NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Do the Rupee Rush games give anything? Likewise with the fairy you give rupees to?

Heart Piece

and

3000 Rupees in total donations gets you an empty bottle... yes there are FIVE in this game! :D

So, I'm about to go to the final dungeon, but I still have an entire column worth of items missing.

What gives?

Heart Piece

and

3000 Rupees in total donations gets you an empty bottle... yes there are FIVE in this game! :D

Thanks. Wasn't a big fan of those games, but turns out it was pretty easy.

Ran the Treacherous Tower twice last night and got all the rewards.

Still have 1 item slot open assuming it's in Lorule Castle but then again so could the Red Mail and final Ore piece. I thought one of them might have been obtained from the Treacherous Tower.

2 Heart Pieces left. I know where one is, no idea about the last one. Going to have to comb through the overworld(s) again. I bet it's in an obvious place as well.

So, I'm about to go to the final dungeon, but I still have an entire column worth of items missing.

What gives?

Bottles?

There's 5. I assumed there was 4.

Also the seeds from the item shop?

Found Sages 2 and 3 last night and now own and upgraded all weapon items, and never saw the Game Over screen once so never experienced losing rented items :D

So the Ice Ruins was my first temple from the other night.

Started up the game yesterday evening and decided to do the Theives Hideout, nice little dungeon, enjoyed some of the puzzles and the "escape"... though I did find it a bit short/easy, especially compared to the Ice Ruins which I had done previously. Boss fight was enjoyable, really liked using his Shield to hide :D Found some sort of Ore which apparently will upgrade the Master Sword but I need another one said teh Blacksmith.

So that Sage turned out to be Osfala which meant I could not get the Sand Rod, went and bought it outright, didn;t bother with renting it.

So with that in hand decided to go for the temple in the south west next. When I found the entrance to a temple on the Hyrule side (Desert Palace) I thought maybe this was an extra dungeon that was not marked on the map, thought SCORE, but then turned out the boss was behind a crack on Lorule side at end of the dungeon, ah well, thought an extra dungeon was too good to be true :heh: But another solid dungeon it was, enjoyed the boss, lost a fair few hearts due to falling in quicksand but didn't need a fairy (prolly due to having so many hearts now (12) for the amount of dungeons I've done due to exploring :D). Saved Irene this time, yay I got my Witch back :)

After that did a bit of exploring again looking for Maiamai's as I was a few off another upgrade. Now have 90 of the buggers :D And all my weapons upgraded (I assume 100 nets a Heart Piece?) Got all but 1 on Hyrule side, missing one in Kakariko, I can hear him near a house, I assume he is under a rock on the roof but I've no idea how to get on top of it yet.... maybe there's an item in one of the dungeons later that will help?

Which dungeons will I do today?

Just wondering also what order did others do the dungeons in?

Edited by Mokong

7hours53min on my clock with my second dungeon of the dark world down. Have bought a few items so far, getting fed up of losing them on death! Got the bow, boomerang(upgraded), bombs(upgraded), whirlythingy, hammer and fire rod(shitter than i thought). Not bothering with rentals much, trying to go for allt he buys atm. Got 4 bottles now tho, so might rock on rentals if I can find a few fairy fountains to get some backup. Still totally loving the game

:D

Dungeons so far are the thieves hideout first(boss was cool) and then the eastern palace, just chancing into it really. Enjoyed the palace actually, and glad for my earlier item choices. Helmaroc was fun to see again in a different light(almost literally? :p)

Mokong, I've heard that Maiaimai, and whilst I haven't tried to get it, I think I know how if I had the right item...

Edited by Rummy

Thanks. Wasn't a big fan of those games, but turns out it was pretty easy.

Ran the Treacherous Tower twice last night and got all the rewards.

Still have 1 item slot open assuming it's in Lorule Castle but then again so could the Red Mail and final Ore piece. I thought one of them might have been obtained from the Treacherous Tower.

2 Heart Pieces left. I know where one is, no idea about the last one. Going to have to comb through the overworld(s) again. I bet it's in an obvious place as well.

Bottles?

There's 5. I assumed there was 4.

Also the seeds from the item shop?

Must be seeds then

Found Sages 2 and 3 last night and now own and upgraded all weapon items, and never saw the Game Over screen once so never experienced losing rented items :D

My order:

1. Eastern Palace

2. Tower of Hera

3. House of Gales

4. Thieves Town

5. Swamp Palace

6. Misery Mire/Desert Palace

7. Ice Ruins

8. Turtle Rock

9. Skull Woods

So the Ice Ruins was my first temple from the other night.

Started up the game yesterday evening and decided to do the Theives Hideout, nice little dungeon, enjoyed some of the puzzles and the "escape"... though I did find it a bit short/easy, especially compared to the Ice Ruins which I had done previously. Boss fight was enjoyable, really liked using his Shield to hide :D Found some sort of Ore which apparently will upgrade the Master Sword but I need another one said teh Blacksmith.

So that Sage turned out to be Osfala which meant I could not get the Sand Rod, went and bought it outright, didn;t bother with renting it.

So with that in hand decided to go for the temple in the south west next. When I found the entrance to a temple on the Hyrule side (Desert Palace) I thought maybe this was an extra dungeon that was not marked on the map, thought SCORE, but then turned out the boss was behind a crack on Lorule side at end of the dungeon, ah well, thought an extra dungeon was too good to be true :heh: But another solid dungeon it was, enjoyed the boss, lost a fair few hearts due to falling in quicksand but didn't need a fairy (prolly due to having so many hearts now (12) for the amount of dungeons I've done due to exploring :D). Saved Irene this time, yay I got my Witch back :)

After that did a bit of exploring again looking for Maiamai's as I was a few off another upgrade. Now have 90 of the buggers :D And all my weapons upgraded (I assume 100 nets a Heart Piece?) Got all but 1 on Hyrule side, missing one in Kakariko, I can hear him near a house, I assume he is under a rock on the roof but I've no idea how to get on top of it yet.... maybe there's an item in one of the dungeons later that will help?

Which dungeons will I do today?

Just wondering also what order did others do the dungeons in?

1. Eastern Palace
  2. House of Gales
  3. Tower of Hera
  4. Dark Palace
  5. Skull Woods
  6. Turtle Rock
  7. Swamp Palace
  8. Thieves' Hideout
  9. Desert Palace
  10. Ice Palace

Thieves Hideout seems to be the one your supposed to do first with Ice Place being last judging by the size/difficulty.

It's a shame Miiverse isn't available on the 3DS yet, would have been great for this game.

• Turtle Rock
  • Thieve's Hideout
  • Desert Palace

Having read some reviews which were really amazed by the ingenious puzzles, I have to ask: Are there any puzzles?

For me everything is straightforward. Don't even need to think at all.

But maybe I'm a genius.

post-15283-Deal-With-It-Sliding-Ice-Bro-07dP.gif

Anyway, this game is good so far, not great as I had hoped.

This 'new' approach in a Zelda game (non-linear dungeon progression) has potential, but there is one major flaw:

Someone pointed it out (can't remember) who it was: There are very few obstacles between dungeons.

Playtime mainly comes from sidequests (which are fun, though).

When I'm finished with the game, I might have some ideas on how to improve the formula.

I think with some tweaks here and there Nintendo could create one of the best game in video game history, if they translate this new approach into a console Zelda.

Edited by drahkon

Spent 20 minutes on this on the way into work today, damn fine indeed. Put the 3D back on for the first time, looks great in 3D. I havn't done a heck of a lot yet, but will put a few hours into this over the week.

I did the Thieve's Hideout, not knowing it was a dungeon - that's how fun it was! I keep finding myself getting pissy with the lack of direction, but the joy of discovering things/places and then finding out that you're exactly where you're supposed to be is incredible. Well done Nintendo, another corker.

@Mokong X\-C that Maiamai in town can be snatched by....
use a cuckoo to fly from the ledge above.

Oh you're frakking kidding me, how did I not see that

FUCKING.

FUCKING.

FUCKING.

ICE TEMPLES.

I HAY THEM.

Why do Nintendo seem to concentrate all the aspects of "taking the piss" and condense it into one dungeon?! I don't know how many times I died there. Just uploaded a save point normally as I couldn't be bothered to go back and rent the Fire Rod.

Question about the Skull Woods boss:

merging with a wall and then popping back out in quick succession? Because when he goes hardcore at the end I couldn't run fast enough and dashing in such a confined space with all those holes proved more troublesome. On my pr0 attempt he only made one hole in the floor due to me fisting him at the top of the room.

I missed my stop on the train on my way back from work today because I was playing this.

Edited by MindFreak

Finished it (unfortunately :( )

Total Rupees found: 21083

Times defeated: 00000

Time played: 14:21

Boo yah

Edited by Serebii

How many of you just reloaded save files instead of letting a death tarnish your score?

I'm on 2 at the moment. Since I'd done too much to bother redoing.

How many of you just reloaded save files instead of letting a death tarnish your score?

Yeah, how many of you are pussies?

:p

I died 3 or 4 times. Fairies kept saving me.

Want to do a hard mode run with 3 hearts as soon as I'm finished with the game.

But that's impossible isn't it?

You can't not take the first few heart containers, can you?

FUCKING.

FUCKING.

FUCKING.

ICE TEMPLES.

I HAY THEM.

Why do Nintendo seem to concentrate all the aspects of "taking the piss" and condense it into one dungeon?! I don't know how many times I died there. Just uploaded a save point normally as I couldn't be bothered to go back and rent the Fire Rod.

I loved the Ice Ruins :D Was the first Sage Temple I did :D

Fav dungeon of game so far :awesome:

I missed my stop on the train on my way back from work today because I was playing this.

Lol, both funny and awesome : peace:

I have not died once, I R AWESOME :D

Though I did come very very close on the Ice Ruins boss, had like 3 hearts left.

Anyway I had a little afternoon session, put off doing my 4th Sage dungeon for now (still deciding which to do :heh:) and decided to find the last 10 Maiamai's almost all of them were hidden under big rocks that needed Titan Mitts to lift, so glad I chose to do the Desert Palace after getting the Sand Rod :D So yeah all 100 Maiamais found, though I was a little disappointed in the reward, sure a powered up spin attack is nice, but I've barely used the spin all game :heh: was hoping for a heart piece or halfdamage :p

Speaking of heart pieces found one and then realised I was one away from a new heart, and remembered I still had to get the one from the Hotfoot mini game (got all other mini game hearts....i think) so tried that, bloody hell that took me AGES. Considering I barely managed the 75second one with 3 seconds left this was tough. I was getting no where near the finish in 65seconds. Was only when I had a "duh" moment and picked a different

route that I started getting close and eventually won with 4.5seconds left :D

When reaching the junction at Links House I kept going left, which is slightly longer, realised I should be going right and that junction so I could dash all the up towards the castle and the turn left *facepalm*

So I've now got 15 hearts, with 4 temples left those heart containers would take me to 19 hearts which means there's still 4 heart pieces somewhere out in the wild..... I've already explored Hy and Lo (see what I did there :D) across both worlds...no idea where I could have missed some :blank:

EDIT

Oh also found second ore piece to ...

to upgrade the Master Sword.... felt a little wrong though.... It is the Master Sword a sacred blade of legend many thousands of years old created by the very first ever Link in a long line of Heroes .... and I had someone customise it :p

Edited by Mokong

I was a little disappointed in the reward, sure a powered up spin attack is nice, but I've barely used the spin all game :heh: was hoping for a heart piece or halfdamage :p

I found it useful for a certain challenge.

Speaking of heart pieces found one and then realised I was one away from a new heart, and remembered I still had to get the one from the Hotfoot mini game

Oh! That's where my final piece is then. You just saved me hours of searching. :p

Oh also found second ore piece to ...

to upgrade the Master Sword.... felt a little wrong though.... It is the Master Sword a sacred blade of legend many thousands of years old created by the very first ever Link in a long line of Heroes .... and I had someone customise it :p

I felt the same way. :laughing: The blade must have become dulled by now though.

Edited by Ike

I'm on 2 at the moment. Since I'd done too much to bother redoing.

I didn't do that.

Came bloody close to dying in the Treacherous Tower though...had one & a half hearts remaining when I had finished it

OMG, THAT music during the Streetpass battles! :-)

3 hours in and I'm two dungeons down.

Just completed it.

AMAZING GAME! :bouncy::yay::love:

My final stats:

Total Rupees found: 20207

Times defeated: 00003 Why does this counter have so many digits? :heh:

Total Time Played: 19:45

2 of those deaths were against the boss in the Skull Woods dungeon (thought I only died once there, but it must have been twice then

:blank:) was still on Green Tunic and low on hearts at the time though, as it was one of the first dungeons I did in Lorule.

The other death was a minute ago against the final boss. I was using the Blue Tunic, but on the way back through Lorule Castle I collected the red one before taking him on for the second time, and then he barely landed a hit on me. :indeed:

Loved the final battle though...

60fps high speed energy ball tennis was incredible! :laughing: And using the Light Arrows while in wall painting mode was awesome too. :cool:

As for the ending, it's great how Ravio was the Lorule version of Link. The Bunny outfit now makes sense too, as it's obviously a reference to Bunny Link from ALttP:

91cyLHR.jpg

Can't believe I didn't realise that earlier actually. :hehe:

I've still got 2 heart pieces left to find and some Maiamais too. Then there's Hero Mode to take on. :grin:

Anyway, superb game. Highly recommended to all 3DS owners, it's an essential purchase. :)

Oh, just one more thing...

What's up with Monolith Soft showing up in the credits of so many games these days?! You'd think they'd have their hands full with X. :hmm:

Just completed it.

AMAZING GAME! :bouncy::yay::love:

My final stats:

Total Rupees found: 20207

Times defeated: 00003 Why does this counter have so many digits? :heh:

Total Time Played: 19:45

2 of those deaths were against the boss in the Skull Woods dungeon (thought I only died once there, but it must have been twice then

:blank:) was still on Green Tunic and low on hearts at the time though, as it was one of the first dungeons I did in Lorule.

The other death was a minute ago against the final boss. I was using the Blue Tunic, but on the way back through Lorule Castle I collected the red one before taking him on for the second time, and then he barely landed a hit on me. :indeed:

Loved the final battle though...

60fps high speed energy ball tennis was incredible! :laughing: And using the Light Arrows while in wall painting mode was awesome too. :cool:

As for the ending, it's great how Ravio was the Lorule version of Link. The Bunny outfit now makes sense too, as it's obviously a reference to Bunny Link from ALttP:

91cyLHR.jpg

Can't believe I didn't realise that earlier actually. :hehe:

I've still got 2 heart pieces left to find and some Maiamais too. Then there's Hero Mode to take on. :grin:

Anyway, superb game. Highly recommended to all 3DS owners, it's an essential purchase. :)

Oh, just one more thing...

What's up with Monolith Soft showing up in the credits of so many games these days?! You'd think they'd have their hands full with X. :hmm:

Different studio. Monolith Kyoto is what is listed. They are an art studio, away from the main development of games, with only two dozen or so staff

Edited by Serebii