NEurope
Cube

Star Trek Mafia

Well, DuD, it was Nintendohnut who gave me the info on mr-paul. I only redirected Yvonne to you on the eventuality that there was an extra Mafia member, and what you did last day could be seen as a mafioso gaining that last slice of trust.

But now I trust you're good :heh: Good game, everybody

Good game guys :)

Amazed I survived til the end as a protector, thanks guys for keeping my identity under wraps!

Well done all, we didn't have much luck with a number of our targets, but that's the way the game goes.

Was waiting to claim jailkeep(couldn't be the roleblocker after Sheikah was outed) when the time was right, as most people seemed to think I was doing so. Never came up though. Apologies for my inactivity throughout, I had genuinely been quite busy - but then it always helps to be a quiet mafia anyway ;)

oh yeah, my mistake, didn't see that :)

So...I'm looking forward to playing a game where I'm not mafia!

Ahh, missed the last day phase! Lame. Was watching Into Darkness last night then at work today. Thought it was relatively obvious by the end, but everyone played well. Yvonne did well to keep the majority convinced for so long!

My power was interesting, as I was never sure what would come out of it. I suppose it was a possible balancing tool for Cube to use as he saw fit, but in the end it looks like even when my information seemed to imply the android was the killer people could still see the truth. I came out early in the hope that it wouldn't get my lynched later, and with my power being easily proved it was really a case of consistently targeting people to show I wasn't killing. A long as I wasn't suspicious I was safe, as I couldn't be killed.

Enjoyed the game, interested to hear how Cube thought it went as he could see both sides. Seemed the mafia were either really unlucky, the town were really good with targets, or it was a little unbalanced, but I have a feeling it was one of the first two.

Good game everyone, enjoyed it!

Did you ever try to kill me, mafia? Because half the nights I ended up targeting myself as I really didn't know who to trust! I targeted Diageo somewhere in the middle because he came out with info on Magnus, then didn't protect him the next night when Magnus came out as town (which was false). The next night I returned to targeting Diageo, but Jonnas redirected me away from him, which meant he died! Last night I considered being selfish as I thought the remaining mafia would now know I was protector and go for me, but instead I put faith in our roleblocker and redirector to take care of that and targeted Peeps.

but in the end it looks like even when my information seemed to imply the android was the killer people could still see the truth.

They were designed to be vague, but if the right people revealed relevant information, they could be very useful (such as when Sheikah was told it was a bad idea to roleblock Jimbob, as they were both good, and the last day it tied into the redirect and roleblock).

I think perhaps the town having many ways to stop kills (jailbreak roleblock, jailbreak protect, roleblock and protect) may have been too much for the number of players, but the mafia did have plenty of bad luck - they only killed two people.

I did think the mafia had some good things on their side - Rummy's character was "obviously good" (though not immune to DuD), Yvonne could be anyone from Star Trek (btw Nintendohnut, Yvonne was disguised as Wesley Crusher for the first few nights) and appeared as good. I also gave them a "phantom vote" between them (Yvonne's power messed with The Peeps' investigation) so they could place a hidden vote on the forum, avoiding the "he's a double voter, there's a 50% chance he is mafia" thing (I also didn't give the town a double vote).

Yeah, great game! I just feel silly for not remembering that I came up as good!! Wasted opportunity. My first game as mafia, though. I enjoyed it and look forward to more. Well done, Cube.