NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

They'd better put ALttP up on the Wii U VC next week and give people a chance to play it a week ahead of ALBW. *shakes fist*.

Yes me!

I don't want to give too much away, that'd ruin the fun! I have completed it though :)

Also review embargo is next Thursday (14th) night, so I shouldn't really say much until then.

Even though I've played it, I'm hyped for it's actual release to see what everyone else thinks! Nothing compares to the excitement of a new Zelda game. Gonna play A Link to the Past this weekend too!

It's really hard to know you've completed it and not being able to ask loads of questions about how good/bad it is!! The 14th (and 22nd) can't come quick enough.

Yes me!

I don't want to give too much away, that'd ruin the fun! I have completed it though :)

Also review embargo is next Thursday (14th) night, so I shouldn't really say much until then.

Even though I've played it, I'm hyped for it's actual release to see what everyone else thinks! Nothing compares to the excitement of a new Zelda game. Gonna play A Link to the Past this weekend too!

Ahh, hadn't realised the review embargo was til then. Oh well...off to hype in a ball by myself! :bouncy:

Ahh, hadn't realised the review embargo was til then. Oh well...off to hype in a ball by myself! :bouncy:

Print embargo ends Monday so some reviews will start flowing in from then, not long to wait :)

Im really looking forward to this game! Love a brand new Zelda title to get stuck into.

Ahhh bollocks. I somehow convinced myself in my sleep that this was out this Friday, and I might get a ShopTo miracle and have it in the next few days. Totes gutted lol. I haven't felt excitement like this for a game in a long time though, not even sure what it would have last been for either!

So glad this is hitting at just as my Pokémon hype and momentum is dying down.

Definitely ready for another 3DS game to get stuck into.

Good news if it's the 'tutorial' dungeon - the comparisons to other game's dungeons is irrelevant as those aren't neccessarily tut dungeons. Sounds like it throws you right in there like the old school though, which is good.

P.S Minor possibly spoiler picture here?

http://kotaku.com/it-takes-five-minutes-to-reach-a-dungeon-in-the-newest-1462903764

P.P.S I WANT THIS GAME SO MUCH I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE BEST ZELDA STORY IN RECENT YEARS AND MAYBE EVEN A GOOD GAME TOO I AM GOING TO SAVE THE CRAP OUT OF ALL THE RULES

Yeah, I wouldn't really call it a dungeon at all - just a series of rooms before the first major cutscene.

I think the comparison is a bit of a silly one tbh - nearly all 2D Zeldas throw you straight into the gameplay!

I love your excitement for it though!

Game Informer - 10/10

BOOM.

Lovely Jubbly! Well that's the perfect start. I hope it's a sign of reviews to come.

As usual the US advert is better.

I don't know. The European ad shows more game footage whereas the American ad is a hark back to the 90's and reminded me as much if not more about Indiana Jones than Zelda.

I don't know. The European ad shows more game footage whereas the American ad is a hark back to the 90's and reminded me as much if not more about Indiana Jones than Zelda.

I prefer the US advert.

The UK one has that horrible voice doing the voice over. Wish nintendo would stop using that guy to be honest.

I prefer the US advert.

The UK one has that horrible voice doing the voice over. Wish nintendo would stop using that guy to be honest.

Yeah, just reminds me of that annoying X-Factor announcer. :nono:

Why do I ended everything narrating to me?

Can't believe they haven't released A link to the past on the wii u yet :(

I know!

It will be mint playing it on the gamepad! I want it now!

I'm staying well clear of A Link to the Past, I'd like the overworld in ALBW to have as much novelty as possible and not be somewhat spoiled by a fresh playthrough of the SNES game.

Small chance they'll put it up after today's Direct, but since it's 3DS focused I'm not holding my breath.

I'm staying well clear of A Link to the Past, I'd like the overworld in ALBW to have as much novelty as possible and not be somewhat spoiled by a fresh playthrough of the SNES game.

No danger of that for me. I know the map of LTTP like the back of my hand so a new playthrough wouldn't make a difference. That and OOT are easily 2 of my most played games.

Small chance they'll put it up after today's Direct, but since it's 3DS focused I'm not holding my breath.

I would love for that to happen. I played through it early this year but i'm all ready to play it again. :bouncy:

Was this mentioned yet about the hero mode?

This states that when playing Hero Mode (you need to beat the game to unlock it) you take quadruple damage when you hit the enemy. That's quite a lot more than the double damage that's usually present in Zelda games.

Also, the game takes about 20 hours to beat. That's quite nice if you ask me. Roll on, two weeks. Can't wait to get my hands on this gem.

Reviews are in. Here's my verdict.

A Link Between Worlds is a beautifully crafted sequel to A Link to the Past. Transforming into a painting is a inventive and fun mechanic which has led to some of the best dungeons that Link has battled through yet. But freedom afforded to players adds and detracts from the game in equal measure, stopping this Zelda from becoming one of the true greats.

Read the full review here.

I'm also happy to answer any questions now I'm not embargoed :)