NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Castle of Illusion remake (PSN/XBLA)

Apparently, Grant (GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie, Viva Piñata) Kirkhope is doing the music for this one.

He said so himself.

I'd like to see some gameplay footage.

Still, it looks like there's a Disney remake competition between Sega and Capcom this year.

Looks like a Luigi's Mansion rip-off.

giggety

Surely Luigi's Mansion would have ripped this off.

p.s. You know it doesn't.

I'm gonna be honest not that excited about this! I often replay World of Illusion on my Megadrive, whenever I dust it off and personally think that's the better game. I'm way more up for Duck Tales due to no longer owning a NES.

I never played the SEGA Mickey Mouse games so whilst Duck Tales has a nostalgia element this lacks, this would provide the more original experience and I am keen to see what the fuss is all about.

Whilst we're bleeding the Disney pool dry, I wouldn't mind seeing a redone Magical Quest once Capcom are done with Duck Tales.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A WORLD OF ILLUSION REMAKE?!!?!?! That game kicks so much ass!

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A WORLD OF ILLUSION REMAKE?!!?!?! That game kicks so much ass!

Seconded, co-op Disney fun at it's finest.

Release date etc...

Castle of Illusion Remake Release Date Announced

Available on September 4 with pre-order bonuses.

SEGA has announced the remake of Mickey Mouse's adventure, Castle of Illusion, will be available on September 4.

The game can be downloaded on PC, PSN and XBLA for £10 / 1200 MS Points, and pre-ordering the game after August 21 on PSN will net you a dynamic theme and three avatars, along with an emulated version of the Mega Drive original.

I cannot wait for this so in the mood after Ducktales!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

^ I didn't really like that review but I get the point... it's essentially an 8/10 game that you'll enjoy while it lasts but is nothing ground-breaking, that's fine as I never expected it to be. :D

Now decision time, Xbox 360 version or PSN version... having the original to play again for free is tempting but has the original already been available to download on PSN? If it has then I'll pass but if they have made it specifically available just for this then I'll consider it.

Is this remake purely 2D though just like the original? If so then I might as well stick with the 360 version as I have a fight-pad which I use for all my arcade titles/fighting games because the directional pad on it is second-to-none! ;)

Wow the animation in this is beautiful!

and that seem-less storytelling.

So MUCH more than a remake then.

I haven't played or even really seen the original I don't think, but would be very interesting to compare! Sections like the rolling apple... was it a long 2D section in the original?... just the downhill ending... or not in it at all?

Looks really nice! :)

I snagged the PS3 version and have just had a quick blast through the first world. I have no idea what all the negative reviews are about as it's pure, old skool, platforming bliss!

A lot of reviews complained about the jumping controls being loose and Mickey sliding when walking, I have yet to experience these issues.

I look forward to putting some more time into it.

Something did look a little clunky about Mickey's movement in the video you posted above, but I can't help being charmed by the look of this!

I snagged the PS3 version and have just had a quick blast through the first world. I have no idea what all the negative reviews are about as it's pure, old skool, platforming bliss!

A lot of reviews complained about the jumping controls being loose and Mickey sliding when walking, I have yet to experience these issues.

I look forward to putting some more time into it.

I think it's the same problems that were levelled at Ducktales remastered which I too had no problem with!

Sign in to follow this