NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Sexism or Etiquette?

It certainly doesn't help when changing areas are often seedy little corridors at the back of the store. Changing rooms like the ones Flink posted would make it a lot harder for perverts to perve, thus making it more acceptable for non perverts to loiter wherever they want.

"Is it okay if we pop in here?" and "here" happens to be a clothes shop, I'll usually grab my iPhone and be like, "Yeah, battery is full. Let's go."

That last part absolutely cracked me up!

Vero-Moda-flagship-store-by-Riis-Retail-Aarhus-09.jpg

This is sort of what the Vera Moda was like in Hasselt, Belgium, except the chairs are just one big slab that acts as a seated area. Men sit there, women sit there, people get changed and it isn't any issue whatsoever. You aren't made to feel like a pervert. You can sit there and chat with other people if you want to (I didn't, because my Flemish isn't good enough). You're not physically going into the changing area, you're waiting at an appropriate spot and can view your friend/girlfriend in their clothes, which they are trying on (which is the whole point of you being there in the first place).

That's what Urban Outfitters is like in Glasgow. Loads of seats in a square with a massive table in the middle full of magazines. There are guys and girls sitting there and changing rooms around the outside. There are girls chatting while their friends get changed. Guys looking bored, guys perving on the girls who aren't getting changed, guys trying to perve on girls getting changed, guys perving on girls who have got changed.

It's all very pleasant.

Uh oh, someone went and took something I said seriously.. :( that never ends well =/

There there, you're not weird... *pat*

I thought of something similar when watching Masterchef the other day.

Giving the plate of food to the women first?

Discuss.

It certainly doesn't help when changing areas are often seedy little corridors at the back of the store. Changing rooms like the ones Flink posted would make it a lot harder for perverts to perve, thus making it more acceptable for non perverts to loiter wherever they want.

I think that goes a long way towards it. If you saw a guy loitering outside a dull-lit, secluded corner next to a bunch of women changing clothes behind curtains that don't quite block out the entirety of the doorway, you would probably think the worst of him. I think it would also increase the chances of people specifically doing that too as it's hidden away.

With places like in the image Flink posted, it's more open and anyone trying to perv will be seen instantly so the risk is too great.

Discuss.

Ladies first is long-standing etiquette. I work in a pub-restaurant and when taking drinks/food to a table you naturally hand out to kids, women then men. Kids because they're impatient and tend to try and grab things first anyway then women because it's polite/etiquette to offer to women first and then men because men are pigdog scum.

Hahaha so wrong. I tried on and bought one top. Jim on the other hand tried on numerous clothes in many different shops. I may just as well not have been there, the shopping was all for him. =P

Welcome to our world.

What is AmAppy?

American Apparel. Where you can spend £80 on a pair of jeans that'll last 2 weeks, all the while in the presence of douchey hipsters.

all the while in the presence of douchey hipsters.

If you refer to it as AmAppy, I think you're one of them.

Hahaha so wrong. I tried on and bought one top. Jim on the other hand tried on numerous clothes in many different shops. I may just as well not have been there, the shopping was all for him. =P

Well I guess we know who's got the vagina in this relationship now :P

It's a day out, though. Getting new clothes is awesome.

It's a "day out"?! It's not a trip to Alton Towers!* Clothes shopping is a simple affair for me, walk in, try the first thing you see. With maybe two extras. Buy one of them. My awesomeness when it comes to being picky is what saves me time to fap.

Discuss.

I watched an episode of Come Dine With Me where the food was served first to one man and one woman. One of the women at the back started whining about courtesy. Another one of those instances of women wanting equal rights when it suits.

Ladies first is long-standing etiquette. I work in a pub-restaurant and when taking drinks/food to a table you naturally hand out to kids, women then men. Kids because they're impatient and tend to try and grab things first anyway then women because it's polite/etiquette to offer to women first and then men because men are pigdog scum.

When I worked in a pub it depended on what food I was given to serve first. And then by whoever was closest.

*Gift shop moments excluded.

Yeah it's definitely not a day out. I don't usually like to end my days out in a bad mood because nothing fits me well/everything looks stupid/fashion is retarded (seriously, carrot jeans?)/clothes are too expensive/I hate people.

If you refer to it as AmAppy, I think you're one of them.

Nah, they refer to it as nirvana. I just refuse to waste my breath saying its name in full.

I bought three pieces of clothing today. Took me all of a minute to select them whilst I was on my way down from my break. Tried the jacket on whilst working just to make sure it fit. It did. Wearing it now.

EDIT: I tell a lie, two minutes. A lot of time was spent agonising whether to get the Gangnam Style t-shirt which has been reduced to half price. But I decided against it in the end.

I just had a discussion about this with both men and women and they said the same thing: That it's stupid. If this were to happen to me, I'd tell them exactly where to go! It's my girlfriend, it's not like I've not seen her before or whatever and it's not like she's uncomfortable with me because she would have told me to piss off. Also, it's not like you're there to oggle other ladies because they have a changing room! Unless you have x-ray glasses, you wouldn't be able to see them.

I also hate the fact that women can go into men's changing rooms because personally, I'd feel self-conscious around them what with being the weight I am and stuff so why aren't women treated like vultures that us men apparently are?

Also, EEVIL, how much was the Gangnam Style t-shirt and where from?

Also, EEVIL, how much was the Gangnam Style t-shirt and where from?

Tesco. £5 from a tenner.

295525_10151391022829079_237096899_n.jpg

Uh oh, someone went and took something I said seriously.. :( that never ends well =/

There there, you're not weird... *pat*

"Oh noes, my argument/post sucked. RETREAT, RETREAT!"

;) *pats head*

It's a "day out"?! It's not a trip to Alton Towers!* Clothes shopping is a simple affair for me, walk in, try the first thing you see.

That's why you dress like shit, dude. :p

I jest. Kind of.

Yeah it's definitely not a day out. I don't usually like to end my days out in a bad mood because nothing fits me well/everything looks stupid/fashion is retarded (seriously, carrot jeans?)/clothes are too expensive/I hate people.

Not if you search properly and do it right.

I bought a brand new hoodie for 20 quid, 2 good fitting and nicely designed t-shirts for a tenner each, 2 pairs of excellent fitting jeans in a deal from Burton for 40 quid and then 2 shirts for work (one was 20 and the other was 26 quid - both come with ties). I've got an awkward body shape, too. Most people have.

For one day, many might think that's a lot of money. But, that covers a lot. You've got something there to keep you warm outdoors (the hoodie), 2 shirts to wear at work, 2 pairs of jeans for variety and 2 t-shirts for variety. There's plenty of good deals out there if you do take your time and look around.

Wearing the jeans and hoodie right now. They feel good and they look like they could have cost double the price. Half of the fun is finding good deals. Suckers go into a store and pay 80 quid for a pair of jeans, the first thing they see.

It's also a day out in the sense that you can have a proper look around the shops for all sorts of different things, get yourselves a bite to eat, etc.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

That's why you dress like shit, dude. :p

I jest. Kind of.

It's cool. If only your skin was green to match your jealousy to my whiplash attire picking skills things may suit you better.

I'm really having trouble with shoes personally. For the first time in 3 years they've suddenly noticed I've been wearing trainers to work, granted they have been some sharpish Airwalk ones. My feet are just too wide at the end. My current shoes would be perfect if I chopped my little toe off. I thought I bought some decent ones today but I later discovered my little toe was once again rebelling for freedom so quickly changed back into my trainers.

My one weakness.

I might actually pick that up! haha. I love Psy, catchy cheesy pop is back in the charts instead of hearing nonstop lyrics about having wild parties, having copious amounts of sex or taking drugs or busting a cap in someone's ass! It makes a nice refreshing change.

It's a "day out"?! It's not a trip to Alton Towers!* Clothes shopping is a simple affair for me, walk in, try the first thing you see. With maybe two extras. Buy one of them. My awesomeness when it comes to being picky is what saves me time to fap.

I have a strategy: decide before I go shopping what it is I need, then decide within a reasonable median what my budget is. Go shopping: find item of clothing that I like; consider price willing to pay before looking at the label then if price = willing price or 5-10 GBP within range, add item to basket. Continue until basket has reached limit for changing room. Try items. Perve at the women. Discard unwanted items. Purchase desired items that fall within sexy/affordable median.

I watched an episode of Come Dine With Me where the food was served first to one man and one woman. One of the women at the back started whining about courtesy. Another one of those instances of women wanting equal rights when it suits.

"No darling, YOU pay for dinner tonight - you wanted to be considered my equal after all."

*SLAP*

"But this is equality!"

*SLAP*

"Please stop hitting me - or as we are equals now, am I allowed to slap you without being considered less of a man by society as we have established gender equality?"

*SLAP*

Edited by Iun

then 2 shirts for work (one was 20 and the other was 26 quid - both come with ties). I've got an awkward body shape, too. Most people have.

TM Lewin are awesome for work shirts. Go in, get yourself measured up and then try on a few different types they have to find one that fits you well (all my mates who go there have found perfect fitting shirts).

I like the fully fitted shirts from there as they're perfect for my body shape. 4 for £120, or 4 for £100 if you just go with slim fit.

I might actually pick that up! haha. I love Psy, catchy cheesy pop is back in the charts instead of hearing nonstop lyrics about having wild parties, having copious amounts of sex or taking drugs or busting a cap in someone's ass! It makes a nice refreshing change.

Crumbled to temptation. Wearing it now.

Discuss.

During the mock emergency drill on the cruise ship I recently went on they said to allow women and children off first. I thought such a thing had been resigned to the past, but apparently not. Apparently men's lives are worth less. :p

Well if the cruise ship crashes on a desert island, then to repopulate it only takes one man and loads of women, so it makes sense to save as many women as possible. I would imagine that is what they were thinking.

From a man's perspective, the life of your wife and kids is way more important than your own. In older times, every man was also supposed to take care of his woman, like a damsel in distress. Hence saving them first, it's the decent thing to do.

Amusingly enough, that would mean "women and children first" is a decision taken primarily by men. Though I'm really just using intuition, here, thinking out loud and whatnot.

Crumbled to temptation. Wearing it now.

I hope it's not a clearance thing, I can't find one!!!