

2eow31s.jpg

*goes back to playing* :)

That may be one of the things that has been making me reluctant to even think about purchasing this game :hmm: I did attempt A Link to the Past on SNES when I was at primary school...
Primary school? Damn, /nando/ stop making me feel so old! :heh:

Yeah, I'm thinking you were probably just a bit too young to get into it. But then again...

I had/got LttP as a kid with no idea what to do - you really need to be kicking off from the beginning though. It's the old school way of tutes, but you sorta start, then keep going...and suddenly you were playing the game all along. Shame it didn't work out for yourself, though.
::shrug:

Anyway, I wouldn't let that hold you back from getting this game. Sure it shares a lot of content from ALttP, but it's very much its own game, and a bloody good one from what I've played of it so far. :)

Well golly gosh. For the first time ever I think the ol' ShopTo/standard delivery combo has let me down. TheGameCollection...here come's all* my future business! Might give them the benefit of the doubt, but I was half wondering if this might be the case with the recent early shipping issues and stuff around other games. Other ShopTo-ers got theirs?

(*most of)

That sucks man, mine was from ShopTo though.

Are TheGameCollection also good for receiving games early then?

Also bonus picture...

2eow31s.jpg

Hahaha! :laughing: I spotted...

Majoras Mask in Link's house when I started playing, but didn't think to go back and enter the wall like that. Brilliant! :bowdown:

Anyway, I just collected the Master Sword! :cool:

That moment is as awesome as ever. Now to see what's cooking at Hyrule Castle. ;)

Freaking nostalgia overload! The map, music, the first "dungeon"...., tears of joy all over my face. A massive grin just appeared on my face as I left the castle for the first time. :D

You know what's nice? Not having to do a bunch of tutorials. The game pretty much just throws you in to your adventure! This is how it should be.

That sucks man, mine was from ShopTo though.

Are TheGameCollection also good for receiving games early then?

Only used them for first time recently, bought w101 at about 1oclock in the afternoon; was here the next morning. Wasn't sure how quick they'd ship on preorders tho so stuck with shopto(plus to use my points, TGC is actually a quid cheaper for this additionally). I do recall their site listing '24 hour shipping' and I'm almost certain the w101 envelope had a 24hr postmark dealie!

Guess I just got caught on the rough end of royal mail this time, oh well!

Just got word from my mate that he got his TGC copy today apparently!

@david\.dakota ....but my copy from Nintendo own store hasn't arrived yet despite being dispatched tuesday (the email was in my junk mail it seems).......god damn it nintendo! its a good job i've got Pokemon and loads of other games in my backlog!

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Only used them for first time recently, bought w101 at about 1oclock in the afternoon; was here the next morning. Wasn't sure how quick they'd ship on preorders tho so stuck with shopto(plus to use my points, TGC is actually a quid cheaper for this additionally). I do recall their site listing '24 hour shipping' and I'm almost certain the w101 envelope had a 24hr postmark dealie!

Guess I just got caught on the rough end of royal mail this time, oh well!

Just got word from my mate that he got his TGC copy today apparently!

I reckon, yeah.

Here's hoping you get it tomorrow.

Freaking nostalgia overload! The map, music, the first "dungeon"...., tears of joy all over my face. A massive grin just appeared on my face as I left the castle for the first time. :D
Amazing, isn't it? :)

BTW, how are you finding it playing in 2D, any difficulty judging depth inside the dungeons? I've found the 3D to be incredibly useful in several situations already, that I imagine would be quite a bit trickier in 2D.

Anyway, I just entered...

Lowrule for the first time and encountered Ganon.

:cool:

Incredible stuff. Can already tell this game is gonna be something special. :smile:

Also, the wall painting mechanic is genius. Imaginative and so much fun to use, I love how there are so many potential uses for it too, not just finding secret/alternate paths but even tactically in battle. icon14.gif

Waiting until Saturday for my copy, according to the friend i'm getting the game off it's not arrived yet.

Feeling gutted I'm not playing it lol. Out of interest btw @Mr\-Paul, could you spoiler tag me your total game-play time for it for what you've played?

Yeah, my ShopTo copy is still processing. No release date Zelda for me I guess. Must be to do with me having to pay upfront via Paypal.

i'm selling the download code to @david\.dakota

Let me know when you're ready, my wallet has scorched my trousers already. That 3DS looks amazing, quite envious actually...

Scrap the above, I've seen your email.

Edited by david.dakota

Let me know when you're ready, my wallet has scorched my trousers already. That 3DS looks amazing, quite envious actually...

Scrap the above, I've seen your email.

i've sent you the code to your email! enjoy the game :grin:

wish i could:weep:

but i can just stare at this 3DS until it hopefully arrives tomorrow:grin:

does anyone know are download codes locked until launch day? Dave's not getting it to work...and neither of us have gotten a download code before launch before

does anyone know are download codes locked until launch day? Dave's not getting it to work...and neither of us have gotten a download code before launch before
Pretty sure they are, yeah. :hmm:

I'm guessing this'll go up at midnight.

Pretty sure they are, yeah. :hmm:

I'm guessing this'll go up at midnight.

Oh cock.

At least I can pass the night away with An Adventure in Time and Space... Although, that was going to form part of my Dr Who weekend celebrations!

Oh cock.

At least I can pass the night away with An Adventure in Time and Space... Although, that was going to form part of my Dr Who weekend celebrations!

Just go to sleep (yeah, right now :heh:) best time machine there is. ;)