NEurope
Aneres11

Post your rare gaming items / wish list

The last couple of weeks i've been looking at the special edition 3ds' that were sent out to those lucky competition winners last year. I would love to get my hand on a Peach one. :laughing:

I have been scouring eBay the last few weeks trying to find one for a decent-ish price as I'd love to have it as a collectors item - though I'd be very tempted to use it as I love the original 3ds!

Anyway, it got me thinking about all the different special editions of consoles that are out there. Nintendo are pretty good at releasing some very special consoles that look absolutely brilliant. My favourite being the GameBoy Light Famitsu Skeleton Edition.

Check this bad boy out!

img7112fq.jpg

img7125bn.jpg

img7127d.jpg

So it got me wondering - surely some of you guys have some pretty sweet collectors items?! Or are there ones you've seen and always wanted to own?

The only thing I have is a Pokemon Emerald GBA game that still has the official Nintendo seal. It's pristine - no marks on the shiny cardboard at all. It's obviously not a collector item as there's prob millions of Pokemon Emeralds out there - but the fact it's sealed and pristine may make it worth something one day?! ::shrug:

I love collector consoles and games! What do you think fellow N-E'ers?!

Share your special stuff below!

Apparently, this Xbox faceplate that I have is rare

lfFDfwg.jpg

(Not exactly exciting)

Other non-rare collectors stuff that I have

- Collector Editions: Sonic Generations, Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Bioshock 2, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

- Triforce Gold GBA SP.

- Ocarina of Time soundtrack (Club Nintendo one).

- 3DS AR card shirt (given to the first 3,000 people who registered the 3DS)

- SSV Normandy SR-2 model.

- Various N7 clothing.

I also have a Burnout Paradise box with a thank you message on it.

One rare item that I would love to own is the Panasonic Q:

panasonic-gamecube1.jpg

I've been told that my N64-collection is rather rare, especially given the condition of the games.

2013-03-30%2017.43.14.jpg

2013-03-30%2018.08.13.jpg

I tend to not buy Collector's Editions as they often are too big for having around.

Edited by MindFreak

I really couldn't tell without going home and looking at it all.

Does the Zelda collectors disc unopened count as rare / collectible? Oh and Zelda game and watch?

I'll check when i'm home tonight and take some proper pics.

mean time here's one a friend took when at my house last weekend. can't really tell / see much in it

BGpggdsCAAAcNLt.jpg:large

I have both original Zelda games boxed in mint condition for the NES, and both Metal Gear Games, i think those are pretty rare

I have the Ocarina of Time Action Figures - the full set with horses, i have Link on Epona from Majora's Mask

I have one of the Collectors edition (limited to 3000) Figures of Raziel from Soul Reaver (comes on a grave diorama) and separate to that i have Kane, a normal Raziel and Vampire Raziel

Then i have collectors editions of; Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3,The legend of Zelda Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the separate disk zelda game which had MM, OoT Zelda 1, and 2 on, Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition.....probably more but i can't think right now what they are

I make an active effort NOT to get collector stuff as it always takes up unnecessary space. For exameple, I bought a second hand regular edition of Alan Wake when there was a collector's edition in the same store which was cheaper and in better condition just to not have it taking up space.

Some great things here.

To be honest, I'm more into collector consoles than games - there's quite a lot of limited or collector editions of games out there now and most are no more than a tin with a code for DLC.

I like the rarer items like the orange or white gamecubes and all the different Nintendo handhelds you can get :).

Some people's game collections are mighty impressive though!

I like buying Collector's Editions of games I expect to like but I'm fully aware that they're not special in the slightest.

I guess the 'rarest' thing I have is a SNES Wii Classic Controller from Club Nintendo. As much as I love it, it's hardly rare.

The current item that I want, which I'd call rare, is the Japanese exclusive gold nunchuk. Drives me mad that I don't have one to match the Legend of Zelda Wiimote+.

there's quite a lot of limited or collector editions of games out there now and most are no more than a tin with a code for DLC.

There are also too many with plastic statues. I'd like some more creative stuff.

Wow! I didn't even know that there was a transparent Game Boy Light model! (Still need to get me one of those...)

Anyway, I don't have much stuff that's really rare; just uncommon stuff like Rhythm Tengoku, Super Mario All Stars Wii (US version is much rarer and much more expensive than the UK one!), Super Mario Advance 4 eReader series 1 & 2 (complete, including Airship's Revenge), Gamecube Component Cables, GBAsp Backlight model (US only), SNES Classic Controller (Club Nintendo), Ocarina of Time 3D OST (Club Nintendo), Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 OSTs (Club Nintendo), Game & Watch Ball (Club Nintendo), Hyrule Historia and the Phantom Hourglass Player's Guide Collector's Edition.

I've also got the download version of Scribblenauts Unlimited Wii U PAL (unreleased), Doc Louis' Punchout Wii Ware (US only), Grill off with Ultra Hand Wii Ware (US only) as well as signed copies of Super Mario World (Miyamoto and Charles Martinet), Pokemon Black (Junichi Masuda) and Drill Dozer (Ken Sugimori)

My sister was lucky enough to win one of these though...

photo.JPG-medium.JPG?1337353217

So if you count that, that's our rarest item :D

Edited by Dcubed

I hate your sister @Dcubed haha. Though it's not as good as the Peach one :P

Is she using it or keeping it as a collectors item?! Sometimes I think even though they're rare, they should be played!

Edited by Aneres11

Aside from CE games, I got a gold coloured DS Lite with a Triforce symbol on the front.

Is she using it or keeping it as a collectors item?! Sometimes I think even though they're rare, they should be played!

She's using it. There's another 999 of them out there that will probably mostly go into storage/get traded on eBay anyway :p

I'm one of those who think that rare items should be used rather than just stored. Don't buy for profit, buy for the history and actually make use of the items!

I also avoid collectors editions with statues these days because any slight nudge could send me falling off the wagon. I stopped collecting toys and statues about three years ago and while I'm not any richer because of it, I have way less to worry about if my home ever catches on fire.

I actually used to have a sealed copy of Zelda NES before I sold it to fund my rockstar lifestyle during a period of unemployment. Actually... a lot of my really cool/rare stuff was sold during that period.

I guess right now the coolest thing I have is a Japanese copy of Wind Waker with the Ocarina of Time bonus disc signed by Shigeru Miyamoto. I shook his god hand and stared into his beautiful eyes one freezing cold morning many, many moons ago.

Oh yeah, I have a signed Pokemon Red hard case that my friend stole from Woolworths back in the day. Matsuda signed it at GAME when Black and White 2 came out, I'd have preferred Sugimori but the Nintendo reps didn't seem to want to let me meet him. Probably because of my fanboy rape face.

Edited by Guy

Probably mentioned it before, but I have one of these. One of a 1000 in existence.

004+(1).jpg

Probably mentioned it before, but I have one of these. One of a 1000 in existence.

004+(1).jpg

That's the kinda shit I'm talkin about! : peace:

Jealous.

Agreed the Peach one is better. Ever since getting mine I've been using it and really love it.

I have a Nintendo Powerplay Saturday champion necklace, and a Mario GC Controller from the Stars Catalogue.

Agreed the Peach one is better. Ever since getting mine I've been using it and really love it.

:blank:

You have the Peach 3ds?

I want one. :(

Apologies if none of this is considered rare, I tried :p It's stuff I enjoy owning anyways.

photoclv.jpg

photo7fja.jpg

photo5eo.jpg

photo4yc.jpg

photo3iy.jpg

photo2cft.jpg

photo1nk.jpg

I searched through my game collection but this is the only "rare" stuff I found, these are promo games for retailers/press and I'm sure you have seen some already since they aren't really that rare. But they are unavailable to public so... :) I got these games from publishers when I was working in a department stores electronics section. Nintendo only gave promo items like keychains but never real games like these. LittleBigPlanet2 didn't come with that case, I took it before we threw those pre-order display cases away.

Missing from the picture is Gran Turismo 5, which I lent to a friend over a year ago...