NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Castle of Illusion remake (PSN/XBLA)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/12/is-sega-teasing-a-castle-of-illusion-remake

SEGA has released a new teaser trailer for a game set to release in Summer 2013, adding further evidence to the notion that a re-release of Castle of Illusion may be on the cards.

The old-fashioned trailer, which you can check out below, features legions of toy soldiers as well as a shadowy figure that looks suspiciously like Sleeping Beauty villain, Maleficent.

Last month, an adventure platformer called Castle of Illusion was spotted on the Brazilian Ratings website for Xbox 360, PS3, Vita and Wii U, leading to speculation that a re-release of the 1990 SEGA Genesis game was imminent.

What do you reckon? Should we be expecting an official announcement any day now, or is it possible SEGA is teasing some other Disney-themed game we haven't heard of?

The original was amazing. Absolutely loved that game. Would be good if the original got a virtual console relase.

Well, I guess it would be typical of Sega to give us a remake of a mediocre platformer but refuse to release Valkyria Chronicles 3 or Ace Attorney Investigations 2 SORRY SEGA (I still hate you) in the West.

Needs more Sonic, though.

Edited by Magnus

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the West.

That's Capcom.

Pretty sure it got leaked that this is Castle of Illusion. It got leaked before this teaser trailer.

That's Capcom.

Oh, yeah - I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. I shouldn't lump all of my Japanese publishers who treat the West as second-class citizens together, I guess. *Redirects hate*

As much as I'd prrefer Valkryia Chronicles 3, Castle of Illusion was a FANTASTIC game! Had it on the Sega Master System and I loved it. Preferred it to Land of Illusion too.

People always seem to praise the Mega Drive version, but the Master System version was so much better. There's decent level design and everything!

Pretty ugly graphics, though. Land of Illusion is my favorite.

I'm just wondering how was anyone able to see Maleficent in that trailer when it's clearly the Evil Queen from Snow White.

I never played Castle of Illusion, and I have no opinion formed on a remake where no info has been released, so...

People always seem to praise the Mega Drive version, but the Master System version was so much better. There's decent level design and everything!

Pretty ugly graphics, though. Land of Illusion is my favorite.

Tbh I think the music on the master system version was better too! I played the hell out of Land of Illusion and castle of Illusion....I remember the ghost mansion level early on in Land of Illusion giving me nightmares as a kid :weep:

Tsk. Where's my Quackshot, damnit?

By far the best Disney platformer.

Indeed.

Great now I've got the Duckberg level music playing in my head!

It's multiple platforms, I think that just happens to be the PS3 announcement.

It's multiple platforms' date=' I think that just happens to be the PS3 announcement.[/quote']

When you say "multiple platorms" does this include the wii u?

It's multiple platforms' date=' I think that just happens to be the PS3 announcement.[/quote']Cheers will!

Not Wii U though?... just PS3/360/Steam then according to this trailer from SEGA Europe?...

Edited by Retro_Link

Cheers will!

Not Wii U though, just PS3/360/Steam then according to this trailer from SEGA Europe?...

Oh so there isnt a wii u release then?

Standard.

I'm not sure what the official line is on Wii U so can't comment. The game is looking great though, I think we'll please a lot of people with the game.

Ugh there absolutely should be no reason this would not come to Wii U, otherwise it's totally ridiculous!

I'm realy looking forward to this, if it is released for WiiU, if not, well that's a shame.

Edited by M_rock

Apparently, Grant (GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie, Viva Piñata) Kirkhope is doing the music for this one.

Sign in to follow this